Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 109 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study is aimed at assessing the influence of toothpaste advertising on consumer brand preference in Makurdi metropolis. The objectives of the study are to ascertain consumers’ awareness of advert on Closeup and Maclean toothpaste in Makurdi metropolis. To identify the channels that consumers receive Close up and Maclean toothpaste advert, to determine the influence of advertising on consumers brand preference of Close up and Maclean toothpastes in Makurdi metropolis. The survey method was adopted and simple random sampling and purposive sampling were adopted as sampling technique using a sample size of four hundred which was statistically determined using Taro Yamane formula. The population comprised of civil servants, students and business persons in Makurdi. Findings from the study revealed that majority of respondents were aware of advert on Close up as compared to Maclean toothpaste. Also, television was discovered to be the dominant channel that consumers receive adverts about the products. One major factor responsible for brand preference was advertising. The study concluded that television was the dominant channel which consumers receive advert on Close up and Maclean toothpaste. Also, consumers agreed that advert lead to brand preference of Closeup and Macleans toothpastes. The study recommends that hence consumers in Makurdi metropolis have low awareness level of advert on Macleans toothpaste, marketers of the product should engage in aggressive advertising in order to compete favourably with their competitors.
1.1 Background to the Study
In today’s highly competitive market, the nature of business has significantly changed and so
has the concept and practice of advertising. In this era of intense competitive pressure, Singh
(2012) opines that many firms are focusing their efforts on maintaining a loyal customer
base. Unilever and GlaxoSmithKline producers of Close up and Maclean toothpaste
respectively are not an exemption. Consumers on the other hand are faced with making
difficult decisions about products advertised every day over the media. According to Eric,
(2000) one of the core objectives of advertising is to build brand preference. This means that
advertising aids consumers to recognise brands and make decisions as to products they prefer
amongst other substitutes. Daramola (2003) cited in Timothy (2012) co
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ETHICAL CHALLENGES IN JOURNALISM PRACTICE IN SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF RIVERS, BAYELSA AND DELTA STATES» ABSTRACT The journalism profession has great impact on the individuals and society at large, hence it is expected that its ethical principles be adher...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPACT OF PHONE-IN PROGRAMMES IN SENSITIZING THE ELECTORATE, A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The need to introduce the effect programmes in sensitizing the electorate as necessitude the writ...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
4. THE DETERMINANCE OF INDUCED ABORTION AMONG UNDERGRADUATES STUDENTS IN NIGERIA (Case study of University of Benin)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Abortion is the ending of pregnancy by removing a fetus or embryo before it can survive outside t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Issues involving the influence of Zee World Soap Opera on the cultural values of youths in Uyo me...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The English article system is a complex system that is nevertheless indispensable for users of English. The articles perform several importan...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The research examines the effects of news commercialization on the contents of private media” with a case study of AIT and Channels Tel...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Children have become MUCH more interested in cartoons, over many years and it has become a primar...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to examine the influence of newspaper structure and direction on the coverage of the Niger Delta Crises by newsp...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction History of Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna Polytechnic is one of the earliest polytechnic in Nigeria, located at Tudun Wada are...Continue Reading »