Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study examined television as an instrument of Educational Advancement in Kogi State using Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja as a case study. Mass media especially television has been major agent of socialization and education in society through some educational programmes like Who Wants to be a Millionaire, Brain Test, Quiz T.V, Debate and many more apart from paying attention to government and non governmental educational organization like Universal basic Education. Today education is not limited within teacher and taught without social environment and mass media is one such potent force in the social environment of education. Mass media prove that education is really comprehensive not confined within four walls of the classroom really, television as the educational medium for the mass and mass education. However, for the purpose of this study survey research method was employed with the use of questionnaire
1.1 Background to the Study
Television (TV) is a telecommunication medium for transmitting and receiving moving Image that can monochrome (black-and-white) or colored, with or without accompanying sound, “television” may also refer specifically to a television set, television programming or television transmission.
Globally, the television world has initiated a transition of emphases from an analogue educational research based on technological development to a digital knowledge based technological development in education.
This has made it one of the basic building blocks of modern society. The technological change process has accelerated in tandem to create a new world power. Although television recourses have been looked on as tools for the up liftment of the standard of education in any nation the level of instructional development process leaves much to be desired in Nigerian higher education system.
Recent developments in television have drastically affected educational procedure for improved quality of education offered to students, television resources in instructional delivery in schools will serve as dual purpose and more efficient classroom instruction (Nzewi, 2009; Umoren, 2006). It is in the pursuance of the need to access international best practices that federal government reviewed the national policy on Education (1998) to the current one (NPE,2004) to accommodate the introduction of television system in keeping with the dynamic of social change and its demand, television stratum in Nigeria prepare the student with manpower demand. It is at this level that they should have these first encounter technology.
The advancement in which television resources offer in higher education, can be evident through accessibility to educative programme and instructional delivery in Kogi state. This can only be attained when it is drastically integrated into the programme process in the educational advancement system.
Productive situational delivery enhances learners creative and intellectual development through the use of television images, graphics, audio, test d motion for high quality learning.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The problem statement describes the context this study and it also identifies the general approach most citizen of Nigeria, especially in Kogi, in state do not know the role television play as an instrument of educational advancement.
Therefore this study to determine the extent of which television programme educated add to the advancement of Kogi State and Nigeria as a whole.
1.3 Objective of the Study
Since the objective of conducting any research its to depict dark area(s) of what has been know or unknown, this work intends:
1. To examine the impact of television as an instrument of additional advancement in Kogi state
2. To discover the function of television programme in education document
3. To examine how television stimulate group discussion among citizen of Kogi State
4. To examine the type of programme suitable TV educational advancement and development in Kogi State.
1.4 Research Question
Those are agitating question towards solving the research topic. In this wise, the research question for this study is highlighted below.
1. To what extent has television serves as an instrument of education advancement in the state [Kogi State)
2. To what extent has television programme been a virtual function in educational advancement
3. Has television programme stimulate group discussion among the
people of the state
4. To what extent has the various of programme suitable for the educational advancement and development in the state.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The concept of citizen journalism has been variously called "public", "participatory", "democrati...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTON 1.1 Background of the study There is no limit to the study of media and society. Media and society as a subject covers a wide ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT. Almost everyone watches or listens to various forms of media every day, whether this comes in the form of television, radio, print, or movie...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe study is a critical examination of the effect of mass media in Traditional media of communication as tools for effective rural development...Continue Reading »
» Abstract For more than a decade now, one of the centerpieces of socio economic development, and foreign aid has been the effort to attain the Millenni...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research examined audience perception of Pidgin English usage in Broadcast Media with a study of WASOBIA TV and WASOBIA FM. It was observ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYIn this part of the world,media ownership first began with the activities of colonial missionaries.w...Continue Reading »
8. THE ROLE OF THE MEDIA IN MITIGATING AGAINST FEMALE SECONDARY SCHOOL DROP OUTS: A STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS IN SABON GARI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.1 Introduction Education is a process of mapping experiences and finding a variety of reliable routes to opt...Continue Reading »
9. PRESS COVERAGE OF THE PASSAGE OF NATIONAL MINIMUM WAGE ACT IN NIGERIA (A STUDY OF VANGUARD AND THISDAY NEWSPAPER)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The 1999 constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria (as amended) recognizes Nigeria as one i...Continue Reading »
10. EVALUATION OF NEWSPAPER COVERAGE OF PINK PEARL FOUNDATION BREAST CANCER CAMPAIGNS IN SOUTH-SOUTH NIGERIA» Abstract Breast cancer as a scourge has become a global issue and its threat has led to a growing consciousness among women who are potential victims....Continue Reading »