Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 58 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Television is incorporated within the child‟s experience as it becomes part of the child‟s inner world.
In discussing about television and evolutional development of T.V, someone may wonder how television affects a child of ten to eighteen year. But it is apparent that the young child is dominated by this TV. Children learn to read pictures they understand. In the watching of television, all the children see in “reality” and events do not follow the social order of the story. It is by observation of social relationship and by minor reflections of self that the child is socialized. Dumped mostly prematurely into the twentieth century, it is hardly surprising that the child still relies on what he see as the deception of reality.
As we accept that television and advertising affects the children‟s linearity in thought starting with the onset prints, since the young child is exclusively concerned with here and now of the present which is sufficient by demanding of his intelligence.
Advertising through television presents awesome advantages, they always make sure that through television advertising, each person‟s idea, viewpoints and services are given equitable space to express veritable information about their products for the wellbeing of the society in general.
There are some advertisements of some products which are not good for the seeing of children. In this study we will be looking at one of the products:
Gold Circle “Condom” is manufactured in Nigeria for population services and packed in Nigeria by the society for family health. Thrown into the mix is the crackdown on condom advertisers by the Advertisement body charge with vetting and approving advertisement.
They are worried that advertising condoms could promote promiscuity. APCON had tightened the screw with new requirements that condom advertisement may not be aired on children‟s programme before 8pm on television or displayed on billboard.
HIV/AIDS activists argued that the measure is counterproductive to the success achieved in promoting the use of condoms insisting that a large number of young people are finding it difficult to abstain from sex. Advertisement of condom (Gold Circle) should not be aired on children‟s programmes as this would affect the mental development of children, the advertisement should be aired at about 10pm in the late light.
1.2 Statement Of the Problem.
The general purpose of advertising is to create awareness and educate consumers on the existing product‟s promotion in television and also new products.This pre-supposes that advertisement is effect because people see how the product is advertised on television. Most kids play into the world of television long before they enter school.NTA-Enugu is an existing and prominent television station in the East and applied the use of advertisement to sell out product and services.The question this study tends to resolve is how has advertising and advertisement impacted the mental development of children?
1.3 Objectives of the Study
The objectives of the study were:
1. To ascertain the influence of television advertisement on children.
2. To find out if children are guided when watching television.
3. To find out some anti-social behaviors children copy when exposed to television advertisements.
1.4 Research Questions
The study had the following research questions.
1. To what extent are children influenced by television advertisements?
2. To what extent are children guided when watching television?
3. What anti social behaviours do children copy when exposed to advertisements?
1.5 Research Hypotheses
The following research questions were relevant to this study.
H1: Television Advertisements influences the mental development of children negatively.
H2: The television rights of children are not protected on TV watching.
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The study looked at the effect of television Advertisement on the mental development of children in many ways; countries present how children learn from television advertisement. In a nation like Nigeria, efforts have to be put in place for effective growth and development. Therefore, this study is necessary in other to have a better understanding of this media of communication as television on how it influences, impacts and affects out behaviors mostly on children and also to eradicate the ignorance that is common with administrators.
1.7 Scope Of the Study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Smart phones are digital wireless phones that can send and receive voice, data and video as well as storing information a...Continue Reading »
2. THE IMPLICATION OF NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMMISSION RULES AND REGULATIONS ON BROADCAST MEDIA (A CASE STUDY OF AFRICA INDEPENDENT TELEVISION (AIT) ...» ABSTRACT This project is mainly focused on the Implications of National Broadcasting Commission Rules and Regulations on Broadcast Media: A case study...Continue Reading »
3. BROADCAST MEDIA AND FIGHT AGAINST CORRUPTION IN NIGERIA. (A CASE STUDY OF NTA AND RAYPOWER FM ABUJA).» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The Media represent an essential and integral part of democratic process in any political communi...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECTIVENESS OF PROMOTIONAL MIX ELEMENTS ON PROFITABILITY IN THE TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRY (A Study of Globacom Nigeria Limited, Asaba)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Very often, individuals and organizations conceive promotion, narrowly as involving the proce...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Communication is a variety of behaviours, processes and technologies by which meaning is transmit...Continue Reading »
6. A COMPARATIVE ASSESSMENT OF AKBC AND PLANET RADIO STATIONS OPERATIONS DURING THE 2015 GENERAL ELECTIONS IN AKWA IBOM STATE.» CHAPTER ONE BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.1 Introduction Radio as a medium of mass communication has acceptance across the difference social strata in the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 Background of the Study As a profession that serves the interest of the public, journalists have vast responsibilities ev...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Of the five human senses, sight undoubtedly has the most powerful effect on consumer percepti...Continue Reading »
9. INVENTORY CONTROL AND PROFITABILITY OF SMALL SCALE BUSINESS (A SURVEY OF MICRO, SMALL AND MEDIUM ENTERPRISE IN AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT Most members of the society strongly holds that the western system of education is the only means of educating their children/wards, thus any...Continue Reading »
10. INFLUENCE OF BIG BROTHER AFRICA TELEVISION REALITY SHOW ON YOUTHS: A STUDY OF AFE BABALOLA UNIVERSITY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1Background of Study Since the beginning of the 21st century, reality TV has begun to monopolize both cable and broadcast p...Continue Reading »