Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 142 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Nigeria as an Independent state with different ethnic and religious groups over the years experienced a number of ethno-religious conflicts which have claimed lives and properties. The consequence of this is the displacement of many inhabitants which are referred to as Internally Displaced Persons (IDP’s). The affected persons are denied certain constitutional rights as enshrined in the Constitution of the Federal republic of Nigeria 1999 (as amended) and other international legal instruments which are aim at protecting their rights. It is to this extent that this work examined the causes of ethno-religious conflicts vis-à-vis the laws that seeks to protect the rights of victims of such conflicts. The study also examined the role of Government and Non-governmental agencies in the protection of the rights of victims of ethno-religious conflict whether such role is moral or legal? Data were collected through questionnaire and interviews and later the data were analyzed. The findings are that in Nigeria today there is no certained law dealing with the problem of internally displaced persons. Our recommendation is that with the foundation laid down by the Kampala convention and the general principles of issues relating to IDP’s, the stage is set for Nigeria to hasten the process of enacting its laws or adopting the kampala convention as a national law.
1.1 Background to the Research
Ethnicity and religion have become powerful factors of mobilization for violence leading
up to the destruction of lives and properties, displacement of whole communities and
especially in Kaduna State and Nigeria as a whole.
In Kaduna State, there have been conflicts leading to loss of lives and destruction of
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT It is a fact that the recognition of Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) as a method of dispute resolution has grown by leap and bound in re...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 299 hits | Source: LAW
2. AN APPRAISAL OF THE EFFICACY OF THE LEGAL AND INSTITUTIONAL FRAMEWORKS FOR COMBATING CYBERCRIMES IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Advances in Artificial Intelligence are credited to have given the world computers that can defeat people at chess as well as drive cars and ...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 142 hits | Source: LAW
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0.0: INTRODUCTION Law is central to national governance and a nation can succinctly be described as a group of pers...Continue Reading »
91 pages | 0 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT This research work titled “critical analysis of the regulatory regimes of the petroleum industry in Nigeria” is centred on the le...Continue Reading »
141 pages | 147 hits | Source: LAW
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INRODUCTION 1.0.0: INTRODUCTION Presumption is an important topic in the law of evidence; it is a creature of common law which is ...Continue Reading »
95 pages | 632 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT Before the inception of the British colonies which brought common law in place as a source of Nigeria law. It remain an indisputable fact tha...Continue Reading »
170 pages | 426 hits | Source: LAW
7. AN APPRAISAL OF THE LEGAL FRAMEWORK FOR INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENTAL PROTECTION UNDER THE LAW OF ARMED CONFLICT» ABSTRACT The effect of war has far gone beyond human suffering. Armed conflict has devastating effect on the environment. It is on record that some ba...Continue Reading »
57 pages | 138 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT Human rights are rights that have come to be guaranteed over time, to all men and women, irrespective of race or creed. These rights extend t...Continue Reading »
91 pages | 147 hits | Source: LAW
9. THE IMPERATIVES OF INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL TRIBUNALS AND INTERNATIONAL CRIMINAL COURT ON CRIME OF GENOCIDE» ABSTRACT The idea of a strong standing tribunal to try serious violations of international law has been around since the end of World War II. After WW...Continue Reading »
141 pages | 152 hits | Source: LAW
» ABSTRACT Under the two laws, confession is a statement by suspect in crime which is adverse to that person. It is a form of evidence that is acceptabl...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: LAW