Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 55 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The main concern of this study was to final out the teenage pregnancy and how it affects the educational development of our teenagers in Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna state. The study emphasized on the factor behind teenage pregnancy in the local government. The study revealed that teenage pregnancy is as a result of the following, teenage girls having relationship with older male counterparts, watching pornographic films without adult guidance, giving them out in marriage to prevent them from prostituting inadequate information on sex education. The study indicated that despite the attitudes parents towards teaching of sex education, there were some problems, which need to be seriously looked into by the Kaduna state government, such as the inclusion of sex education at home or at school. The study also emphasized on the attitudes of the local government area on the concept on teenage pregnancy and it was discovered by the researcher that sex education is need in the Nation’s school in view of the current incidence of teenage pregnancies, child abandonment, illegal abortion, rape and sexually transmitted diseases.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Title page - - - - - - - - - i
Declaration - - - - - - - - - ii
Approval page - - - - - - - - - iii
Dedication - - - - - - - - - iv
Acknowledgement- - - - - - - - v
Abstract - - - - - - - - - - vi
Table of contents - - - - - - - - vii
List of tables - - - - - - - - - ix
1.0 Introduction- - - - - - - - - 1
1.1 Statement of the problem - - - - - 3
- Significance of the study - - - - - - 4
- Research questions - - - - - - - 4
- Delimitation of the study- - - - - - - 5
- Limitation of study
CHAPTER TWO – Literature Review
- Concept of teenage pregnancy - - - - - 7
- Disadvantages of teenage pregnancy - - - 10
CHAPTER THREE –Research Methodology
- Introduction - - - - - - - - - 15
- Research instrument - - - - - - 15
- Population and sample selection - - - - - 16
- Procedure of data collection - - - - - 17
- Treatment of data - - - - - - - 18
CHAPTER FOUR – Presentation and Analysis of Data
- Findings - - - - - - - - - 19
- Analysis of Data Base on
Respondents Demographic Information - - - 19
- Concept of Teenage Pregnancy Based on Research
Questions - - - - - - - - 21
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Teenage Pregnancy - 27
CHAPTER FIVE – Summary, Conclusion & Recommendations
5.0 Summary - - - - -- - - - 29
- Conclusion- - - - - - - - - 30
- Recommendations - - - - - - - - 31
References - - - - - - - - 33
Appendix A - - - - - - - - - 34
Appendix B - - - - - - - - - 35
LIST OF TABLES
TABLE 1: Respondent’s Name Of District
TABLE 2: Respondent’s Sex
TABLE 3: Respondent’s Age
TABLE 4: Respondent’s view on free assess to pornographic films without the presence of adult guidance on sex education causes teenage pregnancy
TABLE 5: Respondent’s view on teenage pregnancy occur as a result of relationship with older male counterparts
TABLE 6: Respondent’s view on does cultural upbringing and religious inclination affect teenage pregnancy
TABLE 7: Respondent’s view on does teenage pregnancy affect young girls performance in school
TABLE 8: Respondent’s view on are there adequate knowledge and proper guidance on teenage pregnancy
TABLE 9: Respondent’s view on teenage girls should not be given sex education before they reach maturity
TABLE 10: Respondent’s view on it is Immoral to talk About Sex
TABLE 11: Respondent’s view on reproductive organs of teenage girls should be allowed to mature before given them out in marriage
TABLE 12: Respondent’s view on early marriage are contracted to prevent teenage girls from prostituting
TABLE 13: Respondent’s view on teenage pregnancy encourages early marriage and early fertility
TABLE 14: Respondent’s view on teenage pregnancy imposes a permanent damage or disadvantage to the victim.
Baldwin (1950) viewed teenage stage, as a period where reactivation of the `sexual drives that has been inactive during the latency period. He said teenagers are on the boundary between childhood and adulthood and they are faced with the choice of a whole way of life in terms of their job, their ethics and so forth. He further said that to find this in the face of many alternative roles, individuals must decide what they want to do and whether they are able to do it, they must take responsibility for decisions that may shape the rest of their life or destroy it. And to take this independent step, persons need a real sense of identity of their own worth as individuals and their esteem and he said our culture does not make it easy for our teenagers to take this step in life.
Watson and Lindgren (1979) gave the definition of a teenager simply as the period or stage of development that separates childhood from adulthood. They said it is also difficult to indicate the limits of a teenager; at what point does it begins and what point does it end, they said the characteristics of a teenager first shows themselves about 10, 11, or 12 years of age with the subtle changes In behaviour and appearance, then it becomes most obvious at puberty with the start of the menstrual cycle in girls.
Longman dictionary of contemporary English (1995) gave a definition of pregnancy as the period of time when a woman is pregnant while pregnant on the other hand having an unborn baby growing inside an individuals body. So therefore, teenage pregnancy is a period of time by which a girl is carrying or having an unborn baby growing inside her womb.
World Health Organization (2004) opined that a teenager is a person between 15-19 years of age, they said it is a period where an individual is shaped and prepared for adulthood responsibilities they said also that there are advantages and disadvantages of teenage pregnancy or having a baby at ones teenage stage, they went ahead to say that when you are younger the benefits are usually associated with greater fertility a more healthy pregnancy and a quicker recovery after birth. But the down side is that your social life, education and training can be severely disrupted just when it might be taking off into an interesting direction. Moreso, they said some teenagers are much more capable of looking after a child than the older women because late motherhood or late pregnancy has a greater risk of complications in the pregnancy and reduce fertility. Being older, they said can also be more exhausting looking after growing children.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This study was concerned with the advantages and disadvantages of teenage pregnancy in Kaura Local Government Area of Kaduna State. For clarity of purposes:-
- Teenage girls do not have adequate knowledge of protecting themselves from unwanted pregnancy.
- Given them out in marriage early and then using the benefits they get from the girls husband to train their male children in school.
- Their male counterparts taken advantage of them by abusing them sexually.
- Leaving school because of unwanted pregnancy.
- Giving them out in marriage early to prevent them from prostituting.
- Getting pregnant even when their reproductive organs have not fully developed.
1.2 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
Teenage pregnancy has continued to be a major concern not to Kaduna teenage girls only but also to Nigeria at large. This study may then serve as a pioneer efforts towards the understanding of teenage pregnancy to Kaura Local Government Area. The result of the study may help policy makers particularly, educational planners in Kaduna State to design more appropriate instructional Programmes on teenage pregnancy.
The result of the study may also help to highlight some of the diseases that are associated with teenage pregnancy like Vesico Virgina Fistular (VVF) and Rector Virgina fistular (RVF). The study may also provide the basis for further research on teenage pregnancy.
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTIONS
- Teenage pregnancies occur as a result of relationship with older male counterparts.
- Free assess to pornographic films without the presence of adult guidance on sex education.
- Are there adequate knowledge and proper guidance on teenage pregnancy.
- Are there any benefits and dangers of teenage pregnancy to teenage girls and the society at large.
- Does cultural upbringing and religious inclination affect teenage pregnancy.
- Does teenage pregnancy affect young girls performance in school.
At the time of the study there were a thousand staff working with Kaura local government area. These were: four hundred (400) were senior staff, three hundred(300) were junior staff and the rest were messengers, cleaners and security men.
However, this study was limited to two(2) areas in Kaura local government area.
- Transportation to Kaura local government to collect information for the study posed a problem to the researcher.
- Lack of fund posed a major constraint during the conduct of the study.
- The poor weather with the slippery condition of the untarred roads made traveling difficult during the study.
- Some local government staff were shy to talk about teenage pregnancy with the researcher.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GUIDANCE COUNSELING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. IMPACT OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING PROGRAMME ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS.» 1CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The need for guidance and counselling services in all secondary schools cannot be overstated due...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING ON CAREER CHOICE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The innovative aspect of the new secondary educational programme is the importance attained to gu...Continue Reading »
3. CURBING INCIDENCE OF DRUGS AND SUBSTANCE ABUSE AMONG THE ADOLESCENTS IN MBAIKYOR COUNCIL WARD OF KWANDE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF BENUE STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Most of the unpleasant youths activities, which surfaces all countries in the world, are precipitated...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe study investigated the social, economic and psychological challenges of single parent family in Ijebu Ode Local Government Area of Ogun St...Continue Reading »
5. INFLUENCE OF HOSTEL SQUATTING ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE, INTERPERSONAL RELATIONSHIP AND EMOTIONAL ADJUSTMENT OF UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS» ABSTRACTThis study investigated the the influence of hostel squatting on academic performance, interpersonal relationship and emotional adjustment of ...Continue Reading »
6. INFLUENCE OF FAMILY STABILITY AND INSTABILITY ON SCHOOL ATTENDANCE AND ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ZAMFARA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Stability is the state of being, consistent, upright, tranquil, well established. Instability, on...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Introduction Background to the Study The occurrence of suicidal behaviours across the world is one of the worst public health challenges c...Continue Reading »
8. DETERMINANTS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AMONG MARRIAGE S IN OGUN STATE-A CASE STUDY OF ABEOKUTA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to evaluate the determinants of domestic violence in marriages of Ogun State using Abeokuta South Local Government...Continue Reading »
» : A CASE STUDY OF OKITIPUPA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ONDO STATE ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to find the impact of guidance services on seco...Continue Reading »
10. THE IMPACT OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELING SERVICES ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE AND CAREER CHOICE IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACT The research was undertaken to justify the effectiveness or otherwise of counseling services in sokoto metropolis, the research method used i...Continue Reading »