Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 152 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The interaction between a pregnant mother and her developing baby are numerous and varied ranging from the food she eats to the kicks of the baby that she feels. What the developing baby feeds on goes a long way in determining its state of health at birth. For a pregnant mother to eat healthfully, she needs to have adequate knowledge of the different component of food. But if the knowledge is not put in practice, it becomes meaningless.
The major objective of this study therefore was to examine the nutritional knowledge and practice of the pregnant women in Onitsha North and South Local Government Areas of Anambra State. Because of the large number involved, and the fact that most of the hospital had no maternity, only two hundred and fifty expectant mothers were used. Eight specific objectives and corresponding research questions and six hypotheses were stated and used for the study.
The instrument for data collection was a questionnaire which had three sections. The personal data of the respondents, fourteen questions each on nutritional knowledge and practice respectively. The questionnaire responses on knowledge were two-point scale of Yes and No while that of practices were in three-point scale of “Practice Always”. “Do not practice” and “Practice Rarely”. Data were analyzed using correlation analysis, percentage, ANOVA and multiple t-test of paired comparison. The results showed that all the hypothesis of the study were rejected. The mean (x) percentage of the subjects who indicated knowledge of what constituted good nutrition was greater than those who indicated regular practice. Some correlation existed between the subject’s knowledge of nutrition and their nutritional practice. Education, age and parity influenced their knowledge and practices of nutrition. Based on these results some recommendations were made such as:- (a) Health educators and nutritionists should be invited to give health talks to pregnant women during antenatal clinic. (b) The age, educational level
and parity levels of these expectant mothers should be considered during the lessons.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. KNOWLEDGE OF THE CAUSES AND CONSEQUENCES OF SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED INFECTIONS AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ABAKALIKI L.G.A OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study aimed at ascertaining the causes and consequences of sexually transmitted infections among secondary school students in Abakaliki ...Continue Reading »
2. THE ROLE OF MASS MEDIA IN ENLIGHTENING NURSING MOTHERS ON THE BENEFITS OF EXCLUSIVE BREAST FEEDING (EBF)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study The sustainable development of a country lies in how effective communication is. The media is a power...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study involved the investigation of the causes, effects and remedi of drug abuse among pregnant women with reference to Winners clinic, L...Continue Reading »
4. THE LEVEL OF KNOWLEDGE REGARDING ORAL HYGIENE AMONG PRIMARY SCHOOL CHILDREN IN RIMINGADO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KANO STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Dental caries is a disease with multi factorial causes the prevalence and incidence of dental cares i...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background Information Family planning is one of the most ―health promoting‖ and cost effective activities in public...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction It would be wiser to begin this study with the mentioning of advancement in technology which has changed virtually the wa...Continue Reading »
7. APPRAISAL OF THE KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE AND PRACTICE OF EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING BY MOTHERS IN KAJURU LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Breastfeeding is the ideal method suited for the physiological and psychological needs of an infant. ...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF PUBLIC PIT TOILET SYSTEM AND ITS ASSOCIATED PROBLEMS (A CASE STUDY OF UDI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN ENUGU STATE)» ABSTRACT A lot of public latrine poses a very serious problem to the people of Awka and also to other places across the country. The problem of open d...Continue Reading »
9. AWARENESS OF THE DANGERS OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY AND MOTHERHOOD AMONG TEENAGE MOTHERS IN IKA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT» The number of teenagers giving birth each year in Nigeria is increasing. Babies are seen dumped in toilet places, bushes and road sides. These babies ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Older persons are known for wisdom because they have experienced more days or years on earth more than others. At some point in live, the old...Continue Reading »