The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 93 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
This study was carried out to ascertain awareness, use and users’ satisfaction of library electronic resources by undergraduates of National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos Study Centre. The objectives of the study include to find out the extent of users’ awareness of library electronic resources, determine the skills needed to use library electronic resources, determine the level of use of library electronic resources, find out the level of users satisfaction with library electronic resources, find out the level of awareness on use of library e-resources, find out the influence of use on users satisfaction of library e-resources, find out joint influence of awareness and use of library electronic resources on users satisfaction, and to identify the challenges facing users in the use of library e-resources in NOUN.
The study adopted a survey design. A structured questionnaire, titled “Awareness, use and users’ satisfaction of library electronic resources by undergraduates of National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos Study Centre” (AUUSLER) was used to gather data among undergraduates in NOUN, Lagos Study Centre. Multistage sampling technique was used since the population was large. The instrument was validated through a pre-test among 50 undergraduates of National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), McCarthy Study Centre, Lagos State to determine the Cronbach’s alpha value. The result indicated 0.88 for awareness of library e-resources, 0.92 for use of library e-resources and 0.74 for users’ satisfaction. Out of 966 copies of the questionnaires distributed, 722 copies representing 75.2% were retrieved and found valid for analysis, using frequency count, mean, standard deviation and linear regression analysis.
The findings revealed that awareness, use of library e-resources has significantly influence on users’ satisfaction (p<0.005). The findings revealed that 66 percent of the respondents were very aware, aware and somewhat aware of the e-resources while 34 percent were either not aware or not sure of the e- resources. Table 4.3 revealed that 64 percent of the respondents were highly and moderately skilled with the e-resources while 36% had low skills. This indicates that undergraduates of NOUN, Lagos study Centre have high level of computer and internet skills but with low level of OPAC, Navigation and queries skills. The result in Table 4.4 shows that 64 percent of the respondents Utilized electronic resources while 36 percent of the respondents do not utilize the library electronic resources. The result in Table 4.5 revealed that 81 percent of the respondents were satisfied with the e-resources while about 19 percent were not satisfied. Finally, the result in Table 4.6 shows that average of 54 percent of the respondents either Strongly Agree or Agree with the Eleven (11) items identified while about 46 percent of the respondents either disagree or strongly disagree with the eleven (11) items on Table 4.6.
The study concluded that large percentages of Undergraduates are not aware of online Databases of the library, those that are aware don’t have the required skills or expertise to use the resources. This has affected their level of usage.
Keywords: Awareness of e-resources, Academic Libraries, Skills to use of library
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. KNOWLEDGE CREATION, TRANSFER AND PRODUCT INNOVATION IN AGRO-ALLIED FOOD COMPANIES IN ONDO STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT It is generally accepted that the innovative activities of an organization depends strongly on her ability to create and transfer knowledge. ...Continue Reading »
119 pages | 27 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The research work carried out was Job satisfaction among academic librarians in academic libraries in Niger State. The general objective of t...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 32 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
3. INSTITUTIONAL SUPPORT, JOB SATISFACTION AND EMPLOYEES’ COMMITMENT IN PUBLIC UNIVERSITY LIBRARIES IN SOUTH-EAST GEO-POLITICAL ZONE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The success and failure of every institution largely depends on employees’ commitment. Institutional support and job satisfaction are consi...Continue Reading »
186 pages | 28 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
4. BIBLIOMETRIC ANALYSIS OF POSTGRADUATE RESEARCH REPORTS IN LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE IN NIGERIAN UNIVERSITIES» ABSTRACT The research study is a Bibliometrics analysis of post graduate research report in Library and Information Science in Nigerian universities, ...Continue Reading »
231 pages | 92 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The study is on consultancy services in first generation federal university libraries in Nigeria. The study was carried out with these purpos...Continue Reading »
86 pages | 74 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study aims at finding the information retrieval system is basically a system that stores records in a file for data relevant to each req...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 96 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
7. LECTURERS’ ELECTRONIC INFORMATION RESOURCES RETRIEVAL SKILLS, USE, AND TEACHING EFFECTIVENESS IN PRIVATE UNIVERSITIES IN MONROVIA, LIBERIA» ABSTRACT Lecturers are expected to use Electronic Information Resources (EIR) to improve their research and teaching. However, it is not certain if pr...Continue Reading »
77 pages | 74 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
8. MANAGEMENT OF SPECIAL COLLECTIONS IN A PERIOD OF REDUCED FUNDING: A CASE STUDY OF NNAMDI AZIKIWE LIBRARY UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA» THESIS ABSTRACT The objective of this research was to investigate the management of the Special Collection Division in a period of reduced funding in ...Continue Reading »
90 pages | 26 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This study investigated the extent of librarians’ motivation in public libraries in South east geopolitical zone of Nigeria, comprising...Continue Reading »
120 pages | 79 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE
10. ESTABLISHMENT OF HYBRID LIBRARY SERVICES IN FEDERAL UNIVERSITIES OF THE NORTH-CENTRAL ZONE OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study investigated the establishment of hybrid library services in federal university libraries of the North Central zone of Nigeria. It...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 92 hits | Source: LIBRARY INFORMATION SCIENCE