Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 80 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The conventional wisdom among Third World planners today is that the mass media should integrate with the indigenous modes of communication in promoting development. This wisdom has become intuitively logical because the traditional forms of communication are innate to Third World societies and, therefore, better suited for the dissemination of culture-centred development information to people at the grassroots. However, while the intrinsic nature of the indigenous forms of communication endows them with "a high degree of credibility and acceptance by the people" (Ranganath, 1977; Adhikarya, 1974), the attitude of Third World peoples toward the modern mass media are not yet clear.
This study explores Nigerians Attitude toward the role of mass media (i.e. radio, television and newspapers) in enthronement of democracy in Nigeria. Specifically, the study addresses some questions, these questions are necessary to discern what value people at the grassroots place on the mass media in Nigeria. Such knowledge will be crucial to the efforts by development support communicators to receive maximum influence from communication resources at the project level of development planning.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The problem that leads to the study of Nigerians Attitude toward the role of Mass media in the enthronement of Democracy since 1999 can be perceived from the rapid change in the constitution and laws that guide the activities of the media in the country. In the view of some individual, mass media as not been able to meet up with there role of upholding democracy in the country. However this is not so in the view of others, many people believe that the mass media as not be empower to carry out their function of gate keeping in the Nigeria economy.
This study will emphasis the attitude of people towards the activity of mass media in protecting and upholding democracy.
1.3 Objective of the Study
This research work seeks to examine the attitude of Nigerian to the role of mass media in enthronement of democracy since 1999.
This paper examines the role the media have played and continue to play in the socio-political and socio-economic reengineering of structures in a country faced with enormous problems which militate against its optimal performance as an emergent democracy. This study will seek to know the impact of mass media on enthronement of democracy and analysis the attitude of Nigerian to the this role of mass media
1.4. Research Questions
Does mass media play any role in a democratic setting?
(ii)To what extent has mass media promoted democracy in Nigeria?
To what extent do Nigeria value the role of mass media in the democratic setting?
Does mass media contribute to the political development of Nigeria?
1.5 Significance to the Study
This study help us to access the power of mass media in influencing and bringing about attitudinal changes in people, especially to win support a candidate during election and to promote the enthronement of democracy in the country. It will also help political analyst and campaign managers to know the beset type of media to reach out to people during election as they fashion their campaign programmes to get maximum support and acceptance.
1.6 Scope of the Study
The scope of this study is limited to the Nigeria Mass media. This study focuses on the role of mass media in the Nigeria Democracy since 1999. The concepts defined in this project work are mainly related to the Nigeria media. However the concepts may be well applicable to the media of other African country and the world at large.
1.7 Limitation of the Study
The following are the limitation that hinders the study of this research work;
Financial Constraint: There are not enough funds to fuel the study of this research work. The researcher has access to a very little source of fund.
Time Constraints: Due to the limited time available to carry out this research work, it is not possible to carry out the research extensively as anticipated by the researcher.
1.8. Definition of terms
1. ROLE: Role according to Oxford Advanced Learner’s Dictionary (6 edition) is the degree to which somebody or something involved in a situation or an activity and the effect that they have on it.
2. MASS MEDIA: Defleui and Denhis (1981) defined mass media as the devices for moving messages across distance or time 10 accomplish mass communication. ACCEPTABILITY: Agreed or approved of by most people in a society
CANDIDATE: A nominee or aspirants for any position or honour.
ELECTION: Is a process of selecting one person or more for an office, : public or private, from a wider field of candidates
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MASS COMMUNICATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This project attempts to critically examine the influence of “Igbo Rituals as Filmic Themes in Nollywood Movies”. In order to achieve thi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Pornographic materials are the representation of erotic behaviors in books, pictures, statues, motion pictures etc. that is intended to cause...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS CHAPTER TITLE PAGE Title page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgments v Abstract vii Table of Contents viii...Continue Reading »
» The impact of radio and television campaign on cultism in Nigerian cannot be undermined. Instead, it has gotten enough recognition in our society and ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Communication by definition is a two way process. It is an international experience between a com...Continue Reading »
6. CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF NATIONAL BROADCASTING COMMISSION (NBC) IN CONTROLLING THE PERFORMANCE OF BROADCAST INDUSTRY IN NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The human society we live in is that of law and ethics, control and regulations. In essence there...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF SECOND CHANCE (A FOREIGN TELEVISION PROGRAMME ON THE SOCIAL BEHAVIOUR OF NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY STUDENTS (AWKA)» HAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 Background of the studyTechnological advancement in communication technologies has continued to eulogize television as a pow...Continue Reading »
8. USE OF THE INTERNET FOR POLITICAL COMMUNICATION IN ABUJA MUNICIPAL AREA AND SHENDAM LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA: CASE OF NIGERIA 2011 GENERAL ELECTIONS» ABSTRACT The study is on use of the internet for political communication in Abuja municipal area of Abuja federal capital territory and Shendam local ...Continue Reading »
» (A CASE STUDY OF OSUN STATE BROADCASTING SERVICE) ABSTRACT The various literature studies intended to the mass media role in the national development ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study is to examine the influence of newspaper structure and direction on the coverage of the Niger Delta Crises by newsp...Continue Reading »