Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 78 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
Treaties represent an important instrument by which States undertake and accept responsibilities
in the international arena. Nigeria has in furtherance of its international relations entered into a
number of multi-lateral and bilateral treaties. Nigeria has by its constitution expressly provided
for the treaty making procedure and how treaties can acquire the force of law in Nigeria. It is
however, apposite to note that the applicability of a treaty is dependent on a number of factors
beyond the signing ceremonies that usually attend the process of signifying consent to be bound
by the provisions of the treaty in question. Ratification and Domestication, which are the central
focus of this work, are integral part of that procedure.
This work, therefore, examines how treaties acquire the force of law, the inter-relationship
between the Executive and Legislative Arms of Government in treaty making, Procedure for
ratification and domestication and its challenges for Nigeria.
BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
A great number of laws that make up the Nigerian body of laws emanates from treaties.
Consequently in Nigeria, treaties do not automatically have force of law or becomes applicable
and enforceable unless enacted into law by the National Assembly. Hence, Section 12(1) of the
Constitution provides as follows:-
No treaty between the Federation and any other country shall have the force of law except to
which any such treaty has been enacted into law by the National Assembly.
This Section further provides that where the subject-matter of a treaty falls outside the Exclusive
Legislative List, a bill for an Act of the National Assembly to give the treaty the force of law
must be ratified by a majority of all the Houses of Assembly in the Federation before it is
enacted into law and assented by the President. It follows, therefore, that until a treaty has been
domesticated in Nigeria, it cannot be applied within the country.
Treaties are governed by intern
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AN APPRAISAL OF THE ECOWAS LEGAL REGIME ON PROLIFERATION AND MISUSE OF SMALL ARMS AND LIGHT WEAPONS: A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This dissertation examines the Proliferation and Misuse of Small Arms and Light Weapons under the ECOWAS Legal regime taking Nigeria as a cas...Continue Reading »
2. CRITICAL APPRAISAL OF THE RELEVANCY AND ADMISSIBILITY OF ELECTRONICALLY GENERATED EVIDENCE IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT In an attempt to address this fundamental issue regarding the admissibility of electronically generated evidence, recourse shall be paid had ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Globally in all jurisdictions, the courts of law are recognized as bodies vested with the authority of interpreting the law and applying the ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Before the inception of the British colonies which brought common law in place as a source of Nigeria law. It remain an indisputable fact tha...Continue Reading »
5. CRITICAL REVIEW OF THE RIGHTS OF THE DISPLACED PERSONS IN THE COURSE OF NATURAL DISASTERS IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The overwhelming increase of Internally Displaced Persons in situation of natural disaster in Nigeria in recent years has become an issue of ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INRODUCTION 1.0.0: INTRODUCTION Presumption is an important topic in the law of evidence; it is a creature of common law which is ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Crime is an everyday phenomenon found to have eaten deep into the heart of every society. It is a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This dissertation entitled “The Use of Child Soldiers in Armed Conflict as War Crime under International Law”is premised on an ap...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE NATURE AND DEFINITION OF INSURANCE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Risk and uncertainty are incidental to life. Man may meet untimely death. He may suffe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0.0: INTRODUCTION In spite of the fact that around the world today, democracy has become the pillar upon wh...Continue Reading »