Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 110 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This study examines the influence of telecommunication advertisements on students’ perception and preference for GSM services in Kogi state tertiary institutions. The study emerged from the backdrop of increasing complaints about poor GSM services in Nigeria, and the assumption that advertising could help in shaping perceptions and choice of GSM networks among active users and subscribers. The study was aimed at making an empirical contribution to existing understanding of the level of influence advertising has on consumer behaviour in the telecommunication industry. The study was based on the presupposition of the source credibility and hierarchy of effect theories. The survey method as adopted for the study using a multi-stage sampling method in which institutions were randomly selected and research instruments purposively administered to the respondents. The survey received a 95 per cent response rate from a sample of 381 of 400 drawn from 4 out of the 13 tertiary institutions in Kogi state using a multi stage sampling method in which these institutions are divided into strata and each stratum was purposively selected. Data gathered were analyzed using Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS). Results were analysed using percentage frequency, mean and standard deviation while the association between the level of advertising influence and preferences was tested using Pearson correlation analysis. Chi-square test was also carried out to test association between GSM service preference and demographic variables. Overall results show a strong positive association between the level of advertising influence and respondents’ preference for GSM service. Finding also shows that the message of the advertisement was considered the most appealing element in the advertisement that influences students GSM patronage. Furthermore, there is analysis showed a low user approval rate (perception) of GSM prepaid advertisements and also highlights other extra advertorial intervening factors apart from advertising that equally influence students’ GSM patronage. The study concludes that since there is a strong positive relationship between the level of advertising influences and sstudents’ preference for GSM services, such influences may affect their perceptions of the advertisements which in turn may determine GSM service they will eventually subscribe to. It therefore recommends that GSM advertisement messages should be factual, accurate and realistic since such messages affect perception and preference for GSM patronage.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The study looked at the influence of advertising on consumers’ purchasing behaviour of toothpaste in Uyo Urban. The survey research method ...Continue Reading »
85 pages | 216 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The multilingual nature of Nigeria has become one of her greatest challenges in recent time. Inco...Continue Reading »
67 pages | 322 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» Abstract The study looked at the perception which lecturers in the University of Uyo have of the Udom Emmanuel Dakkada philosophy. The survey research...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 246 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. THE IMPACT OF GRAPHIC PRESENTATION IN NEWSPAPER PRODUCTION: A CASE STUDY OF THE TIDE NEWSPAPER AND BEACON NEWSPAPER» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Graphic presentations have a powerful impact on a viewer’s attitude, and this impact cannot...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 497 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This study focused on the influence of Dettol soap advertisements on Oyo State women’s perception and use of the brand. Advertising has bee...Continue Reading »
91 pages | 237 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The media of mass communication have a responsibility in any society where they operate. Neher an...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 194 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
7. RADIO LISTENERSHIP PATTERN AMONG MARKET WOMEN IN ILORIN METROPOLIS (A CASE STUDY OF GBAJI MARKET WOMEN, IBADAN AND OBADA WOMEN MARKET, IREE)» ABSTRACT This project has been written to help the reader or students especially students of mass communication to have a better understanding on the ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 147 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
8. PERFORMANCE AUDIT OF THE MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS STRATEGIES OF SELECTED PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The Nigerian university educational system was liberalised in 1999 and this led to the establishment of private universities. To promote thei...Continue Reading »
201 pages | 170 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» The impact of radio and television campaign on cultism in Nigerian cannot be undermined. Instead, it has gotten enough recognition in our society and ...Continue Reading »
74 pages | 600 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In its 1956 history, the Nigeria news media has evolved from endorsing colonial missionary catech...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 731 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION