The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 26 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
This project was carried out in kinkinau, Kaduna south Local Government area Kaduna state, on incidence of hyperemesis gravideruim among pregnant women. There were many remarkable achievements on that, but yet there is problem because some women did not know how to treat themselves from hyperemesis gravideruim. All efforts has been made to guide them but to no avail.
Among the common disorders of pregnancy hyper emesis gravidarium is very notorious. It is a common disorder in pregnancy which matures system like vomiting, nausea, It usually occurs at any time during pregnancy. The vomiting in most of the time related to the pregnancy state and is classified as simple vomiting of pregnancy (milder types) and hyperemesis qravidarium (severe type). This has been marked fall in the incidence during the last 30 years now the incidence is less than one 1000 pregnancy.
The patient may vomit throughout the day until she empties both the stomach and duodenal contents and this may lead to loss of appetite and inadequate intake of food. The patient general state of health is usually affected and a state of malnutrition and metabolic disturbance may be fatal Ojo and Briggs (1982). The cause of vomiting in 50 percent of pregnant women is not known, now it is known why the mild state of nausea and vomiting in the morning result in hyperemesis gravidarium in some women or not It has been particularly increased estrogen level. It could be psychological origin as in the case of unwanted pregnancy multiple pregnancy and also histamine and histamine related substance are said to have an axiological role in hyperemesis gravidarium the prognosis is good if patient seek early medical care from the books of midwives topic second edition and medicine world organization in early pregnancy ObstetGynecol1985.
v BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Kinkinau community is one of the largest local government areas in Kaduna state. The people living in kinkinau community are predominantly Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Nupe and Ibrah most of them are muslims and predominant occupation are Business, Trading, Farming and Driving
v STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
These projects on incident of hyperemesis gravidarium in kinkinau area some of the problem that is associated with hyperemesis gravidarium that motivate the researcher to go in the study has to do with physical and psychological changes that is brought about the result of malnutrition, dehydration , persistent nausea and vomiting regular morning sickness weight loss entices.
v PURPOSES OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the study is to discover new knowledge about hyperemesis gravidarium and improve the techniques of management, also to give sufficient amount of calories needed for patient with this condition to prevent starvation and dehydration on affected mother and also to ensure prompt care and reduce morbidity rate.
v SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
To recognize the possible complication of hyperemesis gravidarium in pregnant women to diagnose immediate health workers needs of pregnant women with hyperemesis gravidarium, counsel clients and their immediate families on prevention and control of hyperemesis gravidarium. To educate public on general cause and hazard of hyperemesis gravidarium
v RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i. Is the prognosis good or poor?
ii. What is the cause of the condition?
iii. Does it have effect on the mother and growing fetus?
iv. Is hyperemesis gravidarium preventable?
v SCOPE OF STUDY
The study is conducted in Kinkinau community under the Kaduna south local government area of Kaduna state with the aim of improving health and nutritional status of pregnant women on the incidence of hyperemesis gravidarium and also to prevent dehydration in affected mother during pregnancy
v DEFINITION OF TERMS
· Pregnancy:The study in which a woman carry a developing fetus in the uterus with a normal period of 280 days or 9 months
· Nausea : Sensation of sickness with indication to vomit
· Vomiting: Expulsion of content of the stomach the rough the mouth.
· Trimester: a period of three months
· Hyperemesis gravidarium: it is a excessive vomiting in pregnancy occurring in the first trimester.
· Histamine: A chemical substance produce when tissue is injured
· Hormone: A chemical substance secreted in to the blood stream by a endocrine gland and excreting as effect on some other part of the body.
· Woman: Is the person or individual human being that is able to produce an egg and nurse it.
· Anemia: Since there is vomiting there will be inability of the stomach to secrete the factor necessary for absorption of vitamin B12 from the client and this will lead to anemia.
· Due to excessive vomiting there will be fluid from the body of the pregnant woman she will be dehydrated.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SCHOOLS IN BWARI AREA COUNCIL, FCT ABUJA)CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Physical and Health Education ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 125 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT This work on Qualitative Analysis of Drinking Water and its Health implications was conducted in Enugu Urban. This work was prompted by the c...Continue Reading »
169 pages | 17 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
3. AN ASSESSMENT ON THE CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF POSTPARTUM HAEMORRHAGE AMONG WOMEN OF CHILD BEARING AGE IN BABBARIKA FULATAN ROGO LOCAL GOVERNMENT IN KANO ...» ABSTRACT Every woman expericnes bleeding following child birth. However, if woman bleeds too much after given birth, it can lead to potentially life t...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 111 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT The investigation carried out of Emmanuel Hospital Eket in Eket Local Government Area AkwaIbom State. Random sampling technique of 20 patient...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 110 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION An adequate supply of safe drinking water is one of the major prerequisites for a healthy life, but waterborne diseases i...Continue Reading »
36 pages | 110 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
6. THE UTILIZATION OF PROFESSIONAL ATTRIBUTES AMONG COMMUNITY HEALTH PRACTITIONERS IN YORRO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF TARABA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study According to the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (2013), Standing Orders are set of s...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 46 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
7. FACTORS INFLUENCING THE UTILIZATION OF PREVENTION OF MOTHER–TO-CHILD TRANSMISSION (PMCTC) SERVICES AMONG PREGNANT WOMEN ATTENDING CLINIC AT CHIROMA ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Human Immunodeficiency Virus/Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (HIV/AIDS) has a devastating eff...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
8. INCIDENCE OF LOW BIRTH WEIGHT AMONG WOMAN OF CHILD BEARING AGE IN ABAJI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA F.C.T ABUJA» ABSTRACT The study was designed to determine the incidence of gastro enteritis in Danwaire street Kaduna south local government of Kaduna state of Nig...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 137 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
9. SANITATION PRACTICES AND IMPLICATION ON STUDENTS HEALTH (Case Study Of Enugu State College Of Education (Technical) Enugu)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY: World Health Organization defined sanitation as the means of collecting and disposing excreta and community l...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 0 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION
10. HALITOSIS AMONG STUDENT IN SHEHU IDRIS COLLEGE OF HEALTH SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY, MAKARFI, KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Halitosis or most commonly bad breath are terms used to describe noticeably unpleasant odor exhaled i...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 247 hits | Source: HEALTH EDUCATION