Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The aim of this study is to determine the impact of road transport network on the marketing of agricultural produce in uyo local government area of akwa ibom state to identify other factors directly or indirectly to the marketing of agricultural produce in the zone.
The empirical aspect of this research was carried out using the survey method and questionnaire to obtain information from respondents in the 10 major towns, all drawn from uyo.the high nature of response was made possible because of the constant visit of the researcher to the respondents. Tables, percentages pie charts and chi-square distribution were used as tools for presenting and analyzing the data collected.
The result of this study indicated that the nature of road network system in uyo adversely affects the marketing of agricultural produce. It was found that the inaccessibility of farmer to produce.
The researcher who discovered that the prices of agricultural produce rise and fall as a result of transportation costs. Bassed on the research findings the researcher made the following recommendations.
1. That government should put effort in improving the nature of road network in the states since it was observed that inaccessibility reduces the incentives to produce.
2. In planning for agriculture in a particular area, it becomes absolutely necessary that rural feeder roads are to be constructed to link such areas.
3. Food collection centres should be established in various rural areas, since transportation cost tends to increase the price of agricultural produce.
4. The provisions of farm equipment should be made available to the farmers and adequate storage facility should be well assessed to check against wastage and spoilage.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The quest to achieve self-sufficient food production is one of the highest priority facing most of the world today. Nigeria in particular. This is also a problem that threatens to be worsening all year round.
Food in Nigeria is critically depended on transportation distribution, it then become obvious that wide variety of Nigerian food would not be available without the complex transportation network system, which serves as stem food industry. Farm produce therefore depend upon transportation facilities.
Based on the above reason, the impact as well as the importance of road transport system should not be over emphasized, especially as regards to agricultural produce.
Problems relating to rural inaccessibility have contained to brother the world and in particular Nigeria Agriculture. It is on this note that government and transport policy makers should intensify efforts to improve the transportation system especially in road network which is the main and the most popular mode of transportation in this country. Their collective and/or individual efforts should be directed towards fighting against hunger as well as in providing necessary transportation facilities and services and contribute to the instrument decision in related areas that can help to assume the supply of addition of food and its distribution to customers.
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM
In the beginning agriculture and transportation are moving hand in hand. This produce must be reasonably available and when produced must be distributed to ports and factories. Also that adequate transportation and efficient courier services operation are necessary condition the affecting and efficient transportation network and a cornerstone of modern marketing system. Transportation thus serves as a means of moving goods, ideas and information geared towards increased productivity.
In Nigeria, road constitute the most important infrastructure and territory of sharp contrast in climate solid and vegetation which hinders agricultural progress. In some areas, most of the road which are essential for the evacuation of produce from the farmer to the market place are often inaccessible all year round.
Most of these feeder roads are unsurfaced, narrow, poorly drained and winding, they prevent easy access to the hinter land where the majority of the farmers are located. Even when such roads are in a fair condition there is a problem of poor maintenance, lack of adequate execution capacity, lack of suitable materials and management problems. All this factors attributed to the low agricultural produce in Igbo-Etiti.
If agriculture will respond to the growing demand of the rural populace then it will be necessary to include a good rural structure with road network to reduce the cost of flow of agricultural commodities, information and all sorts for rural services to enable it contribute meaningfully to the general economic growth.
This will help to accommodate the increase traffic flow of input and output moving from rural areas to urban centers, which will involve extra addition of maintaining rural road network.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
(a) To identify those factors that all directly and indirectly related to the marketing of agricultural produce and to what extent they have contributed to the use and fall of agricultural produce.
(b) To determine the extent which road transport system has affected the marketing of agricultural produce in uyo local government area.
(c) To offer useful recommendation with a view to making the marketing of agricultural produce in uyo more successful and effective.
(d) To determine the effect of road network in the marketing of agricultural producse in uyo.
(e) To determine the primitive use of farm tools to produce staple crops in large quantities that can be transported to other parts of the local government area.
1.4 STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
Based on the stated objectives, this study will seek to base the impact of transportation on the marketing of agricultural produce with the following marketing mix variables which includes product, price, place (distribution) promotion.
4.0 The high cost of transportation affects the prices of agricultural produce.
4.1 The high cost of transportation does not affect the price of agricultural produce in uyo.
4.0 The perishable nature of agricultural produce affect the marketing of agricultural produce in uyo local government area.
4.1 The perishable nature of agriculture produce does not affect the marketing of agricultural produce in uyo local government.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Increased interest in this study is due partly to the gainful and developmental input which agriculture can make to the economy and most importantly to the tremendous impact of transportation infrastructure on regional economics. This is because transport and development as well as agriculture are usually regarded as closely related since each of them influences the fortunes or the rate of growths of the other.
The significance of this study is further highlighted. Considering that in Nigeria, road is the only mode of transport by which all the states of the federation are linked especially with regard to the movement and distribution of agricultural produce from various rural areas of production to the different urban areas of the state for consumption.
Finally, the study shall also serve as a stimulant or reference guide for further research in this area especially in the era of population explosion and impending food storage.
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
In akwa ibom state most of the agricultural produce like (yam, rice, garri, cassava, tomatoes, pepper) and so on are produced in the villages located in remote towns. Because of differences in ecological factors such as climate, soil texture, topography and so on. Some villages produce more or several types of agricultural produce than other. Taking cognizance of the fact the study covers uyo.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
Product problem – production problem confronting the agricultural produce particularly in uyo has various structures such as technical socio-economic and organizational differences.
(a) Technical problem – comprises of the following
(i) Inadequate quantity and quality of farm input and farming implements.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A SURVEY OF THE APPLICABILITY OF THE MARKETING CONCEPT TO THE ACTIVITIES OF THE MARKET GARDEN, ENUGU» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Marketing concept, according to Ngwuma (2006:18) is a customer oriented business approach. It art...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF CELEBRITY ENDORSEMENT ON CONSUMER BEHAVIOR AND SALES VOLUME OF AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF PAMPERS)» Abstract The use of celebrities has been adopted by various organizations in advertising products and services. Celebrity endorsements are now common ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The growth of competition, the raising of customers’ expectations and the similarity of bas...Continue Reading »
4. ENHANCING ENTREPRENEURIAL SKILL THROUGH APPRENTICESHIP EDUCATION: A STUDY OF SELECTED APPRENTICES AT THE MECHANIC VILLAGE, ABAKALIKI» ABSTRACT This work assessed the enhancement of entrepreneurial skill through Apprenticeship education in Ebonyi State (A Study of Mechanic Village, Ab...Continue Reading »
5. FACTORS INFLUENCING CONSUMER PURCHASE BEHAVIOUR IN TELECOMMUNICATION INDUSTRY ( A STUDY OF MOBITEL LIMITED)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Nigeria has emerged as the fastest growing telecommunication market on the African continent. The telecoms industry has e...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project investigates “The Impacts of Pricing in Marketing of Coke Drinks in Enugu State” Every individual is interested in the price...Continue Reading »
7. COMPARATIVE EVALUATION OF CUSTOMER SERVICES IN PRIVATE AND PUBLIC BROADCASTING ORGANIZATION: A STUDY OF NTA AND AIT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The main motive of every business organization, whether manufacturing or service industry, is to ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL OVERVIEW 1.1 INTRODUCTION Development, with respect to countries can be examined from various perspectives, depending on the count...Continue Reading »
9. IMPACT ON PATRONAGE FOR ACCOMMODATION PRODUCTS AND SERVICE, AND ATTRACTING GUESTS AND MAKING THEM A LOYAL GUEST OR CLIENT» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The hospitality industry like any other industry has been affected by so many sensitive and uncontr...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study aimed at giving insight to the influence of television commercial on family buying habit of peak milk in Uyo Urban metropolis. The...Continue Reading »