Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 109 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study is aimed at assessing the influence of toothpaste advertising on consumer brand preference in Makurdi metropolis. The objectives of the study are to ascertain consumers’ awareness of advert on Closeup and Maclean toothpaste in Makurdi metropolis. To identify the channels that consumers receive Close up and Maclean toothpaste advert, to determine the influence of advertising on consumers brand preference of Close up and Maclean toothpastes in Makurdi metropolis. The survey method was adopted and simple random sampling and purposive sampling were adopted as sampling technique using a sample size of four hundred which was statistically determined using Taro Yamane formula. The population comprised of civil servants, students and business persons in Makurdi. Findings from the study revealed that majority of respondents were aware of advert on Close up as compared to Maclean toothpaste. Also, television was discovered to be the dominant channel that consumers receive adverts about the products. One major factor responsible for brand preference was advertising. The study concluded that television was the dominant channel which consumers receive advert on Close up and Maclean toothpaste. Also, consumers agreed that advert lead to brand preference of Closeup and Macleans toothpastes. The study recommends that hence consumers in Makurdi metropolis have low awareness level of advert on Macleans toothpaste, marketers of the product should engage in aggressive advertising in order to compete favourably with their competitors.
1.1 Background to the Study
In today’s highly competitive market, the nature of business has significantly changed and so
has the concept and practice of advertising. In this era of intense competitive pressure, Singh
(2012) opines that many firms are focusing their efforts on maintaining a loyal customer
base. Unilever and GlaxoSmithKline producers of Close up and Maclean toothpaste
respectively are not an exemption. Consumers on the other hand are faced with making
difficult decisions about products advertised every day over the media. According to Eric,
(2000) one of the core objectives of advertising is to build brand preference. This means that
advertising aids consumers to recognise brands and make decisions as to products they prefer
amongst other substitutes. Daramola (2003) cited in Timothy (2012) co
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» THESIS STATEMENT Stage play production management is an area in theatre that most people shy away from due to a perceived lack of funds.[EA1] In view ...Continue Reading »
2. THE INFLUENCE OF BROADCAST MEDIA CAMPAIGNSS ON VESICO VAGINA FISTULA PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN SOUTH-EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study evaluates the broadcast media campaigns of vesico vagina fistula on the knowledge, attitude and practice of south eastern Nigerian...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Experts in the nation‘s media and marketing communication industries at a forum organized b...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study In a newspaper organization, there are various factors that determine the successful operation of...Continue Reading »
6. AN ASSESSMENT OF EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION IN ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT AMONG COMMERCIAL DRIVERS IN ZARIA» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to assess emergency communication in road traffic accident among commercial drivers in Zaria with a view to ascert...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The The rise in popularity of social networking sites has led social networking to become a globa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Information technology (IT) is the application of computers and telecommunications equipment to s...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This paper examines the patterns of media ownership in Nigeria. It analyzes the impacts of ownership patterns on media freedom and profession...Continue Reading »
10. THE ROLE OF PUNCH NEWSPAPER IN CREATING AWARENESS AGAINST DRUG ABUSE (A case study of selected residents in Lagos Nigeria)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Mass media have been a major agent of socialization and tool for social change especially now tha...Continue Reading »