Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
The need to introduce the effect programmes in sensitizing the electorate as necessitude the writing of this project work. It has been observed that the most broadcasting stations are engaging in some extra curriculum activities such as introducing of interactive programmes that calls for an immediate response when election is take place. That is the sensitization of the electorate through phone in programme.
Osun state Broadcasting Corporation Channel 32 UHF [OSBC] is a state government owned broadcasting stations. It is a station that has the modern way of sensitizing the electorates without considering the factor of the government of the day.
The control room, where all activities takes place in the studio consist of equipment such as avoid console, control panel, character generator, preview monitor, telephone while the VTR room comprise of video tape player and recorders’ used for playing the recorded programmes.
It is in line of this that I have decided to embark upon an extensive research on the effect phone in programme in sensitizing the electorate.
1.1 HISTORICAL BACKGROUND
Osun State Broadcasting Corporation [OSBC] was established on 27th
August, 1991 following the creation of osun state from the old oyo state. As at date, the OSBC family parade four channels 2 each at Radio and television with distinct appeal and independent programming. OSBC channel 32 UHF is the focus of this project among others.
Initially, OSBC channel 32 UHF was operated separately under a managing director with sub- directors under him before it was merged together with other three channels and all under one Director General. Main while, each channel is having its Director of services.
In OSBC channel 32 UHF, there is director of television service who supervises all activities or staffs who worked under him these include, Director of news and current affairs, with his Deputy, editor, chief reporter the reporters. Also Director of prommers with his Deputy and other producers and production crew.
The fact that the four channels that made up of OSBC is being controlled by one body of Administration does not allow me to mention other department which are essential on television house settings. Department like administration, finance, engineering and marketing are all forming the management team.
The station have both A.m and P.m transmission as part of its strategies to win large audience, right from inception, the station had taken upon it self the order task of revolutionizing television in Nigeria in Nigeria which had been marked by divines and lack of entertainment and with its away of popularly watched foreign and programmes, no-morning Nigeria, Data loner, lets discuss, sports etc it has become the darling of viewers in osun and its environment.
In 2007, the station was awarded the national broadcasting commission station south west for its excellence.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Following the nation wick quest for timely information or sensitization, most especially when electron is about to take place in the country. The number of broadcasting station in Nigeria has increased and thereby led to
competition among the station. Hence, each proprietor or ownership has been working tirelessly to ensure that their stations becomes the choice of people.
This project work investigate into an important area of broadcasting which examine television as a major that interest everybody of its ability to match virtual and avoid, thereby authenticating the genuine message of an important seasonal programme in relation to the programmer that is design to educate the audient on election.
A phone-in-programme is a programme set up to elicit response from the target audience of that particular programme which may be this time around be to give a clear consent to what the electorate and the general public is to do on electron the use fullness and relevance of telephone or the introduction of phone- in- programme to modern broadcasting. How it has increased the study.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
1. Does the mass media influence the people about choosing candidate during electron period?
2. How often do people listen to election information action programme through the media?
3. What is the public level of commitment to the mass media during election?
4. Is the programme- in- programme capable of performing the functions of educating and entertaining the entire public?
5. What is the effect of t he programme-in-programme on Nigeria youths?
1.4 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this work include the following
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN ANALYSIS OF PUBLIC PERCEPTION OF THE USE OF CELEBRITIES IN BILLBOARD ADVERTISING IN SOUTHERN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Recent trends in advertising have revealed that marketers and advertising agencies prefer the use...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study examine the role and contributions of the modern information and communication technologies on radio broadcasting. Where splash FM...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research titled: Special Television Programmes And Movies As Instrument For Social Change In HIV/AIDS Campaign: A Case Study Of Kaduna M...Continue Reading »
4. THE ROLE OF ANTI-GRAFT AGENCIES IN ANTI- CORRUPTION CAMPAIGNS IN NIGERIA: (A CASE STUDY OF ECONOMIC AND FINANCIAL CRIME COMMISSION (EFCC)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 2 Before this country could be free from corruption, its deem fit to invite certain bodies like E...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study focused on journalists' perception of the credibility of citizen journalism on social media platforms. The population of the study...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF NEWS COMMENTARIES ON RADIO LISTENERS (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL RADIO CORPORATION OF NIGERIA ENUGU)» CHAPETR ONE INTRODUCTION The history of radio news commentary in Nigeria dated back to the 1930’s when what was known as radio receiver was just...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Nigeria is one of the countries, which is undergoing transition. This is because politically they...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Information is central to all forms of human activity no matter the field, be it medicine, ag...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The various literature studies intended to evaluate the role of radio in the national national development. In this study, the researcher dec...Continue Reading »
10. RADIO LISTENERSHIP PATTERN AMONG MARKET WOMEN IN ILORIN METROPOLIS (A CASE STUDY OF GBAJI MARKET WOMEN, IBADAN AND OBADA WOMEN MARKET, IREE)» ABSTRACT This project has been written to help the reader or students especially students of mass communication to have a better understanding on the ...Continue Reading »