Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 65 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Crime has become one of the greatest obstacles to the better realization of democratic governance and the much acclaimed millennium development goals (MDGs) in Nigeria.
The country is being bedeviled by all forms of crime, which range from simple acts of thefts, burglary and verbal assault to serious acts of robbery, economic and financial crime ethnic and religious disturbance “cultism and sexual harassment in institutions of learning youths restiveness and trafficking of human beings. All the segments of the population in Nigeria, including the elites and the youths, at one point or another commit these criminal acts. Both rural and urban cities have suffered from these undesirable activities the degree of the crime rate has gone far beyond the tolerance limit of the safety and has consequently attained disturbing dimensions to the extent that social economic and political activities are seriously attached, given this situation academic government and non-governmental organizations (NGOs) as well as the international community have sought an understanding of the various dimension of the phenomenon including its level manifestation causes and implications for all segment of the societies.
These efforts have been with the singular desire of devising appropriate strategies towards the effective management of the problems, however, this study has focused on the effect of communication on trafficking in human commodities.
In some selected states in Nigeria, its aim was to measure the problems of human trafficking in terms of the attributes of the rectums, the pattern of human flow, and the casual factors. The specific objectives were to discovers the socio-economic attributes of victims of human trafficking determines the pattern of flow establish the underlying factors, and make appropriate recommendation towards curbing human trafficking in Nigeria.
In 1995, as at the time of the belging conference the issue of human trafficking was not regarded as an issue of concern for Africans it was a problem considered as the Asian and Latin American people the unfolding events since the almost ten years that human trafficking is rife in the countries has been found to be source, transit and destination country for the crime of human trafficking.
In West African, the incident of human trafficking in women and children were dated as far back as the 1960s. However, the significant public recognition and focus on issue only come since the mid 70s. Although there are no exact figures and data on the number of trafficking victims, there are indicators to show that the trend is assuming an alarming rate in the sub-regions. One of such indicators is the growing population of women and children particularly children in the West African city centre and European countries as a result of urban migration and illegal trans-border migration with exploitative labor.
The challenges of searching for a sustainable solution to the menace of human trafficking and child labor led to the decisions by the Ekiti-State broadcasting services to commission this as part of their programmes.
Records show that over 400,000 children work in Benin and approximately 625,000 children from cote D’ ivoire are in labor. Most of the children are under the ages of 15 years. According to research carried out, it has found that a large percentage of these children in labor are trafficked victim. The violence are spelled out sanction against those who engage in slavery and laid down procedure for victims restitution. The daily champion of 12 July, 2002 reported than 80% of foreign prostitution in Italy were Nigerian women.
Nigerian was categorized in tier 2 of the trafficking in persons country list for 2001 compelled by the United State government and the transparency international. The tier lists states that do not meet minimum standards of combating human trafficking, but are making efforts to do so.
1.2 Statement of Research Problem
Human trafficking as one of the various forms of crime that have of recent become a disturbing trend to both the Nigeria government and various communities. The phenomenon of human trafficking is universal and has been practiced in forms in different parts of the worlds Okogie et al (2004) observes that the phenomenon is a multibillion dollar business because of the level of involvement of organized criminal gangs. It has also been adjudged the fastest growing category of organized crime and the third largest profit making business outside of drugs and arms deals.
One of the problem of human trafficking is loss of population/reduction, human trafficking causes loss of population because those involve does not know the risk of been into such act, and at the same time such risk may lead to loss of life.
People are also dehumanized because of the involvement in human trafficking, image of people are been ridiculed and tarnished just be cause of money.
Human trafficking regarded as a crime against making, because people who are been trafficked don’t even know their right. It also brings about loss of trust amongst people involved in such act.
The problem observed before choosing this topic is that human trafficking. Mostly children and women has become a global business that affected almost all countries and reaps enormous profits for traffickers and their criminal intermediaries.
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The aim of this study is to measure the magnitude, pattern and identify the causes of human trafficking in Nigeria, and also to know the impact of communication on this harmful behavior practices.
(1) To identify the causes of human trafficking
(2) To make recommendations on how to eliminate human trafficking in Nigeria
(3) To provide demographic information on victims and their experiences.
(4) To know the level of effectiveness that communication has brought about concerning human trafficking.
1.4 Research Question
(1) Are the victims of human trafficking aware of the risk associated with the act?
(2) Is poverty the major cause of human trafficking
(3) Do these campaign help to reduce the rate of human trafficking.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF COMMUNITY RELATIONS ON CONSUMERS’ PATRONAGE: A CASE STUDY OF DANGOTE CEMENT FACTORY, IBESE COMMUNITY’» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Community Relations is a branch of Public Relations that has emerged from what used to be ref...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 34 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
2. THE INFLUENCE OF WESTERN TELEVISION PROGRAMMES ON THE CULTURAL VALUES OF NIGERIA YOUTHS (A CASE STUDY OOF CARITAS STUDENTS, ENUGU).» ABSTRACT This study probes the impact which Tv has on the cultural values of the Nigeria youths. It specifically tackles the impact of western Tv prog...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 78 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The study is concerned primarily with the effect of news commercialization, either functionally or dys functionally in the running of the Akw...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 84 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The mass media have a prominent role it plays in the society. Mass media through its programmes s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 67 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Journalism is one social institution that requires freedom to effectively function in society. It...Continue Reading »
42 pages | 74 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» A first step has to be made in terms of the developments on the technological front and the ways in which these developments are making inroads into o...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 166 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
7. PROBLEM AND PROSPECT OF MEDIA MANAGEMENT IN NIGERIA. [A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE BROADCASTING CORPORATION, OSBC, OSOGBO]» ABSTRACT This research work is based on the importance of indigenous language in broadcast media. This project therefore clamoured for the development...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
8. A COMPARATIVE STUDY ON “THE IMPORTANCE OF PIDGIN ENGLISH IN BROADCASTING” (A CASE STUDY OF THE ESBS ENUGU )» CHAPTER ONE THE IMPORTANCE OF PIDGIN ENGLISH IN BROADCAST / PRINT 1.1 INTRODUCTION Pidgin English came into existence as a result of the coming of the...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 65 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» ABSTRACT The aim of the research work is to assess the role of the Media in anti corruption campaign; Corruption is perhaps one of the factors that ar...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 63 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION
» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND / INTRODUCTION TO THE STUDY The roles of Mass Media in our society cannot be over stressed; As rebranding programme of...Continue Reading »
18 pages | 372 hits | Source: MASS COMMUNICATION