Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 109 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study is aimed at assessing the influence of toothpaste advertising on consumer brand preference in Makurdi metropolis. The objectives of the study are to ascertain consumers’ awareness of advert on Closeup and Maclean toothpaste in Makurdi metropolis. To identify the channels that consumers receive Close up and Maclean toothpaste advert, to determine the influence of advertising on consumers brand preference of Close up and Maclean toothpastes in Makurdi metropolis. The survey method was adopted and simple random sampling and purposive sampling were adopted as sampling technique using a sample size of four hundred which was statistically determined using Taro Yamane formula. The population comprised of civil servants, students and business persons in Makurdi. Findings from the study revealed that majority of respondents were aware of advert on Close up as compared to Maclean toothpaste. Also, television was discovered to be the dominant channel that consumers receive adverts about the products. One major factor responsible for brand preference was advertising. The study concluded that television was the dominant channel which consumers receive advert on Close up and Maclean toothpaste. Also, consumers agreed that advert lead to brand preference of Closeup and Macleans toothpastes. The study recommends that hence consumers in Makurdi metropolis have low awareness level of advert on Macleans toothpaste, marketers of the product should engage in aggressive advertising in order to compete favourably with their competitors.
1.1 Background to the Study
In today’s highly competitive market, the nature of business has significantly changed and so
has the concept and practice of advertising. In this era of intense competitive pressure, Singh
(2012) opines that many firms are focusing their efforts on maintaining a loyal customer
base. Unilever and GlaxoSmithKline producers of Close up and Maclean toothpaste
respectively are not an exemption. Consumers on the other hand are faced with making
difficult decisions about products advertised every day over the media. According to Eric,
(2000) one of the core objectives of advertising is to build brand preference. This means that
advertising aids consumers to recognise brands and make decisions as to products they prefer
amongst other substitutes. Daramola (2003) cited in Timothy (2012) co
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AFRICAN DANCES AS VITAL TEACHING TOOLS: A STUDY OF DRAMA AND THEATRE-IN-EDUCATION PROJECT 2015/2016 AT WORD OF FAITH SCHOOL, ENEN AFAHA, UYO» ABSTRACT Most members of the society strongly holds that the western system of education is the only means of educating their children/wards, thus any...Continue Reading »
2. PROBLEM AND PROSPECT OF MEDIA MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA. [A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION, OSBC, OSOGBO]» ABSTRACT This research work is based on the importance of indigenous language in broadcast media. This project therefore clamoured for the development...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF MANAGEMENT STYLE OF NAGARTA RADIO ON REPORTERS AND PROGRAMMES PRODUCERS IN THE STATION» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION A determining factor for the selection of Management or Leadership style of any media organisation is ownership and contr...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF TRADITIONAL MEDIA (ELECTRONIC AND PRINT) IN MOBILIZING SUPPORT DURING MILITARY OPERATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Traditional media comes in unalike forms and is known by not the same names indifferent regions. ...Continue Reading »
5. INFLUENCE OF NEWS COMMERCIALIZATION ON GOVERNMENT OWNED RADIO STATIONS IN ABIA STATE (A Study BCA and Radio Nigeria Pacesetter FM Umuahia)» ABSTRACT The study assessed the “Influence of News Commercialization on Government Owned Radio Stations in Abia State, Nigeria”. The survey resear...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The mass media have a prominent role it plays in the society. Mass media through its programmes s...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Pornographic materials are the representation of erotic behaviors in books, pictures, statues, motion pictures etc. that is intended to cause...Continue Reading »
8. COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE NEWSPAPER COVERAGE OF ENVIRONMENT: A STUDY OF THE PUNCH AND DAILY TRUST. JANUARY 2018 TO DECEMBER, 2018» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Environmental sustainability has critically become an important issue as acute weather changes, g...Continue Reading »
» The article on this topic (Analysis of challenges facing freedom of information in Nigeria) is an extract from the complete project material. The comp...Continue Reading »
10. INFLUENCE OF SECOND CHANCE (A FOREIGN TELEVISION PROGRAMME ON THE SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR OF NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS (AWKA)» HAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyTechnological advancement in communication technologies has continued to eulogize television as a pow...Continue Reading »