Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the Study
The most important change that has taken place in the sport industry is the significant role the media is playing in the development of sports all over the world. Apart from the fact that the media has increased sports awareness and spectatorship among peoples of the world, it has also increased revenue generation which has enriched the various sports stakeholders. The media has been playing a catalyst role for the identification and the promotion of knowledge, information and understanding in a nation (Alimi, 2003). The mass media is regarded as the means of communication through which a large number of people could be reached. These include, newspapers, television, radio, films, handbills, posters, computer and internet (Hornby 1985).
The mass media [sharpens and re-orders] the perceptions of the readers and viewers in a particular event or happenings in the society and contributes to a reservoir of knowledge of the past and current events. Acosta (2002) pointed out that competitive sports would only survive and develop with the cooperation of the media. It is for this reason that sports must enjoy good relationship with the press, radio, and television. The relationship should be effective, continuous, personal and open.
Nigeria was created on May 27, 1967 when the restructuring of Nigeria into twelve states took place. Many media organizations have sprung up in Nigeria and because of the economic status of Nigeria and its status
as the former capital of Nigeria. The presence of many media organizations in Nigeria has confirmed her being acclaimed to be the seat of journalism in Nigeria. In essence then, it is the state where sports journalism thrives.
There is no doubt that Nigeria has witnessed tremendous development in the area of sports most especially when compared to other countries in Africa. Sports have permeated the Nigerian society through the efforts, activities and commitments of Nigerian sports journalists.
This study, therefore, was set to determine the perceived impact of print media as indices for sports development in Nigeria.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The following are the problems that lead to the study of this project;
1. What impact do the print media have on development of sport in Nigeria?
2. What is the evolution of sport journalism in Nigeria and how can it be traced to the Sun Newspaper?
3. What are the relationship between the mass media and sport organization in the country?
1.3 Purpose of the Study
The purpose of this project work is to examine the role of the Nigeria print media in the development of sport in the country.
The study will examine the problems faced by the print media in the country and will also look into the relationship of print media and the sport agencies in the country.
1.4 Research Questions
The study attempted to provide answers to the following questions:
1. To what extent do sport journalism create awareness for sport to the general public?
2. To what extent will the awareness of sport promote the development of sport in Nigeria?
3. To what extent do activities of sport journalist contribute to the development of sport in the country?
4. Of what role do the print media plays in the development of sport in Nigeria?
5. To what extent do people respond to sport section in Nigeria Newspaper?
1.5 Scope of the Study
The scope of this study covers, evolution of news reporting in the Nigeria using The Sun newspaper as a basis for the research.
However, the finding of the project work can be well applicable to all Newspaper and sport industry.
1.6 Significant of the Study
The importance of this study was to determine the perceived impact of Print media in sports development in Nigeria, using The Sun Newspaper as a Case Study.
It will enable the sport stakeholders to be well aware of the role that newspaper can play in develop
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN EVALUATION OF THE CORPORATE COMMUNICATION STRATEGIES OF THE FEDERAL ROAD SAFETY CORPS (FRSC) IN BUILDING ITS IMAGE IN ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT viii This study evaluates the corporate communication strategies of FRSC in building its image. The study was built on Frank Jefkin’s t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Although social networks, corporate websites, chat rooms, email customer response facilities and ...Continue Reading »
3. ROLE OF PUBLIC RELATIONS IN NON COMMERCIAL ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF GUIDANCE COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT FOUNDATION)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study For many non commercial organizations, public relations, whether to recruit volunteers, publicize...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of study Internet have changed the entire system of Journalism Practice in Nigeria. Both the print and broadca...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The focus of this work is on the impact of using celebrities in television advertisement. Thus to ascertain whether celebrities in adverts en...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF INTERNET ADVERTISING ON CONSUMERS' PURCHASE DECISION (A STUDY OF JUMIA ONLINE STORES IN LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Advertising has been in existence for many decades. It is one means of promotional mix which has ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Journalism is the collection, preparation and distribution of News and related commentary and fea...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS CHAPTER TITLE PAGE Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgments v Abstract vii Table of Contents viii...Continue Reading »
9. PATTERN OF LISTENERSHIP OF QUEST FM RADIO ENLIGHTENMENT PROGRAMMES ON RURAL WOMEN OF DELTA STATE,NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This project has been written to help the reader or students especially students of mass communication to have a better understanding on the ...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECTS OF ADVERTISING ON COMPANY’S PROFITABILITY [A CASE STUDY OF YINKA OBA FOAM AND PAINTS ILESHA]» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY It is mandatory to know the effects of advertising on company’s profitability and to introduce adve...Continue Reading »