Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 26 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project was carried out in kinkinau, Kaduna south Local Government area Kaduna state, on incidence of hyperemesis gravideruim among pregnant women. There were many remarkable achievements on that, but yet there is problem because some women did not know how to treat themselves from hyperemesis gravideruim. All efforts has been made to guide them but to no avail.
Among the common disorders of pregnancy hyper emesis gravidarium is very notorious. It is a common disorder in pregnancy which matures system like vomiting, nausea, It usually occurs at any time during pregnancy. The vomiting in most of the time related to the pregnancy state and is classified as simple vomiting of pregnancy (milder types) and hyperemesis qravidarium (severe type). This has been marked fall in the incidence during the last 30 years now the incidence is less than one 1000 pregnancy.
The patient may vomit throughout the day until she empties both the stomach and duodenal contents and this may lead to loss of appetite and inadequate intake of food. The patient general state of health is usually affected and a state of malnutrition and metabolic disturbance may be fatal Ojo and Briggs (1982). The cause of vomiting in 50 percent of pregnant women is not known, now it is known why the mild state of nausea and vomiting in the morning result in hyperemesis gravidarium in some women or not It has been particularly increased estrogen level. It could be psychological origin as in the case of unwanted pregnancy multiple pregnancy and also histamine and histamine related substance are said to have an axiological role in hyperemesis gravidarium the prognosis is good if patient seek early medical care from the books of midwives topic second edition and medicine world organization in early pregnancy ObstetGynecol1985.
v BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Kinkinau community is one of the largest local government areas in Kaduna state. The people living in kinkinau community are predominantly Hausa, Yoruba, Igbo, Nupe and Ibrah most of them are muslims and predominant occupation are Business, Trading, Farming and Driving
v STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
These projects on incident of hyperemesis gravidarium in kinkinau area some of the problem that is associated with hyperemesis gravidarium that motivate the researcher to go in the study has to do with physical and psychological changes that is brought about the result of malnutrition, dehydration , persistent nausea and vomiting regular morning sickness weight loss entices.
v PURPOSES OF THE STUDY
The purpose of the study is to discover new knowledge about hyperemesis gravidarium and improve the techniques of management, also to give sufficient amount of calories needed for patient with this condition to prevent starvation and dehydration on affected mother and also to ensure prompt care and reduce morbidity rate.
v SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
To recognize the possible complication of hyperemesis gravidarium in pregnant women to diagnose immediate health workers needs of pregnant women with hyperemesis gravidarium, counsel clients and their immediate families on prevention and control of hyperemesis gravidarium. To educate public on general cause and hazard of hyperemesis gravidarium
v RESEARCH QUESTIONS
i. Is the prognosis good or poor?
ii. What is the cause of the condition?
iii. Does it have effect on the mother and growing fetus?
iv. Is hyperemesis gravidarium preventable?
v SCOPE OF STUDY
The study is conducted in Kinkinau community under the Kaduna south local government area of Kaduna state with the aim of improving health and nutritional status of pregnant women on the incidence of hyperemesis gravidarium and also to prevent dehydration in affected mother during pregnancy
v DEFINITION OF TERMS
· Pregnancy:The study in which a woman carry a developing fetus in the uterus with a normal period of 280 days or 9 months
· Nausea : Sensation of sickness with indication to vomit
· Vomiting: Expulsion of content of the stomach the rough the mouth.
· Trimester: a period of three months
· Hyperemesis gravidarium: it is a excessive vomiting in pregnancy occurring in the first trimester.
· Histamine: A chemical substance produce when tissue is injured
· Hormone: A chemical substance secreted in to the blood stream by a endocrine gland and excreting as effect on some other part of the body.
· Woman: Is the person or individual human being that is able to produce an egg and nurse it.
· Anemia: Since there is vomiting there will be inability of the stomach to secrete the factor necessary for absorption of vitamin B12 from the client and this will lead to anemia.
· Due to excessive vomiting there will be fluid from the body of the pregnant woman she will be dehydrated.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR HEALTH EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Malnutrition is a term which refers to both under nutrition (sub nutrition) and over nutrition (obesi...Continue Reading »
» ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work examines theatre as a tool for communicating hand washing among primary school pupils in an attempt to assessing the impor...Continue Reading »
4. THE STUDY OF EXCLUSIVE BREASTFEEDING AMONG NURSING MOTHERS (A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED NURSING MOTHERS IN ENUGU STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION TECHNICAL)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Breast feeding which is the act of feeding babies with breast milk. This is a universal cultural practice among human species...Continue Reading »
5. AWARENESS OF THE DANGERS OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY AND MOTHERHOOD AMONG TEENAGE MOTHERS IN IKA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT» The number of teenagers giving birth each year in Nigeria is increasing. Babies are seen dumped in toilet places, bushes and road sides. These babies ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.Background to the study The poverty problem in Nigeria has been noted to be a growing phenomenon and has widened its brea...Continue Reading »
7. AN EVALUATION OF HEALTH AND SAFETY POLICY IN THE PUBLIC SERVICE (A CASE STUDY OF ONDO STATE CIVIL SERVICES)» ABSTRACT The research proffer an evaluation of health and safety policy in the public service.A health and safety policy is a written statement by an ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Teenage pregnancy can be defined as pregnancy occurring in a girl between the ages of 13 – ...Continue Reading »
9. THE ROLE OF MEDICAL IMAGING IN DIAGNOSING TUBERCULOSIS, A CASE STUDY AT SHEHU MUHAMMAD KANGIWA MEDICAL CENTER [S.M.K.M.C]» ABSTRACT A research was conducted to know the role of medical imaging in diagnosing tuberculosis, were 30 questionnaires are shared to the department ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Malaria is a potentially deadly disease characterized by cyclical bouts of fever with muscle stiffness, s...Continue Reading »