Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Product management embraces the task of adjusting the product throughout its life to match the ever-changing demands of the market place. Too many organizations make the mistake of thinking that consumers fed and act as they do ad share their wants.
The job of managing a product. then is one of constantly monitoring the market and adjusting the products to meet the markets needs and wants. The better the product matches the needs of its market, the more successful it is likely to be.
Today, as product and service become more, and more commoditized many organization are moving to new level in creating value for their customer. To differentiate their offers, they are developing and delivering total customer, experience, whereas product are tangible and service are intangible, experience are memorable, whereas product and service are memorable when as product and service are external, experience are personal and take place in the minds of individual consumer. Organization that — market experience realize that customer are really buying much more than just product and service.
For a product to successful gain acceptance in the market environment a well organized product development and management must be there product management is the process of tilling the proposed product to the requirement and opportunities of the market (Rewold etal 1977) product management, involves the process of anticipating the needs of the market place initiating action towards the identification and production of product and service which will best satisfy the needs and wand of the trapped market environment. Product management is internal factor in an organization. A product once. it is commercialized face the problem of management. The firm is not alone in the industry and its competitor will want to enter the market, if the product proves successful. It therefore, follows that the firm must manage it product right from the introduction state till the maturate or even declining stage (Buzzell 1966)
Product management is however, characterized by danger and unchains. The danger may be in washing financial and human resource with achieve success protection and market acceptance the uncertainties arise as to whether the product will service, face much competition or die on the introduct Anyanwu (1993).
Managing the product variable embraces planning and or service to be marketed by the company. The product mix element constitute the most important it is thus produce that every producer tries to conceptualize in the form most desired by the consumer in order to satisfy his needs for proper management of product. the organization must consider all the internal factors of the organization (Dick Barry 1981). This is because this factors will determine the success of the product in the marketing environment.
In product management process, the product life cycle provide useful information on how to apply the principles of marketing and management in organizing and in carrying out those activities that will successfully market the product. If a firms fact to manage its products. it plan, to fail in launching its, product. There are reasons why product fails in the marketing environment
They are as follows
- Lack of distinctive advantage in product performance and price
- Over estimation of the target market which may result in low demand
- Inability to utilize company strength to capture profitable opportunities
- Unpredictable change in consumer preference for goods and service
- Product which facilitate competitive entry into the market by competitor,.
- Lack of support from the marketing intermediaries
In order to avoid the above mentioned area, the firm must consider and evaluate the product satisfaction and acceptance in such a way that favours the consumer and the organization in general. (Anyanwu 1993) in managing a product especially in marketing Bank service, the function varies from organization objective to the other. But the basic functions in managing a product are the same with the principle function of management as it is stated in the management field. But the different is that product management are guided toward developing are organizing a successful product that will gain acceptance in the marketing environment the following are the basic function of product management.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT Entrepreneurial Marketing (EM) practices have been identified as one of the important key ingredients for superior performance and global com...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL OVERVIEW 1.1 INTRODUCTION Development, with respect to countries can be examined from various perspectives, depending on the count...Continue Reading »
3. REDUCING POVERTY THROUGH INFO-ACTION: STUDY OF NATIONAL POVERTY ERADICATION PROGRAMME AND ENUGU STATE MINISTRY OF HUMAN DEVELOPMENT AND POVERTY REDUC...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The worrisome level of poverty and understanding how to reduce or eradicate the scourge of povert...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT As customers are the backbone of any business, firms without customers would not be able to sustain their performance. This is because such f...Continue Reading »
5. CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF TAX EVASION AND AVOIDANCE ON THE ECONOMY (A CASE STUDY OF BOARD OF INTERNAL REVENUE IN ABIA STATE)» ABSTRACT This study was on the causes and effect of Tax Evasion and Avoidance on the economy (Board of Internal Revenue in Abia State). The major obje...Continue Reading »
6. APPLICATION OF MARKETING CONCEPT IN COMMERCIAL BANKING AND IT EFFECTIVENESS IN CONSUMER SATISFACTION (A CASE STUDY OF GT BANK PLC)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Marketing concept is a customer oriented philosophy which states that customer’s satisfaction is the economic and s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY New product development process allows firms to deal with progressively intensive competition whe...Continue Reading »
8. CORPORATE ADVERTISING AS AN EFFECTING PROMOTIONAL TOOL IN THE MARKETING OF BANKING SERVICES (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED COMMERCIAL BANK IN DELTA STATE)» ...Continue Reading »
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY PRACTICES OF SELECTED INDIGENOUS MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN ENUGU STATE, NIGERIA.» INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study and History of Selected Companies Today, increasing numbers of companies are beginning to appreciate the risi...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Packaging can be described as a coordinated system of preparing goods for transport, warehousing information and sell. It is fully integrated...Continue Reading »