The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
The study intends to determine the importance of communication in enhancing an effective management undertaking which is for the generality of the profitability of the undertaking. The essay will work towards identifying areas of weakness and strength of communications applied in the past with a view to proffer a dependable solution. Again, it is also to determine the qualities and effectiveness in the field of management. Hence all organization have need to organize human and material resources in most efficient and effective way which will enhance productivity. On that the system of communicating adopted in various organizations fails to integrate the two interests (personal and organizational) in pursuit of some objective.
The modern world is information oriented, thus management becomes more concerned about communication with employees. Hence communication is vital tool for effective management in an enterprise.
The need for effective communication has become paramount because most managers found it difficult to understand why efficiency is not as certain in an organization.
However, communication integrates, coordinate and synchronize organization activities. In an organization, there is need for harmonization of overall activities, this can be done through communication.
According to Koontz H. Weihrich (2008) 12th edition of management at global and entrepreneurial perspective page 22 defined communication as the process of transferring information meaningfully from one to another.
Communication is a fundamental aspect of all human interactions: through languages, humanity has recorded its history and transmit its culture from one generation to another. The ability to communicate has enable human being to build societies, organization and other social group that make for survival and social wellbeing.
Communication constitutes about 60% managers tasks. It takes the following form: directive conservation, request and instruction. The mix include not only oral and written form of one communication but gestures, positive dress and other visual signals.
Concept of Communication
Communication can mostly be facilitated through language and language is purely abstract in nature thus a well spoken language earns benefits and purpose of communication. The more an individual increases its vocabulary, the like/she visualize his words, object and phrase. Many people attach difficult meaning to gesture communication and as such it poses problem. Henry Fayol “studies unity of direction” in his 14 principles of management which means that each group of activities with the same objective must have one head and one plan. While Barnard in his popular book “the function of the executive” saw maintenance of organizational communication as top of his life of the three basic execution functions. Perhaps Bandas and Barret expressed the most eloquent when they write: It is not a secondary or derived aspect of organizational activity and it’s the best process out of which all other functions derive. With reference to the subject matter, the main purpose of this extended essay is to see the causes and effect of communication breakdown on an organization and suggest possible solutions to these problems with a view to enhancing organization efficiency.
1.2 Objective of the Essay
The objective of this extended essay constitutes the following:
i) To assess the effect of communication on the field of management.
ii) To identify the existing communication barriers in an organization.
iii) To access the contribution and important role played by effective communication in an organization towards enhancing production and profitability.
iv) To find out what communication is all about, how it is done, what instruments are used and what qualities can make up a system of communication effective in an organization.
v) To ascertain and identify the problems of ineffective communication and to suggest possible solution so as to achieve better communication network in an enterprise.
vi) To identify the possible barriers that lead to communication breakdown.
vii) To know if there is any relationship between effective communication and performance of employees.
viii) To know if there is any relationship between communication and effective management.
1.3 Significance of the Essay
It is my sincere hope that this extended essay would be of benefit to academicians and the students of business administrative studies at all levels and member of the public who would stand to benefit from the work, especially managers, administrative officers both in the public and private sector. Again it can also be used by researchers as prelude to another research or reference material for use by entrepreneurs who may find the work useful.
Besides, it is my belief that this essay will be found useful by the enterprise and consequently other organizations which may wish to achieve their established objectives. This is because communication in both private and public undertaking be it non-profit or profit motive play a vital role in enhancing productivity due to the fact that it integrates the management functions in an organization. Since it influence action towards the welfare of organization. Indeed, communication also brings about utilization, improvement and retention of various organization manpower (labour force).
Moreso, communication is important in that, it leads, directs, motivates and create a climate in which people want to contribute to achieve organizational objectives and goals.
1.4 Scope of the Essay
The essay intends to highlight the barriers to effective communication in an organization with particular emphasis on how it affects the performance of employees, with a view to proffer lasting solutions. Though it is imperative for the writer to narrow his area of study. This is simply because the problem of communication in effectiveness of an extensive area of study.
Therefore it becomes extremely difficult for one to cover the whole range of the problem due to the:
i) The art of the financial funds to carryout a comprehensive essay.
ii) The problem of not having free access to some vital documents which will help to facilitate the essay as a result of their confidential or classified status.
iii) The study is limited by time: The time allocated of data from the organization used to collides with the writer’s lecture houses.
iv) It is difficult to be able to speak to highly placed personalities in order to make inquiry.
Despite all the above constraints, I was able to lay my hands on some vital documents. I had been opportuned to speak to some personalities who gave me all the necessary information that guided me through this write -up.
1.5 Limitation of the Essay
Conflict is one disadvantage of communication. Employees may use communication to disagree and argue with each other and with management. Conflicts causes tension among employees and can halt operations, disrupt meetings and prevent task completion. Source of conflict include lack of structure, lack of transparent communication and personality differences. Organizational leaders also use communication to mediate and control conflict to lessen the effect of employee disagreement.
There are some limitations of communication:
1) Distrust/Suspicion: Where there is distrust or suspicion between two communicants, a wrong interpretation of what is said is likely to occur. Such messages may be greatly distorted especially when melayed to a third party, with distrust even the best statement can be misinterpreted as having a hidden message or may be said to be out of context.
2) Physical Barriers: These include geographical separation and locational distance which the media of communication especially face to face conversation.
Another example is a wall that separate persons from group, giving too little or no interaction inter-personally between public servants distracting noises and other physical characteristics of the immediate environment.
3) Content and Context: These are concerned not only with language but also with attitudes and over behavior. This is evidenced in that symbols and words convey different meaning to different people.
4) Inference: Inference occurs when a person makes an assumption about what is being communicated. When assumptions are made, it may be the time that situation is accepted.
5) Background/Values: People with different background tend to see things and interpret them differently. The move divergent the background the danger of misunderstanding or misinterpreting.
6) Language/Semantics/Jargon: Some words may carry a different meaning to the respondent from what the conveyor intends e.g. professionals and highly technical groups tends to develop specialized language known as jargons cannot be easily understood by others.
Delimitation of Communication
Effective Communication occurs when a message is completely understood by its recipient. Communication encompasses most areas of life. It is used in both business and personal relationships.
Communication is intended to inform, persuade or inspire the listener. Some advantages of effective communication are: it provides direction, clarity and purpose.
i) Provides Direction: Effective Communication is able to give clear direction and vision. It accurately defines g
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ACCOUNTING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. OIL AND GAS ACCOUNTING IN NIGERIA (PACTICE, CHALLENGES, SOLUTIONS) (A CASE STUDY OF SHELL NIGERIA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Accounting regulatory bodies usually formulate industry specific standards when an industry has peculiar characteristic of ac...Continue Reading »
70 pages | 210 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
2. ANALYSIS OF FINANCIAL RATIOS AS AN AID TO ECONOMIC ANALYSIS (A Case Study Of Union Bank Plc Enugu)» Table Of Content Page Title Page Certification Page Dedication Acknowledgement Table Of Content Chapter One 1.o Introduction 1.1 Statement Of Problem ...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 151 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Career selection is one of many important choices students make in determining future plans. This...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 225 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Inventory management has posed a great concern to manufacturing firms. This will be attributed to the very nature of inventory as a major con...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 245 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
5. THE EFFECT OF INDUSTRIAL RELATION PRACTICE ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY IN THE PUBLIC SECTOR, CASE STUDY OF FEDERAL MINISTRY OF FINCANCE, ABUJA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Industrial relation has become formalized in the form of employment contract between the workers and the emplo...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 43 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
6. THE ROLE OF INTERNAL CONTROL SYSTEM AS AN AID TO MANAGEMENT DECISION MAKING ( A CASE STUDY OF UNILORIN BURSARY DEPARTMENT)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction 1.1 Background to the study Every organization both profit or non profit organization has its objectives and goals in min...Continue Reading »
82 pages | 115 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The banking industry has been known for its intermediary role in providing financial assistance (...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 229 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
8. A COMPARATIVE ANALYSIS OF THE IMPACT OF INVENTORY VALUATION METHODS ON FINANCIAL REPORT STATEMENT IN SOME MANUFACTURING COMPANIES IN ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT This research work was conducted on with special reference to the impact inventoryvaluation methods has on financial report statements of man...Continue Reading »
64 pages | 236 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
9. THE IMPACT OF FINANCIAL STATEMENT IN INVESTMENT DECISION. (A CASE STUDY OF CEMENT COMPANY OF NORTHERN NIGERIA SOKOTO).» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Corporate organizations owe a duty to fully disclose matters concerning their operations so as to aid investor...Continue Reading »
60 pages | 48 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING
» ABSTRACT Fraud in the Nigerian banking institution in seen by people as an enemy, moreover on their own assets even when they themselves are cleaver f...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 85 hits | Source: ACCOUNTING