Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study was designed to determine the incidence of gastro-enteritis in Danwaire street Kaduna south local government of Kaduna state of Nigeria aims and objective were set up in order to achieve this study along with research question hypotheis, literature reviewed on the incidence of gastroenteritis in Dan waire Street Barnawa and how it can be controlled and prevented, the research design was survey design method and the population of the study area was fifty thousand (50,000) out of which one twenty (120) of the population was randomly selected and used to data collection using questionnaire which were validated and tested for reliability. Data were present and analysis using table and percentage, conclusion was drawn based on the finding of the research, the causes of gastroenteritis in the study area is as a result of ignorance, unhygiene and drinking of contaminated water and food and rate of typhoid is on all age group.
also recommendation were made to the community government, health workers. should engage the habit of purifying water before consumption so as to reduce. the spread of disease in the study area, and also to provide free drug becuases of the high price of the drug.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page - - - - - - - - - - i
Declaration - - - - - - - - - - ii
Approval page - - - - - - - - - iii
Dedication - - - - - - - - - - iv
Acknowledgement - - - - - - - - v
Abstract - - - - - - - - - - - vi
Table of contents - - - - - - - - - vii
Introduction - - - - - - - - -
Background of the study - - - - - - - -
Statement of the problem - - - - - - -
Purpose of the study - - - - - - - -
Significant of the study - - - - - - - -
Research question - - - - - - - - -
Scope of the study - - - - - - - -
Definition of terms - - - - - - - -
Limitation of the study - - - - - - - -
Introduction - - - - - - - - - -
Literature review - - - - - - - - - -
Definition - - - - - - - - - -
Sign and symptoms - - - - - - - -
Epidemiology - - - - - - - - -
Diagnosis - - - - - - - - - -
Treatment - - - - - - - - - -
Complication - -- - - - - - - -
summary of literature review - - - - - - -
Research methodology - - - - - - - -
Introduction - - - - - - - - -
Research design - - - - - - - - -
Area of the study - - - - - - - - -
Population of the study - - - - - - - -
Sample and sampling techniques - - - - - -
Instrument for data collection - - - - - - -
Data collection Procedure - - - - - - -
Validity of the instrument - - - - - - -
Rehabilitee of the instrument - - - - - - -
Data presentation and analysis - - - - - - -
Result - - - - - - - - - -
Summary Conclusion and Recommendation - - - - -
Introduction - - - - - - - - -
Summary - - - - - - - - - -
Discussion - - - - - - - - - -
Finding - - - - - - - - - -
Implication - - - - - - - - - -
Recommendation - - - - - - - - -
Conclusion - - - - - - - - - -
References - - - - - - - - - -
Appendix i introductory letter - - - - - - -
Appendix ii questionnaire - - - - - - -
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Gastro enteritis also knows as infections diarrhea, it can be defines as inflammations of the gastrointestinal tract that involves the stomach and small intestine.
Gastroenteritis is the inflammations of the stomach and intestine usually, causing upset that last for two or three days.
Enteritis epidemic diarrhea as if is also termed, summary diarrhea is an acute infection inflammations conditions of the intestine due to several organism it affect infant and children mainly under the age of two and most common during the hot months of the years when flies and dusts are present in great quality and when infections of food, particularly milk is therefore most likely to occur the unset is sudden with diarrhea vomiting, toxemic and dehydrations infant admitted with this condition present with rapid pulse. Thread and compressible, dehydration isalso indicated by sunken eyes boat shaped. Abdomens sunken Fontanilla and inelastic skin, thirst prostration coma, and relief can be obtained the immortality rate will be high (Evelyn Pearce 2010).
Gastro enteritis is an infections of stomach, and bowel ( large intestine) cause by bacteria’s and virus ( google search 2013)
Bacteria such as shigella or pathogenicescherichacoli may be implicated but sometimes no pathogens are founds occasionallyviruses have been isolated from specimen of faces it is common among children of age but infants are especially at risk due dehydration and electrolyte imbalanceevely peace).
Gastro enteritis is an acute inflammation of the stomach and intestine microorganism such as salmonella bacillus, staphylococcus parasite. Ground worm (chemical irritant e.g excessive alcohol) rarely the condition may be
Attributed to allergies reaction to a certain food in drug this signs and symptoms include diarrhea and vomiting abdominal scrimp, abdominal tenderness and pain, fever and tencosytosi (Watson 2002).
the inflammation of the stomach and intestine usually cause sudden upset that last for two to three days dysentery typhoid fever, cholera, food poison and travelers’ diarrhea are act forms of gastro-enteritis the unless may be caused by any of a variety of bacteria, bacteria toxins, viruses and others organisms in food and water, appetite loss, nauseas vomiting cramps and diarrhea are the usually sing and symptoms unset severity depend on the cause symptoms may be mild or so severe that dehydration, shock and collapse occur mild cases usually require rest and rehydration therapy only, for severe cases treatment in hospital may be necessary with fluids given by intravenous infusion. Antibiotic drugs may be given for some bacterial infection but others need no specific treatment (medical dictionary first UK edition).
Gastro enteritis can also be describe as one of the most fatal disease found in the tropics which is associated with dirty environment it is a very serious abdominal disease and during epidemic thousand die within a few days it is characterized by sudden onset toxemia, vomiting and frequent copious watery
Evacuation from the bowel resulting in repaid and extreme dehydration in children fluid is offering retain and may be evacuated
(Balitere Tinda) define gastro-enteritis as the inflammation of the stomach and intestine due to viral or bacterial infections infatile gastro enteritis is an acute condition of diarrhea and vomiting producing severe dehydration the cause may be dietetic, infection or parenteral when the condition is second to infections or elsewhere in the body e.gotitis media (Baliere Tindaln1992).
From my experience as a student in training in a primary health care centre in the rural areas where mothers bring their condition with extreme cases of gastro-enteritis the mothers usually attribute the cause to teething problem the fact is not the mode of transmission and presentation of gastro enteritis is not to many rural dwellers had stimulated me to do a research work on this topic in order to create awareness as to the cause made of transmission and prevention of the disease.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Gastroenteritis is a disease that affect all age group which include children, adult and old age and also infants all sex both male and female. The federal state and local government opened time and money in ensuring well sanitized water for human consumptions and proper environment sanitation which are the measure key in controlling gastro enteritis up on that gastroenteritis exist in the study area which cause and adverse effect in all age. Therefore I will like to find out the cause of particular disease in the study area.
1.3 purpose of the study
To know the complication and epidemiology of the disease
To know the factors in preventing the occurrence of gastro enteritis in the study area
To identify the cause of gastro enteritis in the study area.
To know the factors preventing the occurance of gastroenteritis in the area.
Health educated the community about the causes and preventive measure.
1.4 Significant of the study
Studies have been shown that serious action has been take in reducing the rate of this disease.
Therefore I wish to research of this study will help to achieve the following;
The study will help the people to know the causes preventing control and treatment of gastro enteritis in the study area.
Government should be recommend to fight against gastro enterits or any water born disease in the study area.
1.5 Research question and hypothesis
Poverty be the basic major cause of causing gastro enteritis in the study area.
Does the ignorance be the factors of causing gastroenteritis?
Yes ignorance can be the factor causing gastroenteritis
Can contaminated water be a factor of causing gastroenteritis
Yes contaminated water is one of the factors causing gastro enteritis
Does improtected food ensuring gastroenteritis
Yes unwell protected food can cause gastroenteritis
Can gastroenteritis be cured
Yes it can be cured when treated correctly
Does unwell cooked food cause gastroenteritis
Yes unwell cooked food can lead to gastroenteritis
Is there particular season for gastroenteritis
No but gastroenteritis occur mostly during the hot season.
Does behaviors of government attributed the increase of gastro enteritis in the area of the study
No if reduce the occurrence of the disease in the area
Does behavior of people in the area contribute to the occurrence of gastroenteritis
Yes behaviors of people contributed to the occurrence of gastroenteritis
Does gastroenteritis affect only infant
No if affect all age group
Can unhygienic environment contributed in occurrence of gastroenteritis
Yes unhygienic environment contributed in occurrence of the disease
1.6 Scope of the study
The scope of this research covers the evaluation of gastroenteritis in Danwaire Street Barnawa Kaduna south local government under the following
Causative agent/vector / pathogens
Mode of transmission
Prevention and control
Sign and symptoms
1.7 Definition of terms
* Gastroenteritis: is the inflammations of gastroenteritis tract which are stomach and intestine
* Pathogen: this Is the organism that cause the disease
* Sanitation: this is an arrangement that to protect public health
* Transmission: mode of the spread of the disease
* Dysentery: an infection of the intestinal tract causing severe diarrhea with blood and mucus
* Diarrhea: the passing of soft watery stool greater than three times a days
* Inflammation: redness, swelling, heat and pain in a tissue due to injuring or infection
*Epidemic: the appearance of a particular disease in a very large number of people during the same period of time
* Stomach: it’s an organism in body where food is digested.
* Infection: to cause disease in (someone) by introducing organism such as bacteria and virus.
1.8 The limitation of the study
The limitation of this study cover is knowing the causes, preventing sign and symptoms incubations period as well as treatment of gastroenteritis in the research study of danwaire street barnawakaduna south
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE STUDY OF EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING AMONG NURSING MOTHERS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED NURSING MOTHERS IN ENUGU STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION TECHNICAL)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Breast feeding which is the act of feeding babies with breast milk. This is a universal cultural practice among human species...Continue Reading »
2. KNOWLEDGE, ATTITUDE AND PRACTICE OF PATIENT TEACHING AMONG NURSES WORKING IN TERTIARY HEALTH INSTITUTIONS IN ENUGU» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to determine the knowledge, attitude and practice of patient teaching among nurses working in selected tertiary he...Continue Reading »
3. THE ROLE OF MEDICAL IMAGING IN DIAGNOSING TUBERCULOSIS, A CASE STUDY AT SHEHU MUHAMMAD KANGIWA MEDICAL CENTER [S.M.K.M.C]» ABSTRACT A research was conducted to know the role of medical imaging in diagnosing tuberculosis, were 30 questionnaires are shared to the department ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nutritional knowledge has been proven to play a very vital role in adopting optimal nutrition pra...Continue Reading »
5. OBESITY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Obesity can be defined as an excess of Body Fat (BF). There is no consensus on a cutoff point for excess fatness of ...Continue Reading »
6. INCIDENCE OF GASTRO-ENTERITIS IN DANWAIRE STREET BARNAWA KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The study was designed to determine the incidence of gastro enteritis in Danwaire street Kaduna south local government of Kaduna state of Nig...Continue Reading »
7. THE CONDOM USE CAMPAIGN AND ITS INFLUENCE IN THE SEXUAL LIFE OF STUDENTS OF UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA, NSUKKA» ABSTRACT This study examined condom use campaign and its influence in the sexual life of students of University of Nigeria, Nsukka.The objectives of t...Continue Reading »
» Sanitation practice implication on students health in Enugu State College of Education (Technical) has been the desire of every right thinking for goo...Continue Reading »
9. THE PERCEPTION OF PARENTS ACCEPTANCE OF IMMUNIZATION IN MACHINA-MACHINA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF YOBE STATE» ABSTRACT The increased demand for information and communication technology (ICT) in banking sector became imminent and unavoidable in the world at lar...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Malaria is a potentially deadly disease characterized by cyclical bouts of fever with muscle stiffness, s...Continue Reading »