Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study examined television as an instrument of Educational Advancement in Kogi State using Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja as a case study. Mass media especially television has been major agent of socialization and education in society through some educational programmes like Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Brain Test, Quiz T.V, Debate and many more apart from paying attention to government and non governmental educational organization like Universal basic Education. Today education is not limited within teacher and taught without social environment and mass media is one such potent force in the social environment of education. Mass media prove that education is really comprehensive not confined within four walls of the classroom really, television as the educational medium for the mass and mass education. However, for the purpose of this study survey research method was employed with the use of questionnaire
1.1 Background to the Study
Television (TV) is a telecommunication medium for transmitting and receiving moving Image that can monochrome (black-and-white) or colored, with or without accompanying sound, “television” may also refer specifically to a television set, television programming or television transmission.
Globally, the television world has initiated a transition of emphases from an analogue educational research based on technological development to a digital knowledge based technological development in education.
This has made it one of the basic building blocks of modern society. The technological change process has accelerated in tandem to create a new world power. Although television recourses have been looked on as tools for the up liftment of the standard of education in any nation the level of instructional development process leaves much to be desired in Nigerian higher education system.
Recent developments in television have drastically affected educational procedure for improved quality of education offered to students, television resources in instructional delivery in schools will serve as dual purpose and more efficient classroom instruction (Nzewi, 2009; Umoren, 2006). It is in the pursuance of the need to access international best practices that federal government reviewed the national policy on Education (1998) to the current one (NPE,2004) to accommodate the introduction of television system in keeping with the dynamic of social change and its demand, television stratum in Nigeria prepare the student with manpower demand. It is at this level that they should have these first encounter technology.
The advancement in which television resources offer in higher education, can be evident through accessibility to educative programme and instructional delivery in Kogi state. This can only be attained when it is drastically integrated into the programme process in the educational advancement system.
Productive situational delivery enhances learners creative and intellectual development through the use of television images, graphics, audio, test d motion for high quality learning.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The problem statement describes the context this study and it also identifies the general approach most citizen of Nigeria, especially in Kogi, in state do not know the role television play as an instrument of educational advancement.
Therefore this study to determine the extent of which television programme educated add to the advancement of Kogi State and Nigeria as a whole.
1.3 Objective of the Study
Since the objective of conducting any research its to depict dark area(s) of what has been know or unknown, this work intends:
1. To examine the impact of television as an instrument of additional advancement in Kogi state
2. To discover the function of television programme in education document
3. To examine how television stimulate group discussion among citizen of Kogi State
4. To examine the type of programme suitable TV educational advancement and development in Kogi State.
1.4 Research Question
Those are agitating question towards solving the research topic. In this wise, the research question for this study is highlighted below.
1. To what extent has television serves as an instrument of education advancement in the state [Kogi State)
2. To what extent has television programme been a virtual function in educational advancement
3. Has television programme stimulate group discussion among the
people of the state
4. To what extent has the various of programme suitable for the educational advancement and development in the state.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria, there are three main types of media ownership namely, Government ownership, Private o...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 110 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. THE IMPACT OF NEWS COMMENTARIES ON RADIO LISTENERS (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL RADIO CORPORATION OF NIGERIA ENUGU)» CHAPETR ONE INTRODUCTION The history of radio news commentary in Nigeria dated back to the 1930’s when what was known as radio receiver was just...Continue Reading »
41 pages | 290 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
3. AN ASSESSMENT OF EMERGENCY COMMUNICATION IN ROAD TRAFFIC ACCIDENT AMONG COMMERCIAL DRIVERS IN ZARIA» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to assess emergency communication in road traffic accident among commercial drivers in Zaria with a view to ascert...Continue Reading »
205 pages | 17 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. MORTAL VISION, DESTINY AND PERSONAL CHOICE: A DIRECTORIAL ANALYSIS AND EXPERIMENT IN ELECHI AMADI’S ISIBURU» TABLE OF CONTENTS Pages Title Page i Certification ii Dedication iii Acknowledgement iv Table of Contents v Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE 1.1 General Introd...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 444 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This study focused on journalists' perception of the credibility of citizen journalism on social media platforms. The population of the study...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 238 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
6. SOCIAL REVOLT IN WOLE SOYINKA’S THE JERO PLAYS AND UWEMEDIMO ATAKPO’S KEN SARO WIWA -N- THE NIGER DELTA TRIALS» ABSTRACT The research effort was a study of the use of literary drama as a medium of social revolution and re awakening using Wole Soyinka’s The...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
7. COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE PERFORMANCES OF GOVERNMENT OWNED AND PRIVATELY OWNED BROADCASTING MEDIA ORGANIZATION (A STUDY OF FRCN AND RAYPOWER FM ENUGU)» Abstract This project examines the comparative study of the performances of government owned and privately owned broadcasting media organization (A st...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 460 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This study sought to find out the influence of social environment on media ethics amongst journalist in Uyo metropolis. The objectives of the...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 192 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Journalism is the collection, preparation and distribution of news and related commentary and feature...Continue Reading »
103 pages | 302 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Background to the Study Election is a festival of democracy. It fosters an inclusive state; democracy rooted in popular sovereignty an...Continue Reading »
202 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION