Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Television is incorporated within the child‟s experience as it becomes part of the child‟s inner world.
In discussing about television and evolutional development of T.V, someone may wonder how television affects a child of ten to eighteen year. But it is apparent that the young child is dominated by this TV. Children learn to read pictures they understand. In the watching of television, all the children see in “reality” and events do not follow the social order of the story. It is by observation of social relationship and by minor reflections of self that the child is socialized. Dumped mostly prematurely into the twentieth century, it is hardly surprising that the child still relies on what he see as the deception of reality.
As we accept that television and advertising affects the children‟s linearity in thought starting with the onset prints, since the young child is exclusively concerned with here and now of the present which is sufficient by demanding of his intelligence.
Advertising through television presents awesome advantages, they always make sure that through television advertising, each person‟s idea, viewpoints and services are given equitable space to express veritable information about their products for the wellbeing of the society in general.
There are some advertisements of some products which are not good for the seeing of children. In this study we will be looking at one of the products:
Gold Circle “Condom” is manufactured in Nigeria for population services and packed in Nigeria by the society for family health. Thrown into the mix is the crackdown on condom advertisers by the Advertisement body charge with vetting and approving advertisement.
They are worried that advertising condoms could promote promiscuity. APCON had tightened the screw with new requirements that condom advertisement may not be aired on children‟s programme before 8pm on television or displayed on billboard.
HIV/AIDS activists argued that the measure is counterproductive to the success achieved in promoting the use of condoms insisting that a large number of young people are finding it difficult to abstain from sex. Advertisement of condom (Gold Circle) should not be aired on children‟s programmes as this would affect the mental development of children, the advertisement should be aired at about 10pm in the late light.
1.2 Statement Of the Problem.
The general purpose of advertising is to create awareness and educate consumers on the existing product‟s promotion in television and also new products.This pre-supposes that advertisement is effect because people see how the product is advertised on television. Most kids play into the world of television long before they enter school.NTA-Enugu is an existing and prominent television station in the East and applied the use of advertisement to sell out product and services.The question this study tends to resolve is how has advertising and advertisement impacted the mental development of children?
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of the study were:
1. To ascertain the influence of television advertisement on children.
2. To find out if children are guided when watching television.
3. To find out some anti-social behaviors children copy when exposed to television advertisements.
1.4 Research Questions
The study had the following research questions.
1. To what extent are children influenced by television advertisements?
2. To what extent are children guided when watching television?
3. What anti social behaviours do children copy when exposed to advertisements?
1.5 Research Hypotheses
The following research questions were relevant to this study.
H1: Television Advertisements influences the mental development of children negatively.
H2: The television rights of children are not protected on TV watching.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study looked at the effect of television Advertisement on the mental development of children in many ways; countries present how children learn from television advertisement. In a nation like Nigeria, efforts have to be put in place for effective growth and development. Therefore, this study is necessary in other to have a better understanding of this media of communication as television on how it influences, impacts and affects out behaviors mostly on children and also to eradicate the ignorance that is common with administrators.
1.7 Scope Of the Study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The past fifteen years or more, the world has played host to a lot of technological innovations o...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to examine the utilization of “Noma Tushen Arziki” PRTVC radio programme among farmers in Barkin Ladi ...Continue Reading »
3. EFFECT OF INTERNET ADVERTISING ON CONSUMERS' PURCHASE DECISION (A STUDY OF JUMIA ONLINE STORES IN LAGOS)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Advertising has been in existence for many decades. It is one means of promotional mix which has ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Children have become MUCH more interested in cartoons, over many years and it has become a primar...Continue Reading »
5. NEWSPAPER COVERAGE OF AGRICULTURAL NEWS FOR NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT: A CONTENT ANALYSIS OF DAILY TRUST, DAILY SUN, THE GUARDIAN AND VANGUARD NEWSPAPERS» ABSTRACT Agricultural news coverage. Agricultural input towards national development dropped to an abysmal level on account of oil boom and other prob...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY It is imperative to understand from the onset that the press has been subjected to a nexus of ret...Continue Reading »
» Chapter one INTRODUCTION Mass communication is defined as messages directed towards a large group of people using a mass medium. It involves dissemina...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTSTitle page iDeclaration iiCertification iiiDedication ivAcknowledgement vTable of contents viList of Tables viiiAbstract ixCHAPTER ON...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study attempts to educate the public on the “influence of AKBC TV public enlightenment programmes on residents of Uyo metropolis. ...Continue Reading »
10. ROLE OF THE TRADITIONAL TOWN CRIER IN MOBILIZING ADAZI-NNUKWU COMMUNITY IN ANAOCHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA FOR DEVELOPMENT» TABLE OF CONTENTSTitle Page iDeclaration iiCertification Page iiiDedication ivAcknowledgements vTable of Contents viList of Tables xAbstract xiCHAPTER...Continue Reading »