Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 109 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study is aimed at assessing the influence of toothpaste advertising on consumer brand preference in Makurdi metropolis. The objectives of the study are to ascertain consumers’ awareness of advert on Closeup and Maclean toothpaste in Makurdi metropolis. To identify the channels that consumers receive Close up and Maclean toothpaste advert, to determine the influence of advertising on consumers brand preference of Close up and Maclean toothpastes in Makurdi metropolis. The survey method was adopted and simple random sampling and purposive sampling were adopted as sampling technique using a sample size of four hundred which was statistically determined using Taro Yamane formula. The population comprised of civil servants, students and business persons in Makurdi. Findings from the study revealed that majority of respondents were aware of advert on Close up as compared to Maclean toothpaste. Also, television was discovered to be the dominant channel that consumers receive adverts about the products. One major factor responsible for brand preference was advertising. The study concluded that television was the dominant channel which consumers receive advert on Close up and Maclean toothpaste. Also, consumers agreed that advert lead to brand preference of Closeup and Macleans toothpastes. The study recommends that hence consumers in Makurdi metropolis have low awareness level of advert on Macleans toothpaste, marketers of the product should engage in aggressive advertising in order to compete favourably with their competitors.
1.1 Background to the Study
In today’s highly competitive market, the nature of business has significantly changed and so
has the concept and practice of advertising. In this era of intense competitive pressure, Singh
(2012) opines that many firms are focusing their efforts on maintaining a loyal customer
base. Unilever and GlaxoSmithKline producers of Close up and Maclean toothpaste
respectively are not an exemption. Consumers on the other hand are faced with making
difficult decisions about products advertised every day over the media. According to Eric,
(2000) one of the core objectives of advertising is to build brand preference. This means that
advertising aids consumers to recognise brands and make decisions as to products they prefer
amongst other substitutes. Daramola (2003) cited in Timothy (2012) co
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Television is incorporated within the c child‟s inner world. In discussing about television and...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF GRAPHIC PRESENTATION IN NEWSPAPER PRODUCTION: A CASE STUDY OF THE TIDE NEWSPAPER AND BEACON NEWSPAPER» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Graphic presentations have a powerful impact on a viewer’s attitude, and this impact cannot...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Advertising as a concept, can be defined as a form of communication through the media about product, ...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF BROADCAST JOURNALISM IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIAN TELEVISION AUTHORITY (NTA LAGOS)» ABSTRACT The research work to look on The Role of Broadcast Journalism in Nigeria with particular reference to Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), La...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION We are all surrounded by a vast amount of advertising. Nearly everybody, therefore, has some thoughts on the subject. The ten...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSING PARTICIPATORY RESEARCH FOR EFFECTIVE DESIGN OF HEALTH COMMUNICATION: A STUDY OF BBC RADIO PROGRAMME, FLAVA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Polyphenols arenaturalorganic chemicals characterized by the presence of large number of phenol structural units (Quideau...Continue Reading »
7. THE EPISTLE AS A MEDIUM OF COMMUNICATION: AN ANALYSIS OF ABUBAKAR GIMBA’S LETTERS TO MY CHILDREN AND MARIAMA BA’S SO LONG A LETTER.» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 INTRODUCTION Communication is a very important activity of life. Humans and animals communicate in different ways...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY A century and half ago, communication between countries involved physical presence. Once, a repor...Continue Reading »
9. IMPLEMENTATION OF THE NATIONAL HIV AND AIDS BEHAVIOUR CHANGE COMMUNICATION STRATEGY, 2009-2014 IN THE PREVENTION OF HIV AND AIDS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Since the first case of HIV and AIDS in Nigeria, and the epidemics continually evolved with, Nigeria having a pathetic situation of fluctuati...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated internet usage, and academic performance of university of Uyo students. Internet today, enables information sharing a...Continue Reading »