Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 167 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦20,000
The introduction of new technologies has had a significant influence on teaching, learning and research activities in universities. This has offered university libraries opportunities to provide information resources in a variety of formats. Studies have indicated that e-resources are underutilized in university libraries despite their immense benefits to users. This study investigated the influence of information literacy skills and computer self-efficacy on postgraduate students’ use of e-resources in private university libraries in Nigeria.
The study adopted the survey research design. The study population comprised 2,805postgraduate students in five private universities offering postgraduate programmes in South-West, Nigeria. Multistage sampling technique was used in the selection process. A purposive selection off our faculties/schools from each of the five universities was carried out. Proportionate sampling technique was used to select the sample size of 550 postgraduate students as the respondents for the study. A validated questionnaire was the instrument for data collection. The Cronbach’s alpha values for the constructs ranged from 0.80 to 0.94. The response rate was 88%. Data were analyzed using Pearson Product Moment Correlation and multiple regression.
Findings revealed that there was a significant positive correlation between information literacy skills and the use of e-resources (r = 0.28, p<0.05). Computer self-efficacy was also found to have a positive correlation with the use of e-resources (r = 0.26, p<0.05). There was a significant joint influence of information literacy skills and computer self-efficacy on the use of e-resources(F(2 : 492) = 22.13; R = .29, R2 = 0.09, Adj. R2 = 0.08; P < .05).
The study concluded that the utilization of e-resources promoted access to current information among postgraduate students in the selected private universities in South-West, Nigeria. The study recommended that the management of private university libraries should ensure a continuous provision of e-resources with adequate information communication technology tools to facilitate their use. The study also recommended that the management of private university libraries should promote the teaching of information literacy skills and computer self-efficacy to postgraduate students in private universities to improve the use of e-resources as well as improve the quality of their academic work.
Keywords: Information literacy, Computer self-efficacy, E-resources use, ICT skills,
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The research work carried out was Job satisfaction among academic librarians in academic libraries in Niger State. The general objective of t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study empirically investigates the impact of state agencies and industry regulations on the quality of accounting practice in Nigeria. A...Continue Reading »
3. INFORMATION NEEDS AND RESOURCE UTILIZATION BY PEOPLE LIVING WITH HIV/AIDS: A CASE STUDY OF ESUT TEACHING HOSPITAL PARKLANE ENUGU» ABSTRACT This project aims at looking at information Dissemination on Agriculture in Nigeria, this is a particular reference to ADP Awka agricultural ...Continue Reading »
4. UTILIZATION OF DSPACE OPEN SOURCE INSTITUTIONAL REPOSITORY SOFTWARE IN UNIVERSITY OF JOS, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study was on the utilization of DSpace open source institutional repository software in University of Jos, Nigeria. It was a survey resea...Continue Reading »
5. ACCESSIBILITY AND UTILIZATION OF REFERENCE RESOURCES AND SERVICES BY STUDENTS IN COLLEGES OF EDUCATION IN ANAMBRA AND ENUGU STATES OF NIGERIA» Abstract This study investigated accessibility and utilization of reference and information resources and services by students in four Colleges of Edu...Continue Reading »
6. DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION OF CIRCULATION SOFTWARE PACKAGE FOR LIBRARIES IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES OF NORTH CENTRAL, NIGERIA» Abstract The aim of this study was to investigate the development and validation of circulation software package for university libraries in Federal U...Continue Reading »
7. UTILIZATION OF LIBRARY-BASED WEBSITES FOR RESEARCH BY LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS IN SELECTED FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-...» ABSTRACT This study examined the utilization of library based websites for research by library and information science postgraduate students in select...Continue Reading »
8. LEADERSHIP STYLE, ORGANISATIONAL CULTURE AND STAFF MOTIVATION AS CORRELATES OF JOB SATISFACTION AND TURNOVER INTENTION IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES...» ABSTRACT Human capital is a key success factor in any organisation. Dissatisfied and unhappy staff may not perform maximally, and this could affect an...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
10. LEADERSHIP STYLE, EMOTIONAL INTELLIGENCE, EMPOWERMENT AND TURNOVER INTENTIONS OF LIBRARIANS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN SOUTH-WEST AND SOUTH-SOUTH, N...» ABSTRACT Digital revolution has brought about employee mobility resulting in increased turnover intentions which is now regarded as a global challenge...Continue Reading »