Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 167 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦20,000
The introduction of new technologies has had a significant influence on teaching, learning and research activities in universities. This has offered university libraries opportunities to provide information resources in a variety of formats. Studies have indicated that e-resources are underutilized in university libraries despite their immense benefits to users. This study investigated the influence of information literacy skills and computer self-efficacy on postgraduate students’ use of e-resources in private university libraries in Nigeria.
The study adopted the survey research design. The study population comprised 2,805postgraduate students in five private universities offering postgraduate programmes in South-West, Nigeria. Multistage sampling technique was used in the selection process. A purposive selection off our faculties/schools from each of the five universities was carried out. Proportionate sampling technique was used to select the sample size of 550 postgraduate students as the respondents for the study. A validated questionnaire was the instrument for data collection. The Cronbach’s alpha values for the constructs ranged from 0.80 to 0.94. The response rate was 88%. Data were analyzed using Pearson Product Moment Correlation and multiple regression.
Findings revealed that there was a significant positive correlation between information literacy skills and the use of e-resources (r = 0.28, p<0.05). Computer self-efficacy was also found to have a positive correlation with the use of e-resources (r = 0.26, p<0.05). There was a significant joint influence of information literacy skills and computer self-efficacy on the use of e-resources(F(2 : 492) = 22.13; R = .29, R2 = 0.09, Adj. R2 = 0.08; P < .05).
The study concluded that the utilization of e-resources promoted access to current information among postgraduate students in the selected private universities in South-West, Nigeria. The study recommended that the management of private university libraries should ensure a continuous provision of e-resources with adequate information communication technology tools to facilitate their use. The study also recommended that the management of private university libraries should promote the teaching of information literacy skills and computer self-efficacy to postgraduate students in private universities to improve the use of e-resources as well as improve the quality of their academic work.
Keywords: Information literacy, Computer self-efficacy, E-resources use, ICT skills,
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EFFECT OF DRAMA ON PUPILS’ INFORMATION ACQUISITION AND ATTITUDE TO SOCIAL ISSUES IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN NSUKKA URBAN IN NSUKKA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» Abstract The purpose of this study was to examine the effect of drama method of teaching on pupils’ information acquisition on and attitude to s...Continue Reading »
2. UTILIZATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGIES (ICTs) BY STUDENTS IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN NORTH- CENTRAL ZONE OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This research work was intended to investigate the utilization of Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs) by students in the five f...Continue Reading »
3. ESTABLISHMENT OF HYBRID LIBRARY SERVICES IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES OF THE NORTH-CENTRAL ZONE OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study investigated the establishment of hybrid library services in federal university libraries of the North Central zone of Nigeria. It...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study There is growing concern about the potential effect of Internet use on students. Studies on Inter...Continue Reading »
5. ATTITUDE OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS TOWARDS THE ACADEMIC USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES IN TWO FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES IN ENUGU AND ANAMBRA STATE...» ABSTRACT This study examined the attitude of undergraduate students towards academic use of electronic information resources in two federal universiti...Continue Reading »
6. EVALUATION OF THE RESOURCES AND SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE MTN FOUNDATION DIGITAL LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA UNIVERSITIES» Abstract ix This study was conducted to evaluate the resources and services of the MTN Foundation Digital Libraries in Nigerian universities. This is ...Continue Reading »
7. AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF ELECTRONIC RESOURCES BY UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS OF MICHAEL OKPARA UNIVERSITY OF AGRICULTURE, UMUDIKE AND ABIA STATE UNI...» ABSTRACT The purpose of the study was to investigate the availability and utilisation of library’s e resources by undergraduates of Michael Okpa...Continue Reading »
8. INFORMATION BEHAVIOUR AND WORK EFFECTIVENESS OF PHYSICIANS IN SELECTED GOVERNMENT HOSPITALS IN EDO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Physicians, as health care providers, require information to effectively carry out their duties. They need relevant, accurate and up to date ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research investigated management and use of grey literature in academic libraries in Niger State. The purpose of it is to identify types...Continue Reading »
10. DEMOGRAPHIC CHARACTERISTICS AND INDIGENOUS KNOWLEDGE SHARING PRACTICES AMONG TRADO-MEDICAL PRACTITIONERS IN IJEBU NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF OGUN ...» ABSTRACT Indigenous knowledge sharing practice is a common practice among the elderly in rural communities in Nigeria. The rate at which western educa...Continue Reading »