Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The need to introduce the effect programmes in sensitizing the electorate as necessitude the writing of this project work. It has been observed that the most broadcasting stations are engaging in some extra curriculum activities such as introducing of interactive programmes that calls for an immediate response when election is take place. That is the sensitization of the electorate through phone in programme.
Osun state Broadcasting Corporation Channel 32 UHF [OSBC] is a state government owned broadcasting stations. It is a station that has the modern way of sensitizing the electorates without considering the factor of the government of the day.
The control room, where all activities takes place in the studio consist of equipment such as avoid console, control panel, character generator, preview monitor, telephone while the VTR room comprise of video tape player and recorders’ used for playing the recorded programmes.
It is in line of this that I have decided to embark upon an extensive research on the effect phone in programme in sensitizing the electorate.
1.1 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND
Osun State Broadcasting Corporation [OSBC] was established on 27th
August, 1991 following the creation of osun state from the old oyo state. As at date, the OSBC family parade four channels 2 each at Radio and television with distinct appeal and independent programming. OSBC channel 32 UHF is the focus of this project among others.
Initially, OSBC channel 32 UHF was operated separately under a managing director with sub- directors under him before it was merged together with other three channels and all under one Director General. Main while, each channel is having its Director of services.
In OSBC channel 32 UHF, there is director of television service who supervises all activities or staffs who worked under him these include, Director of news and current affairs, with his Deputy, editor, chief reporter the reporters. Also Director of prommers with his Deputy and other producers and production crew.
The fact that the four channels that made up of OSBC is being controlled by one body of Administration does not allow me to mention other department which are essential on television house settings. Department like administration, finance, engineering and marketing are all forming the management team.
The station have both A.m and P.m transmission as part of its strategies to win large audience, right from inception, the station had taken upon it self the order task of revolutionizing television in Nigeria in Nigeria which had been marked by divines and lack of entertainment and with its away of popularly watched foreign and programmes, no-morning Nigeria, Data loner, lets discuss, sports etc it has become the darling of viewers in osun and its environment.
In 2007, the station was awarded the national broadcasting commission station south west for its excellence.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Following the nation wick quest for timely information or sensitization, most especially when electron is about to take place in the country. The number of broadcasting station in Nigeria has increased and thereby led to
competition among the station. Hence, each proprietor or ownership has been working tirelessly to ensure that their stations becomes the choice of people.
This project work investigate into an important area of broadcasting which examine television as a major that interest everybody of its ability to match virtual and avoid, thereby authenticating the genuine message of an important seasonal programme in relation to the programmer that is design to educate the audient on election.
A phone-in-programme is a programme set up to elicit response from the target audience of that particular programme which may be this time around be to give a clear consent to what the electorate and the general public is to do on electron the use fullness and relevance of telephone or the introduction of phone- in- programme to modern broadcasting. How it has increased the study.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Does the mass media influence the people about choosing candidate during electron period?
2. How often do people listen to election information action programme through the media?
3. What is the public level of commitment to the mass media during election?
4. Is the programme- in- programme capable of performing the functions of educating and entertaining the entire public?
5. What is the effect of t he programme-in-programme on Nigeria youths?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this work include the following
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The Critical Discourse Analysis of selected editorial cartoons aims at revealing the intended meaning hidden in the discourse used in editori...Continue Reading »
2. TELEVISION ADVERTISING AND UNIUYO UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS PURCHASING PREFERENCE FOR INDOMIE NOODLES» ABSTRACT The study investigated Television Advertising and Uniuyo Undergraduate Students Purchasing Preference for Indomie Noodles. Two hundred and fi...Continue Reading »
3. CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY (CSR) AS A CONFLICT MANAGEMENT STRATEGY IN SELECTED OIL PRODUCING COMMUNITIES IN DELTA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) involves giving back to the community where a business organisation operates. CSR is not supposed to be...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT (Bilteneven 1973:11) says that a mass media can take message around the world. The stimulus for this on the research is to find out the impac...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the impact of social media on political advertising during the 2015 governorship election in Delta State. The researc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study This study sets out to investigate the role of third world News Agencies in the global disseminat...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 INTRODUCTION: Historically, television broadcasting in Nigeria has been use as a medium of communication that seeks to enrich the life of average ...Continue Reading »
8. THE INFLUENCE OF BROADCAST MEDIA CAMPAIGNSS ON VESICO VAGINA FISTULA PREVENTION AND CONTROL IN SOUTH-EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study evaluates the broadcast media campaigns of vesico vagina fistula on the knowledge, attitude and practice of south eastern Nigerian...Continue Reading »
9. CHALLENGES FACING MEDIA ORGANISATION IN DISSEMINATION OF INFORMATION (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA TELEVISION AUTHORITY (NTA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Communication as known everywhere has developed over a number of centuries. The sophisticated and...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The English article system is a complex system that is nevertheless indispensable for users of English. The articles perform several importan...Continue Reading »