Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study examined television as an instrument of Educational Advancement in Kogi State using Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja as a case study. Mass media especially television has been major agent of socialization and education in society through some educational programmes like Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Brain Test, Quiz T.V, Debate and many more apart from paying attention to government and non governmental educational organization like Universal basic Education. Today education is not limited within teacher and taught without social environment and mass media is one such potent force in the social environment of education. Mass media prove that education is really comprehensive not confined within four walls of the classroom really, television as the educational medium for the mass and mass education. However, for the purpose of this study survey research method was employed with the use of questionnaire
1.1 Background to the Study
Television (TV) is a telecommunication medium for transmitting and receiving moving Image that can monochrome (black-and-white) or colored, with or without accompanying sound, “television” may also refer specifically to a television set, television programming or television transmission.
Globally, the television world has initiated a transition of emphases from an analogue educational research based on technological development to a digital knowledge based technological development in education.
This has made it one of the basic building blocks of modern society. The technological change process has accelerated in tandem to create a new world power. Although television recourses have been looked on as tools for the up liftment of the standard of education in any nation the level of instructional development process leaves much to be desired in Nigerian higher education system.
Recent developments in television have drastically affected educational procedure for improved quality of education offered to students, television resources in instructional delivery in schools will serve as dual purpose and more efficient classroom instruction (Nzewi, 2009; Umoren, 2006). It is in the pursuance of the need to access international best practices that federal government reviewed the national policy on Education (1998) to the current one (NPE,2004) to accommodate the introduction of television system in keeping with the dynamic of social change and its demand, television stratum in Nigeria prepare the student with manpower demand. It is at this level that they should have these first encounter technology.
The advancement in which television resources offer in higher education, can be evident through accessibility to educative programme and instructional delivery in Kogi state. This can only be attained when it is drastically integrated into the programme process in the educational advancement system.
Productive situational delivery enhances learners creative and intellectual development through the use of television images, graphics, audio, test d motion for high quality learning.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The problem statement describes the context this study and it also identifies the general approach most citizen of Nigeria, especially in Kogi, in state do not know the role television play as an instrument of educational advancement.
Therefore this study to determine the extent of which television programme educated add to the advancement of Kogi State and Nigeria as a whole.
1.3 Objective of the Study
Since the objective of conducting any research its to depict dark area(s) of what has been know or unknown, this work intends:
1. To examine the impact of television as an instrument of additional advancement in Kogi state
2. To discover the function of television programme in education document
3. To examine how television stimulate group discussion among citizen of Kogi State
4. To examine the type of programme suitable TV educational advancement and development in Kogi State.
1.4 Research Question
Those are agitating question towards solving the research topic. In this wise, the research question for this study is highlighted below.
1. To what extent has television serves as an instrument of education advancement in the state [Kogi State)
2. To what extent has television programme been a virtual function in educational advancement
3. Has television programme stimulate group discussion among the
people of the state
4. To what extent has the various of programme suitable for the educational advancement and development in the state.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE PRESS IN NIGERIAN POLITICS: ANALYSIS OF ISSUES AND PATTERNS OF NEWS COVERAGE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The development of Nigerian politics is interwoven with that of the press. The early press, notably T...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 69 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | MASS COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
2. JOURNALISTS' PERCEPTION OF THE CREDIBILITY OF CITIZEN JOURNALISM ON SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS» ABSTRACT This study focused on journalists' perception of the credibility of citizen journalism on social media platforms. The population of the study...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 60 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | MASS COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
3. THE ROLE OF TRADITIONAL MEDIA (ELECTRONIC AND PRINT) IN MOBILIZING SUPPORT DURING MILITARY OPERATION» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Traditional media comes in unalike forms and is known by not the same names indifferent regions. ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 40 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | MASS COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
4. THE APPLICATION OF EXCELLENCE THEORY IN PUBLIC RELATIONS PRACTICE IN KADUNA POLYTECHNIC» ABSTRACT This study investigates how excellence theory is being applied in the public relations practice of Kaduna polytechnic. Excellence theory is a...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 105 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | MASS COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
5. COMMUNICATION IN NATURAL DISASTER MANAGEMENT: A STUDY OF 2005 FLOOD RISK AWARENESS CAMPAIGN AMONG THE RESIDENTS OF JALINGO METROPOLIS» Abstract This study examined the communication channels employed by Taraba State Government before, during and after 2005 flood disaster in Jalingo me...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 104 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | MASS COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
6. ROLE OF COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY IN IMPROVING WORK EFFICIENCY OF AIT STAFF (A STUDY OF AIT ABUJA)» CHAPTER ONE Introduction 1.1 Background of the Study Newsroom yesterday and today are far flung different. What it is yesterday was of Traditional met...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 52 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | MASS COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
7. THE IMPACT OF BREATH-AWAY PROGRAMMES (CRBC-TV) ON CHILDREN AS RELATED TO SOCIAL BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS IN NIGERIA- A CASE STUDY OF YAKURR LGA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study This chapter gives us an introduction to the research „‟Impact of Breath away (CRBC TV) ...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 43 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | MASS COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
8. THE USE OF GSM AS A MEDIUM FOR LEARNING: A STUDY OF ABU STUDENTS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The world is fast becoming a global village and a necessary tool for the process of communication...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 45 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | MASS COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
9. FILM AS A TOOL FOR TOURISM PROMOTION: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF SELECTED NOLLYWOOD AND ALBERT BROCCOLLI’S JAMES BOND FILMS» ABSTRACT In 1990, scholars estimated that film has about 70 million global viewership. By 2015, the number of viewers had increased to 350 million due...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 156 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | MASS COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT
10. COMMUNICATION AS A TOOL FOR ENHANCING ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCES» ABSTRACTThe title of this project is communication as a tool for enhancing organizational performance. The aim of this study was to investigate the co...Continue Reading »
Item Type & Format: Project Material - Ms Word | 50 pages | Instant Download | Chapter 1-5 | MASS COMMUNICATION DEPARTMENT