Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 40 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
The Nigeria marketing environment today is one of aggressive and unfriendly competition among both manufacturers and service providers. Most companies adopt various marketing strategies in order to maintain or increase profit margin, market shares or sales volume of their products or services. In this effort, quite a fortune is spent on advertising by which the organizations hope to achieve these objectives.
Advertising is one of the most effective tools that manufacturing companies can utilize to create more demands for their product on account of it’s capacity to reach a large number of people at a relatively short time and cost. It involves the creation of demand for products and services with use of written, printed, spoken words, picture and diagrams.
Not only that, skillfully planned and directed advertising not only at home, but also abroad overcome prejudice combat, foreign competition, establish new habit, build good will creates employment, increase productivity, multiply sales and thus, lay a solid foundation for sustained economic development of any country. One contends that advertising is one of the most powerful socializing forces in culture.
Advertising sells more than product. It sets image value, goods and concepts of who we are and who we should be. It shapes our attitudes and our attitudes shape our behavior. Ahunaya (2004, P. 70).
According to the Encyclopedia, Americana (204), Advertising began around 3200 BC. When the Egyptian stenciled inscription, the names of kings on the temple being built. Later they wrote run away slave announcement on papyrus. Signboards were placed outside doors in
Greece and Egypt around 1500BC. Perhaps the most important event in history of advertising was the printing of the Gutenberg Bible about 1450 to 1455, the first time that Western man used the principle of moveable type. In about 1477, in London, the first printed advertisement in English announced a prayer book sale. The first newspaper advertisement appeared on the back paper of a London newspaper in 1625.
Advertising has since then been seen to help in economic development in ways of creating jobs, sponsoring sports and the art helps to provide affordable media which encourages competition, improves product, keep price low and enable people to make informed buying choices. Eluwa (2004, P.44).
The impact of advertising does not stop at the economy but also has influenced the social behaviour of youths greatly by way of sensitization, social interaction, modification and other wise. Using ESUT students as an example, advertising makes students too materialistic. Advert affects their value system and social behaviour because it suggests to them that the means to a happier life is the acquisition of more things. Baran (390).
Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) is located at the heart of Enugu State capital.
Advertising have influenced students of Enugu State University of Science and Technology (ESUT) by making them think that life is just about the acquisition of more things, instead of spiritual or intellectual enlightenment. Advertising creates opportunity of striving to attain high materialistic status in students.
- Advertising creates in students liking and preference for a product.
- Advertising stimulates thought about a new product to its consumer’s.
- Advertising makes sure that all information about a product is communicated to its consumer, like the features, and location of sales of the product.
- Advertising with its persuasive nature, builds brand preference and loyalty in its consumer’s.
Ozoh (1998, P. 13).
1.2Statement of the Problem
Like other promotional techniques, advertising informs, persuades and reminds. It can change consumer’s beliefs, attitudes, images and behavior.
Here, the reason for advertising is that advertising is an important instrument of communication as far as commerce is concerned. Once the advertiser has captured the attention of his audience, he holds their interest long enough to make them aware of the production being offered. Successful advertisements do not merely entertain, but try to persuade the audience to buy. This is where the problem lies. People tend to have the belief that this persuasive quality of advertising has an impact on the social behavior of its audience, especially students because they are still within the age of being influenced by the media. Hence, the essence of this study.
The problem therefore is what impact has Gulder advertisement on the social behaviour of students of ESUT.
1.3Objectives of the Study
The objectives of this study are as follows;
1. To examine whether Gulder advertisement impact on the behaviour of students of ESUT.
2. To examine the nature of impact Gulder advertisement has on the social behaviour of students of ESUT.
3. To determine the level of impact Gulder advertisement has on the social behaviour of students of ESUT.
1.4 Research Questions
The study has the following research questions:
1. To what extent has Gulder advertisement impacted on the social behaviour of students of ESUT?
2. What is the nature of impact Gulder advertisement has on the social behaviour of students of ESUT?
3. To what level has Gulder advertisement impacted on the social behaviour of students of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This project attempts to critically examine the influence of “Igbo Rituals as Filmic Themes in Nollywood Movies”. In order to achieve thi...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 463 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. INFLUENCE OF OWNERSHIP IN RADIO NEWS COVERAGE (A STUDY OF FEDERAL RADIO CORPORATION OF NIGERIA, ENUGU)» TABLE OF CONTENTSDeclaration iiCertificate iiiDedication ivAcknowledgment vTable of contents viList of tables ixAbstract xCHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 b...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 438 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
3. THE INFLUENCE OF PROSTATE CANCER AWARENESS CAMPAIGNS ON THE KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE AND PRACTICES OF MEN IN SOUTH-EASTERN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was designed to investigate the influence of Prostate cancer awareness campaigns on the knowledge, attitude and practices of men i...Continue Reading »
110 pages | 413 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. AN ASSESSMENT OF THE INFLUENCE OF NTA EDUCATIONAL PROGRAMMES ON SECONDARY SCHOOL CHILDREN IN PORT HARCOURT METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Television is an important medium of communication in the 21st century. It is used for several re...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 818 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to examine the influence of newspaper structure and direction on the coverage of the Niger Delta Crises by newsp...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 104 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND / INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY The roles of Mass Media in our society cannot be over stressed; As rebranding programme of...Continue Reading »
18 pages | 710 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This study was designed to determine the perceived impact of print media as indices of sports development in Nigeria using The Sun N...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 690 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Digital television transition is the technological evolution and advance from analogue terres...Continue Reading »
49 pages | 286 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This research work examined the role of the new media on newspaper readership among residents of Kaduna metropolis. The basic objective of th...Continue Reading »
93 pages | 57 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The English article system is a complex system that is nevertheless indispensable for users of English. The articles perform several importan...Continue Reading »
73 pages | 182 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION