Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 167 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦20,000
The introduction of new technologies has had a significant influence on teaching, learning and research activities in universities. This has offered university libraries opportunities to provide information resources in a variety of formats. Studies have indicated that e-resources are underutilized in university libraries despite their immense benefits to users. This study investigated the influence of information literacy skills and computer self-efficacy on postgraduate students’ use of e-resources in private university libraries in Nigeria.
The study adopted the survey research design. The study population comprised 2,805postgraduate students in five private universities offering postgraduate programmes in South-West, Nigeria. Multistage sampling technique was used in the selection process. A purposive selection off our faculties/schools from each of the five universities was carried out. Proportionate sampling technique was used to select the sample size of 550 postgraduate students as the respondents for the study. A validated questionnaire was the instrument for data collection. The Cronbach’s alpha values for the constructs ranged from 0.80 to 0.94. The response rate was 88%. Data were analyzed using Pearson Product Moment Correlation and multiple regression.
Findings revealed that there was a significant positive correlation between information literacy skills and the use of e-resources (r = 0.28, p<0.05). Computer self-efficacy was also found to have a positive correlation with the use of e-resources (r = 0.26, p<0.05). There was a significant joint influence of information literacy skills and computer self-efficacy on the use of e-resources(F(2 : 492) = 22.13; R = .29, R2 = 0.09, Adj. R2 = 0.08; P < .05).
The study concluded that the utilization of e-resources promoted access to current information among postgraduate students in the selected private universities in South-West, Nigeria. The study recommended that the management of private university libraries should ensure a continuous provision of e-resources with adequate information communication technology tools to facilitate their use. The study also recommended that the management of private university libraries should promote the teaching of information literacy skills and computer self-efficacy to postgraduate students in private universities to improve the use of e-resources as well as improve the quality of their academic work.
Keywords: Information literacy, Computer self-efficacy, E-resources use, ICT skills,
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AWARENESS, USE AND USERS’ SATISFACTION WITH LIBRARY E-RESOURCES BY UNDERGRADUATES OF NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, LAGOS STUDY CENTRE» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to ascertain awareness, use and users’ satisfaction of library electronic resources by undergraduates of Nat...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research work carried out was Job satisfaction among academic librarians in academic libraries in Niger State. The general objective of t...Continue Reading »
3. AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) FACILITIES IN COLLEGES OF EDUCATION LIBRARIES IN KANO STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study was designed to determine the availability and utilization of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities in College...Continue Reading »
4. EXTENT OF LIBRARY UTILIZATION BY STUDENTS OF VETERINARY MEDICINE IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES IN THE SOUTH-EAST NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study investigated the extent of library utilization by students of veterinary medicine in two federal universities in south east geopol...Continue Reading »
5. UTILIZATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES (ICTs) BY STUDENTS IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN NORTH- CENTRAL ZONE OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This research work was intended to investigate the utilization of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) by students in the five f...Continue Reading »
6. INFORMATION NEEDS AND INFORMATION SEEKING BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES (The Case Study Of Imo State Library Board, Owerri)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION The researcher would want to begin this work with a survey of the importance of information in dail...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The history of university library development in Nigeria dates back to pre independence time when the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study is on consultancy services in first generation federal university libraries in Nigeria. The study was carried out with these purpos...Continue Reading »
9. INFORMATION NEEDS AND RESOURCE UTILIZATION BY PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS: A CASE STUDY OF ESUT TEACHING HOSPITAL PARKLANE ENUGU» ABSTRACT This project aims at looking at information Dissemination on Agriculture in Nigeria, this is a particular reference to ADP Awka agricultural ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study aims at finding the information retrieval system is basically a system that stores records in a file for data relevant to each req...Continue Reading »