Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The need to introduce the effect programmes in sensitizing the electorate as necessitude the writing of this project work. It has been observed that the most broadcasting stations are engaging in some extra curriculum activities such as introducing of interactive programmes that calls for an immediate response when election is take place. That is the sensitization of the electorate through phone in programme.
Osun state Broadcasting Corporation Channel 32 UHF [OSBC] is a state government owned broadcasting stations. It is a station that has the modern way of sensitizing the electorates without considering the factor of the government of the day.
The control room, where all activities takes place in the studio consist of equipment such as avoid console, control panel, character generator, preview monitor, telephone while the VTR room comprise of video tape player and recorders’ used for playing the recorded programmes.
It is in line of this that I have decided to embark upon an extensive research on the effect phone in programme in sensitizing the electorate.
1.1 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND
Osun State Broadcasting Corporation [OSBC] was established on 27th
August, 1991 following the creation of osun state from the old oyo state. As at date, the OSBC family parade four channels 2 each at Radio and television with distinct appeal and independent programming. OSBC channel 32 UHF is the focus of this project among others.
Initially, OSBC channel 32 UHF was operated separately under a managing director with sub- directors under him before it was merged together with other three channels and all under one Director General. Main while, each channel is having its Director of services.
In OSBC channel 32 UHF, there is director of television service who supervises all activities or staffs who worked under him these include, Director of news and current affairs, with his Deputy, editor, chief reporter the reporters. Also Director of prommers with his Deputy and other producers and production crew.
The fact that the four channels that made up of OSBC is being controlled by one body of Administration does not allow me to mention other department which are essential on television house settings. Department like administration, finance, engineering and marketing are all forming the management team.
The station have both A.m and P.m transmission as part of its strategies to win large audience, right from inception, the station had taken upon it self the order task of revolutionizing television in Nigeria in Nigeria which had been marked by divines and lack of entertainment and with its away of popularly watched foreign and programmes, no-morning Nigeria, Data loner, lets discuss, sports etc it has become the darling of viewers in osun and its environment.
In 2007, the station was awarded the national broadcasting commission station south west for its excellence.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Following the nation wick quest for timely information or sensitization, most especially when electron is about to take place in the country. The number of broadcasting station in Nigeria has increased and thereby led to
competition among the station. Hence, each proprietor or ownership has been working tirelessly to ensure that their stations becomes the choice of people.
This project work investigate into an important area of broadcasting which examine television as a major that interest everybody of its ability to match virtual and avoid, thereby authenticating the genuine message of an important seasonal programme in relation to the programmer that is design to educate the audient on election.
A phone-in-programme is a programme set up to elicit response from the target audience of that particular programme which may be this time around be to give a clear consent to what the electorate and the general public is to do on electron the use fullness and relevance of telephone or the introduction of phone- in- programme to modern broadcasting. How it has increased the study.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Does the mass media influence the people about choosing candidate during electron period?
2. How often do people listen to election information action programme through the media?
3. What is the public level of commitment to the mass media during election?
4. Is the programme- in- programme capable of performing the functions of educating and entertaining the entire public?
5. What is the effect of t he programme-in-programme on Nigeria youths?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this work include the following
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Human beings have always lived in communities because they are social animals that believe so muc...Continue Reading »
2. PRINT MEDIA COVERAGE OF RURAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT IN AKWA IBOM STATE: A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE PUNCH AND PIONEER NEWSPAPER» ABSTRACT The study was undertaken on print media coverage on rural development project in Akwa Ibom State was conceived by the author. The study which...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study set out to examine the role advertisement in educating the consumers with viewers of select commercials as a case study. For effect...Continue Reading »
4. THE USE OF STATE BROADCAST MEDIA AS PROPAGANDA MACHINERY BY STATE GOVERNMENT: A CASE STUDY ON AKBC» ABSTRACT In several quarters, there have been allegation making rounds, that state governments use their state Broadcast media as propaganda machinery...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Experts in the nation‘s media and marketing communication industries at a forum organized b...Continue Reading »
6. ASSESSMENT OF EFFECTIVENESS OF EDUCATIONAL RADIO BROADCASTING FOR ADULT LITERACY IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Education has been identified as one of the most important ways to achieve national development. With three million non literate adults in La...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF INFORMATION SOURCES ON KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE AND PRACTICE OF EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING AMONG NURSING MOTHERS IN MINNA, NIGER STATE» ABSTRACT Over time information concerning exclusive breastfeeding has been passed to nursing mothers. This suggests that several information sources s...Continue Reading »
8. COMMUNICATION AS A TOOL FOR ENHANCING ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE (A STUDY OF NIGERIAN BREWERIES PLC, 9TH MILE ENUGU)» Table of contentsTitle Page iApproval Page iiCertification iiiDedication ivAcknowledgments vTable of Contents viList of Tables ixAbstract xCHAPTER ONE...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research was carried out to ascertain Uyo resident's perception of the credibility of select online newspapers (PUNCH and Vanguard). The...Continue Reading »
10. RADIO LISTENERSHIP PATTERN AMONG MARKET WOMEN IN ILORIN METROPOLIS (A CASE STUDY OF GBAJI MARKET WOMEN, IBADAN AND OBADA WOMEN MARKET, IREE)» ABSTRACT This project has been written to help the reader or students especially students of mass communication to have a better understanding on the ...Continue Reading »