Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 152 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The interaction between a pregnant mother and her developing baby are numerous and varied ranging from the food she eats to the kicks of the baby that she feels. What the developing baby feeds on goes a long way in determining its state of health at birth. For a pregnant mother to eat healthfully, she needs to have adequate knowledge of the different component of food. But if the knowledge is not put in practice, it becomes meaningless.
The major objective of this study therefore was to examine the nutritional knowledge and practice of the pregnant women in Onitsha North and South Local Government Areas of Anambra State. Because of the large number involved, and the fact that most of the hospital had no maternity, only two hundred and fifty expectant mothers were used. Eight specific objectives and corresponding research questions and six hypotheses were stated and used for the study.
The instrument for data collection was a questionnaire which had three sections. The personal data of the respondents, fourteen questions each on nutritional knowledge and practice respectively. The questionnaire responses on knowledge were two-point scale of Yes and No while that of practices were in three-point scale of “Practice Always”. “Do not practice” and “Practice Rarely”. Data were analyzed using correlation analysis, percentage, ANOVA and multiple t-test of paired comparison. The results showed that all the hypothesis of the study were rejected. The mean (x) percentage of the subjects who indicated knowledge of what constituted good nutrition was greater than those who indicated regular practice. Some correlation existed between the subject’s knowledge of nutrition and their nutritional practice. Education, age and parity influenced their knowledge and practices of nutrition. Based on these results some recommendations were made such as:- (a) Health educators and nutritionists should be invited to give health talks to pregnant women during antenatal clinic. (b) The age, educational level
and parity levels of these expectant mothers should be considered during the lessons.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The objective research work was to carry out an ergonomic assessment of the korope buses plying Osunroads, in other to determine their suitab...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF PUBLIC PIT TOILET SYSTEM AND ITS ASSOCIATED PROBLEMS (A CASE STUDY OF UDI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT A lot of public latrine poses a very serious problem to the people of Awka and also to other places across the country. The problem of open d...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY In Nigeria, the provision of health services for the citizenry is accorded a priority status by t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study The Kwara central zone is made up of Ilorin west, Ilorin east, Ilorin South, Asa and Mooro local gove...Continue Reading »
5. KNOWLEDGE OF THE CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ABAKALIKI L.G.A OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study aimed at ascertaining the causes and consequences of sexually transmitted infections among secondary school students in Abakaliki ...Continue Reading »
6. THE UTILIZATION OF PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES AMONG COMMUNITY HEALTH PRACTITIONERS IN YORRO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF TARABA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study According to the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (2013), Standing Orders are set of s...Continue Reading »
7. AN ASSESSMENT ON THE INCIDENCE OF ANEMIA AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN IN KARGI ROAD, SABON GARI TUDUN WADAD KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Education is the best legacy a nation can give to her citizens. It is generally believed that the...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The investigation carried out of Emmanuel Hospital Eket in Eket Local Government Area AkwaIbom State. Random sampling technique of 20 patient...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER I 1.0 Introduction This family case study was carried out at Primary Health Centre Kagoro, Kaduna South, where I did my rural practical experi...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project work which is all about the fungal infestation of bakery product BREAD, explain the kind or type of fungal organisms that are re...Continue Reading »