Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 93 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study was carried out to ascertain awareness, use and users’ satisfaction of library electronic resources by undergraduates of National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos Study Centre. The objectives of the study include to find out the extent of users’ awareness of library electronic resources, determine the skills needed to use library electronic resources, determine the level of use of library electronic resources, find out the level of users satisfaction with library electronic resources, find out the level of awareness on use of library e-resources, find out the influence of use on users satisfaction of library e-resources, find out joint influence of awareness and use of library electronic resources on users satisfaction, and to identify the challenges facing users in the use of library e-resources in NOUN.
The study adopted a survey design. A structured questionnaire, titled “Awareness, use and users’ satisfaction of library electronic resources by undergraduates of National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos Study Centre” (AUUSLER) was used to gather data among undergraduates in NOUN, Lagos Study Centre. Multistage sampling technique was used since the population was large. The instrument was validated through a pre-test among 50 undergraduates of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), McCarthy Study Centre, Lagos State to determine the Cronbach’s alpha value. The result indicated 0.88 for awareness of library e-resources, 0.92 for use of library e-resources and 0.74 for users’ satisfaction. Out of 966 copies of the questionnaires distributed, 722 copies representing 75.2% were retrieved and found valid for analysis, using frequency count, mean, standard deviation and linear regression analysis.
The findings revealed that awareness, use of library e-resources has significantly influence on users’ satisfaction (p<0.005). The findings revealed that 66 percent of the respondents were very aware, aware and somewhat aware of the e-resources while 34 percent were either not aware or not sure of the e- resources. Table 4.3 revealed that 64 percent of the respondents were highly and moderately skilled with the e-resources while 36% had low skills. This indicates that undergraduates of NOUN, Lagos study Centre have high level of computer and internet skills but with low level of OPAC, Navigation and queries skills. The result in Table 4.4 shows that 64 percent of the respondents Utilized electronic resources while 36 percent of the respondents do not utilize the library electronic resources. The result in Table 4.5 revealed that 81 percent of the respondents were satisfied with the e-resources while about 19 percent were not satisfied. Finally, the result in Table 4.6 shows that average of 54 percent of the respondents either Strongly Agree or Agree with the Eleven (11) items identified while about 46 percent of the respondents either disagree or strongly disagree with the eleven (11) items on Table 4.6.
The study concluded that large percentages of Undergraduates are not aware of online Databases of the library, those that are aware don’t have the required skills or expertise to use the resources. This has affected their level of usage.
Keywords: Awareness of e-resources, Academic Libraries, Skills to use of library
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ICT SKILLS, INFORMATION LITERACY AND USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES BY STUDENTS OF NATIONAL OPEN UNIVERSITY IN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The use of Electronic Information Resources (EIRs) has become inevitable for higher education students in the digital age, given the volume o...Continue Reading »
136 pages | 221 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
2. AVAILABILITY AND UTILIZATION OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) FACILITIES AT DEPARTMENT OF LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE» ABSTRACT This study presents a detailed and critical review of the alternative dispute resolution as a non judicial mechanism for the settlement of ...Continue Reading »
109 pages | 110 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
3. ACCESSIBILITY, USE OF ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES AND RESEARCH OUTPUT OF LIBRARIANS IN UNIVERSITIES IN EKITI, ONDO AND OSUN STATES, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The accessibility of electronic information resources enhances librarians research output by providing various information needed for researc...Continue Reading »
113 pages | 137 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
4. INFORMATION NEED AND INFORMATION SEEKING BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES (A CASE STUDY OF IMO STATE LIBRARY BOARD OWERRI)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION The researcher would want to begin this work with a survey of the impo...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 168 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
5. INFLUENCE OF INFORMATION DISSEMINATION ON THE ACHIEVEMENT OF MILLENNIUM DEVELOPMENT GOALS (MDGs) IN KOGI STATE, NIGERIA» ...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 72 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» Abstract This study investigated the status of digitization in federal university libraries in South Eastern Zone of Nigeria. Seven research questions...Continue Reading »
85 pages | 118 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. ICT COMPETENCIES OF LIBRARY STAFF AT THE UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, FCT AND UNIVERSITY OF JOS, PLATAEU STATE.» ABSTRACT This study investigated the Information and Communication Technology (ICT) competencies of library staff in the University of Abuja, FCT and ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 198 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT) USE FOR SCHOLARLY COMMUNICATION AMONG ACADEMICS IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to determine the information and communication technology use for scholarly communication among academics in Nigeri...Continue Reading »
162 pages | 71 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This research investigated management and use of grey literature in academic libraries in Niger State. The purpose of it is to identify types...Continue Reading »
113 pages | 97 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the extent of librarians’ motivation in public libraries in South east geopolitical zone of Nigeria, comprising...Continue Reading »
120 pages | 294 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE