Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 142 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Nigeria as an Independent state with different ethnic and religious groups over the years experienced a number of ethno-religious conflicts which have claimed lives and properties. The consequence of this is the displacement of many inhabitants which are referred to as Internally Displaced Persons (IDP’s). The affected persons are denied certain constitutional rights as enshrined in the Constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) and other international legal instruments which are aim at protecting their rights. It is to this extent that this work examined the causes of ethno-religious conflicts vis-à-vis the laws that seeks to protect the rights of victims of such conflicts. The study also examined the role of Government and Non-governmental agencies in the protection of the rights of victims of ethno-religious conflict whether such role is moral or legal? Data were collected through questionnaire and interviews and later the data were analyzed. The findings are that in Nigeria today there is no certained law dealing with the problem of internally displaced persons. Our recommendation is that with the foundation laid down by the Kampala convention and the general principles of issues relating to IDP’s, the stage is set for Nigeria to hasten the process of enacting its laws or adopting the kampala convention as a national law.
1.1 Background to the Research
Ethnicity and religion have become powerful factors of mobilization for violence leading
up to the destruction of lives and properties, displacement of whole communities and
especially in Kaduna State and Nigeria as a whole.
In Kaduna State, there have been conflicts leading to loss of lives and destruction of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. HOME PROJECTS CATALOG HIRE A WRITER FAQ HOW IT’S WORK BLOG CONTACT FORUM P G I STORE AN ASSESSMENTOF THE IMPA...» ABSTRACT International Human Rights Law provides adequate safeguard and protection against Human Rights violation even in times of Public Emergency wh...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 89 hits | Source: LAW
2. AN APPRAISAL OF THE ROLE OF ECOWAS COURT OF JUSTICE AND THE SOUTHERN AFRICAN DEVELOPMENT (SADC) TRIBUNAL IN THE PROTECTION OF HUMAN RIGHTS» ABSTRACT The concept of Human Rights is a very fundamental subject in international law. Human Rights aim at promoting and protecting humanity through...Continue Reading »
153 pages | 13 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT New trends and innovations in modern communications and commerce have dealt a great blow on the political boundaries of states otherwise refe...Continue Reading »
170 pages | 22 hits | Source: LAW
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v vii Table of Contents viii x Table of Cases xi xiv Tab...Continue Reading »
108 pages | 234 hits | Source: LAW
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Since the beginning of civilization, man has always been motivated by the need to make progress and better the lives of fello...Continue Reading »
113 pages | 277 hits | Source: LAW
6. MARITAL RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS IN ISLAMIC LAW: A CRITICAL ANALYSIS OF ITS PRACTICE IN NORTHERN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Marriage under Islamic law, as an institute is generally the cradle of any legitimate family and society. Hence the success of marriage must ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 22 hits | Source: LAW
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION In almost every corner of the world, no issue can be as mind boggling as a discussion on human rights. While the exact sc...Continue Reading »
112 pages | 308 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT The psalms explored the full range of human experience in a very personal and practical way. Its 50 “songs” run from the creation...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT A global trend has emerged aimed at reducing government’s involvement and attracting private partnership in the economy. This global trend ...Continue Reading »
61 pages | 228 hits | Source: LAW
10. A CRITIQUE OF THE SEPARATION OF OWNERSHIP AND CONTROL OF COMPANIES UNDER COMPANIES AND ALLIED MATTERS ACT 2004» ABSTRACT Undoubtedly, the corporation has become one of the most powerful forces in twentieth century economies. It is both a method of property tenur...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 287 hits | Source: LAW