Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project is focused on the “Evaluation of marketing strategies of mobile phones in MTN Nigeria, Kaduna branch. The main objective is to identify the strategy pursued by the company in respect to product, price promotion and placement. The methodology of the research was gotten through the questionnaire issued. Findings was made and recommendation were forwarded.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Telecommunication industry in Nigeria from inception has been the absolute monopoly of the federal government. At the initial stage of its development, it was meant to provide effective means of communication for the colonial administration. However after independence it became so obvious that telecommunication services be developed just after the colonial masters and the foreign trading companies thereafter however, it stated to be viewed as a social service necessary to augment government development effort by providing faster and efficient means of communication to areas faraway from the centre of administration, commerce and industry.
Nowadays, communication does not only enhance mutual understanding and social integration of disperse communities but also foster harmonious relationship which contributed immensely to the overall socio-economic, political as well as cultural development of human society. MTN industry in Nig
eria is currently undergoing transformation due to the deregulation of policy that has been implemented since the advert of Obasanjo administration. At the moment, there are numerous telephone service providers in Nigeria that are competitor with “NITEL” this consists of MTN Nigeria, Zain (celtel) wireless, Globacom, Reltel, Visafone, Etisalat etc. they provide effective mobile phone service for local and international calls. MTN has bean regarded as the most known network in the market today after consulting some consumers of other network.
Consequently this new trend give rise to service commitment of huge financial resources into the marketing activities of service provider generated in Nigeria. A good marketing programme will enable the company to achieve its operating objective faster.
In this study the researcher makes an attempt to evaluate the marketing strategies in the company’s marketing activities in the area covered by this study.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The marketing strategies being used by (MTN Nigeria) is been challenged by myriads of problems which includes poor network services, drop calls, loading of vouchers and checking of balance problems in the billing system, resulting to the increase in customer complaints, challenges posed by competitors and the general down turn in the economy.
Consequently, evaluating the marketing strategies of (MTN Nigeria) in which information was sourced from the (marketing manager) of MTN Nigeria (David Ibgun), it is denoted that MTN has their problems just as other networks have their problems, so far they have been trying
to see how possible it is to eradicate this problems, but being that communication is a large business to run it might be very difficult to eradicate but rather they can minimize this problems.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
a. To identify the strategy pursued by the company in respect to product, price, promotion, and placement.
b. To determine whether the marketing strategies are effective in the face of high competition.
c. To outline the problems/challenges encountered in the marketing of their services.
d. To provide solution to problems identified by this study.
1.4 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The finding of this study will provide an insight in handling challenges and opportunities that exist in MTN Nigeria and how to build and initiate effective and efficient programme needed to turn around the business already in existence to a greater height
In addition, the study will serve as reference material for those who may have the need for information on the marketing activities of Telecommunication, its challenge and effectiveness of its business administration programme.
1.5 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
a. What are the strategies faced by the company in respect to product, price, promotion and placement?
b. Are your marketing strategies effective in the facing of high competitors?
c. What are the problems and challenges encountered in the marketing of your service?
d. What are the possible solution to the problem identified?
1.6 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this study centers on the evaluation of the marketing strategies of MTN Nigeria services with special reference to Kaduna metropolis. Thus this study examines the marketing strategies and the effectiveness coping with current challenges posed by their competitors and either invading threats.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Time Constraint: The time required for this research work was inadequate as the research had to consume writing the research with other academic tasks. As well meeting the deadline for the submission of the project work.
Uncooperative Attitude of Respondents: The behaviour of some respondents can be described as hostile and unfriendly. Some of them were not willing to give vital information needed for the study as they termed these information as confidential.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR MARKETING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The growth of the use of the Internet, and in particular the World Wide Web, over the last 10 yea...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The In every developing and developed economy, the capital market has been identified as an insti...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF PHYSICAL DISTRIBUTION CHANNELS IN MARKETING OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE: A CASE STUDY OF PERISHABLE AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE IN BOKI L.G.A» ABSTRACT Physical distribution channels has created a created a great impact by bridging the gap between the producers and the final consumers. The in...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Marketing has over the years advanced from various concepts and philosophies, which include the p...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECTS OF MARKETING ACTIVITIES AND FAITH BASED ORGANIZATIONS USE SPEARMAN RANKING ORDER CORRELATION» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study Marketing is an integral part of any organization. This would help increase customer base and make...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The growth of competition, the raising of customers’ expectations and the similarity of bas...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTS OF MOTIVATION ON SALESFORCE PERFORMANCE IN GUINNESS NIGERIA PLC AND MOBILE TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK IN SOUTH-EAST, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background Of The Study To compete in today’s global markets, organizations strive to deliver their products (physi...Continue Reading »
8. NEW PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT AND MANAGEMENT AS SURVIVAL STRATEGIES FOR AN ORGANIZATION (A CASE STUDY OF 7UP, LAGOS IDDO PLANT)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study In competitive market, the best and strongest firms sustain growth and maintain profitability ove...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF MARKETING RESEARCH IN ENHANCING CUSTOMER SERVICE LEVEL IN THE POWER INDUSTRY (A CASE STUDY OF STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY OF NIGERIA,...» ABSTRACT Marketing research in now giving position in the solving or organisation problems, both private and public owned organisations. The importanc...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Marketing in Nigeria can be traced to the 1930s. then, the European companies such as United Afri...Continue Reading »