Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 235 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
1.1 BACKGROUND INFORMATION
Nigeria operates a federal system of government under which
system each tier of government has its legislative competence or
functions conferred on it as the case may be. It is significant to note
that Federalism in Nigeria dates back to 1954 when the country which
had hitherto been administered as a Unitary state was restructured
into three quasi-self governing and administered regions1.
It is equally noteworthy that shortly before and since the
independence of Nigeria in 1960, all the constitutions that have been
enacted have taken the pattern of federalism. Section 2(2) of the 1999
constitution also re-enacts the doctrine of federalism when it provides
“Nigeria shall be a federation consisting of states and a federal capital territory”
However, there is no doubt that Nigerian federalism is anomalous in
practice. It is fraught with various phenomena that conflict with the universal
precepts and normative imperatives of federalism to the extent that the danger and
apprehension that the nation is susceptible to unitarism becomes heightened2.
- 21 -
However, the focus of this thesis is not to appraise the entire
constituents of Nigerian federalism but only the aspect of it that
affects Uniform Personal Income
1. Fajana O. – Three-and-a-half decades of fiscal federalism in Nigeria In: Elaigwu J.I and Akindele R.A (ed) Foundations of Nigerian Federalism 1960 – 1995, NCIR, Abuja (1996) p.105
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR LAW FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF WIFES RIGHT TO MAINTENANCE IN ISLAMIC AND STATUTORY LAWS IN NIGERIA: A CASE STUDY OF ZARIA AND SABON-GARI COMMUNITIES OF KADUNA...» ABSTRACT This study analyzes the compatibility of Shariah with International Law on freedom of religion. As a subject of colossal complexity and varia...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.2 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This research work is based on the premise of discovering what the practices of land registration...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study The study examines the Legal Framework for Mergers and Acquisitions in Nigerian Banking ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the Study A company is “a union or association of persons for carrying on a commercial or in...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Before the inception of the British colonies which brought common law in place as a source of Nigeria law. It remain an indisputable fact tha...Continue Reading »
6. AN EVALUATION OF THE OPERATION OF NON-INTEREST BANKING UNDER THE EXISTING LEGAL FRAMEWORK IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This Dissertation aimed at evaluating the Operation of Non Interest Banking Under the Existing Legal Framework in Nigeria. The work has evalu...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT One of the goals of Nigeria Agricultural Development policy is to achieve for the nation enough food sufficient for the consumption and utter...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT There is no branch of law which transpires the true picture of the society more than the law of tort. The reason being that it is a branch of...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This dissertation entitled „‟An Analysis of the Efficacy of Minority Protection under Nigerian Company Law‟ which analyzed the principl...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Pages Title of pages i Declaration ii Certification iii Dedication iv Acknowledgements v Table of Contents vii Table of Cases x Tabl...Continue Reading »