Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 142 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Nigeria as an Independent state with different ethnic and religious groups over the years experienced a number of ethno-religious conflicts which have claimed lives and properties. The consequence of this is the displacement of many inhabitants which are referred to as Internally Displaced Persons (IDP’s). The affected persons are denied certain constitutional rights as enshrined in the Constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) and other international legal instruments which are aim at protecting their rights. It is to this extent that this work examined the causes of ethno-religious conflicts vis-à-vis the laws that seeks to protect the rights of victims of such conflicts. The study also examined the role of Government and Non-governmental agencies in the protection of the rights of victims of ethno-religious conflict whether such role is moral or legal? Data were collected through questionnaire and interviews and later the data were analyzed. The findings are that in Nigeria today there is no certained law dealing with the problem of internally displaced persons. Our recommendation is that with the foundation laid down by the Kampala convention and the general principles of issues relating to IDP’s, the stage is set for Nigeria to hasten the process of enacting its laws or adopting the kampala convention as a national law.
1.1 Background to the Research
Ethnicity and religion have become powerful factors of mobilization for violence leading
up to the destruction of lives and properties, displacement of whole communities and
especially in Kaduna State and Nigeria as a whole.
In Kaduna State, there have been conflicts leading to loss of lives and destruction of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. JUSTICE AND THE ENVIRONMENT: CONCEPTIONS OF ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY AND THEORIES OF DISTRIBUTIVE JUSTICE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study The idea of environmental justice has been a central concern for academics in a range of disciplines,...Continue Reading »
2. AN APPRAISAL ON THE RIGHT OF THE CHILD TO FREEDOM OF THOUGHT, CONSCIENCE AND RELIGION UNDER NIGERIAN LAWS» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion is one of the fundamental freedom...Continue Reading »
3. AN APPRAISAL OF THE COMMUNITY COURT OF JUSTICE OF THE ECONOMIC COMMUNITY OF WEST AFRICAN STATES (ECOWAS) IN CONFLICT RESOLUTION.» ABSTRACT This thesis entitled, “An Appraisal of the Ascertainment of Applicable Law of Torts in Conflict of Laws” aimed at ascertaining th...Continue Reading »
4. AN APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF TRADE UNIONISM UNDER NIGERIAN LAW: A CASE STUDY OF THE NIGERIA LABOUR CONGRESS» ABSTRACT The writer was motivated to write on the subject of unionism with reference to the Nigeria Labour Congress owing to criticisms labeled by Nig...Continue Reading »
» Title Page Table of Contents CHAPTER ONEIntroduction CHAPTER TWONigeria’s Role in the Establishment of International Organizations CHAPTER THREEOrig...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The fundamental target of both Islamic law of war and international Humanitarian law is to protect the Rights and Persons of both combatants ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0.0 INTRODUCTION The law of copyright has its origin in English law. The first truly copyright status in England wa...Continue Reading »
8. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS ON THE CONCEPT OF FREEDOM OF RELIGION UNDER THE SHARI‘AH AND INTERNATIONAL LAW» ABSTRACT This study analyzes the compatibility of Shariah with International Law on freedom of religion. As a subject of colossal complexity and varia...Continue Reading »
9. JURISPRUDENTIAL ANALYSIS OF HOMOSEXUALITY AND SAME SEX MARRIAGES: SUPPORTING THE NIGERIAN PERSPECTIVE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Definition of Homosexuality Homosexuality is the romantic attraction, sexual attraction or sexual...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In Nigeria, in spite of the statutory mechanisms put in place to mitigate disputes, the phenomenon has been on the increase and on a consiste...Continue Reading »