Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The need to introduce the effect programmes in sensitizing the electorate as necessitude the writing of this project work. It has been observed that the most broadcasting stations are engaging in some extra curriculum activities such as introducing of interactive programmes that calls for an immediate response when election is take place. That is the sensitization of the electorate through phone in programme.
Osun state Broadcasting Corporation Channel 32 UHF [OSBC] is a state government owned broadcasting stations. It is a station that has the modern way of sensitizing the electorates without considering the factor of the government of the day.
The control room, where all activities takes place in the studio consist of equipment such as avoid console, control panel, character generator, preview monitor, telephone while the VTR room comprise of video tape player and recorders’ used for playing the recorded programmes.
It is in line of this that I have decided to embark upon an extensive research on the effect phone in programme in sensitizing the electorate.
1.1 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND
Osun State Broadcasting Corporation [OSBC] was established on 27th
August, 1991 following the creation of osun state from the old oyo state. As at date, the OSBC family parade four channels 2 each at Radio and television with distinct appeal and independent programming. OSBC channel 32 UHF is the focus of this project among others.
Initially, OSBC channel 32 UHF was operated separately under a managing director with sub- directors under him before it was merged together with other three channels and all under one Director General. Main while, each channel is having its Director of services.
In OSBC channel 32 UHF, there is director of television service who supervises all activities or staffs who worked under him these include, Director of news and current affairs, with his Deputy, editor, chief reporter the reporters. Also Director of prommers with his Deputy and other producers and production crew.
The fact that the four channels that made up of OSBC is being controlled by one body of Administration does not allow me to mention other department which are essential on television house settings. Department like administration, finance, engineering and marketing are all forming the management team.
The station have both A.m and P.m transmission as part of its strategies to win large audience, right from inception, the station had taken upon it self the order task of revolutionizing television in Nigeria in Nigeria which had been marked by divines and lack of entertainment and with its away of popularly watched foreign and programmes, no-morning Nigeria, Data loner, lets discuss, sports etc it has become the darling of viewers in osun and its environment.
In 2007, the station was awarded the national broadcasting commission station south west for its excellence.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Following the nation wick quest for timely information or sensitization, most especially when electron is about to take place in the country. The number of broadcasting station in Nigeria has increased and thereby led to
competition among the station. Hence, each proprietor or ownership has been working tirelessly to ensure that their stations becomes the choice of people.
This project work investigate into an important area of broadcasting which examine television as a major that interest everybody of its ability to match virtual and avoid, thereby authenticating the genuine message of an important seasonal programme in relation to the programmer that is design to educate the audient on election.
A phone-in-programme is a programme set up to elicit response from the target audience of that particular programme which may be this time around be to give a clear consent to what the electorate and the general public is to do on electron the use fullness and relevance of telephone or the introduction of phone- in- programme to modern broadcasting. How it has increased the study.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Does the mass media influence the people about choosing candidate during electron period?
2. How often do people listen to election information action programme through the media?
3. What is the public level of commitment to the mass media during election?
4. Is the programme- in- programme capable of performing the functions of educating and entertaining the entire public?
5. What is the effect of t he programme-in-programme on Nigeria youths?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this work include the following
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLES OF RADIO AND INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION IN THE ERADICATION OF GUINEA WORM IN NKALAGU COMMUNITY» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page ................................................................... ii Approval page .......................................Continue Reading »
85 pages | 209 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The idea of good teacher for each individual is variable. Students´ perception, opinions an...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 415 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
3. THE ROLE OF PUNCH NEWSPAPER IN CREATING AWARENESS AGAINST DRUG ABUSE (A case study of selected residents in Lagos Nigeria)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Mass media have been a major agent of socialization and tool for social change especially now tha...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 171 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
4. THE INFLUENCE OF BROADCAST MEDIA CAMPAIGNSS ON VESICO VAGINA FISTULA PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN SOUTH-EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study evaluates the broadcast media campaigns of vesico vagina fistula on the knowledge, attitude and practice of south eastern Nigerian...Continue Reading »
116 pages | 83 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This study was designed to determine the perceived impact of print media as indices of sports development in Nigeria using The Sun N...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 453 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» (A Case Study of Osun State Polytechnic ND II Computer Science Students) CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This study is on The imp...Continue Reading »
44 pages | 391 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
7. IMPACT OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS ON CONSUMERS’ PATRONAGE: A CASE STUDY OF DANGOTE CEMENT FACTORY, IBESE COMMUNITY’» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Community Relations is a branch of Public Relations that has emerged from what used to be ref...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 79 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
8. OWNERSHIP INFLUENCE AND CHALLENGES OF MEDIA ESTABLISHMENT IN EFFECTIVE DISSEMINATION OF NEWS INFORMATION» ABSTRACT This project work is mainly based on the theoretical and practical approach of the ownership influence and challenges on media establishment ...Continue Reading »
51 pages | 133 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT This research work is on the survey on the impact of advertising on select hotels profitability in Eket Urban. Among the objectives of this s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 150 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» Abstract The press has been defined as the fourth estate of the realm. It has undergone a sustained or a continuous system or repression by those who ...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION