Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 93 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study was carried out to ascertain awareness, use and users’ satisfaction of library electronic resources by undergraduates of National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos Study Centre. The objectives of the study include to find out the extent of users’ awareness of library electronic resources, determine the skills needed to use library electronic resources, determine the level of use of library electronic resources, find out the level of users satisfaction with library electronic resources, find out the level of awareness on use of library e-resources, find out the influence of use on users satisfaction of library e-resources, find out joint influence of awareness and use of library electronic resources on users satisfaction, and to identify the challenges facing users in the use of library e-resources in NOUN.
The study adopted a survey design. A structured questionnaire, titled “Awareness, use and users’ satisfaction of library electronic resources by undergraduates of National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos Study Centre” (AUUSLER) was used to gather data among undergraduates in NOUN, Lagos Study Centre. Multistage sampling technique was used since the population was large. The instrument was validated through a pre-test among 50 undergraduates of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), McCarthy Study Centre, Lagos State to determine the Cronbach’s alpha value. The result indicated 0.88 for awareness of library e-resources, 0.92 for use of library e-resources and 0.74 for users’ satisfaction. Out of 966 copies of the questionnaires distributed, 722 copies representing 75.2% were retrieved and found valid for analysis, using frequency count, mean, standard deviation and linear regression analysis.
The findings revealed that awareness, use of library e-resources has significantly influence on users’ satisfaction (p<0.005). The findings revealed that 66 percent of the respondents were very aware, aware and somewhat aware of the e-resources while 34 percent were either not aware or not sure of the e- resources. Table 4.3 revealed that 64 percent of the respondents were highly and moderately skilled with the e-resources while 36% had low skills. This indicates that undergraduates of NOUN, Lagos study Centre have high level of computer and internet skills but with low level of OPAC, Navigation and queries skills. The result in Table 4.4 shows that 64 percent of the respondents Utilized electronic resources while 36 percent of the respondents do not utilize the library electronic resources. The result in Table 4.5 revealed that 81 percent of the respondents were satisfied with the e-resources while about 19 percent were not satisfied. Finally, the result in Table 4.6 shows that average of 54 percent of the respondents either Strongly Agree or Agree with the Eleven (11) items identified while about 46 percent of the respondents either disagree or strongly disagree with the eleven (11) items on Table 4.6.
The study concluded that large percentages of Undergraduates are not aware of online Databases of the library, those that are aware don’t have the required skills or expertise to use the resources. This has affected their level of usage.
Keywords: Awareness of e-resources, Academic Libraries, Skills to use of library
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS USE OF INTERNET RESOURCES FOR RESEARCH PROJECT IN UNIVERSITIES IN NORTH – CENTRAL NIGERIA» Abstract This study was carried out to examine undergraduate students’ use of Internet resources for research project in Universities in North C...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.Background of the study Libraries are established either by the government, individuals or corporate organizations for th...Continue Reading »
3. LECTURERS’ ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES RETRIEVAL SKILLS, USE, AND TEACHING EFFECTIVENESS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN MONROVIA, LIBERIA» ABSTRACT Lecturers are expected to use Electronic Information Resources (EIR) to improve their research and teaching. However, it is not certain if pr...Continue Reading »
4. INFORMATION RETRIEVAL SYSTEMS IN ACADEMIC LIBRARIES (A CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL POLYTECHNIC, NEKEDE OWERRI)» ABSTRACT Information retrieval systems in libraries are basically systems that store record in a file for data relevant to each request, retrieve the ...Continue Reading »
5. LEADERSHIP STYLE, EMPLOYEE TRUST, INFORMATION CULTURE AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE OF STOCKBROKING FIRMS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Stockbroking firms play a fundamental role in a country’s capital market system. The performance of stockbroking firms is generally perceiv...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research into the history and development of the Nigerian School Library Association, (NSLA), aimed at finding out and analyzing the cir...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study explains preservation and conservation of library materials. In order to achieve this, causes of deterioration of library materials...Continue Reading »
8. STRATEGIES FOR GENERATING REVENUE FOR PUBLIC LIBRARIES IN NIGERIA( A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL LIBRARY KADUNA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Information and its effective and proper dissemination is a powerful force to reckon with in any ...Continue Reading »
9. INFORMATION NEEDS AND INFORMATION SEEKING BEHAVIOUR OF CHILDREN IN PUBLIC LIBRARIES (The Case Study Of Imo State Library Board, Owerri)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION IMPORTANCE OF INFORMATION The researcher would want to begin this work with a survey of the importance of information in dail...Continue Reading »
10. INFORMATION LITERACY SKILLS, COMPUTER SELF-EFFICACY AND E-RESOURCES USE BY POSTGRADUATE STUDENTS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITY LIBRARIESIN SOUTH-WEST, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The introduction of new technologies has had a significant influence on teaching, learning and research activities in universities. This has ...Continue Reading »