Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 40 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This report is concerned with work done and the skills acquired during the student industrial training which is primarily on survey and town planning, principles of town planning and procedures for effective planning . This and many more are all enlisted in the work, the meaning of siwes and its relevance to the student.
The student industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) is the accepted skill program which form part of the approved minimum academic standard in the various degree program for all Nigerian universities, its an effort to bridge the gap between theories and practicals of engineering and technology, science agriculture, medical management and other professional educational program in the Nigeria tertiary institution.
However the purpose is to expose student to a real practical aspect of what they learnt in the various schools so that they can adopt readily for the labour world, the student are being supervised by the ITF (Industrial Training Fund) and are being paid after the completion of the training and the student are also expected to write a report on the knowledge they acquired during the exercise in their various part of the training. I am writing this report based on the experience i acquired at the Ministry of Lands, survey and housing Benin City, Edo state based on survey and town planning.
1.1 AIMS OF THE REPORT
The aim of this report is to access the experience of the student during the work training by the institution for the student to produce the summary of the experience acquired during the exercise writing.
Survey is the act of making measurement in the field for the purpose of producing a map, plan or estimate of an area, it is primarily concerned with determination of linear and angular measurement with a view to know the plan of an area, in other works survey is the technology, profession and science of accurately determining the terrestrial or three dimensional position of points and the distance and angles between them, these points are usually on the surface of the earth and they are often used to establish landmaps boundaries for ownership or government purpose.
Survey is divided primarily into 2 Geodetic and plane surveying. In geodesy, the earth is considered a sphere in geodetic surveying the curature of the earth is taken into consideration so that knowledge of spherical geometry is acquired, the survey of countries are based on this method, in plane survey, the area under consideration in an horizontal plane, here, knowledge of trigonometry is required, the use of plane surveying include the measurement of area, making the plans by civil engineering, builders, architect s, town planners etc.
Town planning on the other hand is the art and science of ordering the use of land on the character or siting of a building and communication routes so as to secure the maximum practicable degree of economic convenience and beauty.
1.3 RELEVANCE OF WORK EXPERIENCE
The relevance of work experience cannot be over emphasized for it exposes the student to work, method and techniques in handling equipment and machines that may not be available in the universities.
It also provides students with an opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge in real work situation thereby bridging the gap between university work, actual practices and to prepare student for the work situation they are likely to meet after graduation.
The ministry of lands, survey and housing is one of the oldest ministries in the state as it was created in 1963 during the former mid-western region of the first republic, it is the arm of government charged with responsibilities of land administration, management of government properties, within and outside the state as well as the provision of housing, delivery on the joint platform of public private partnership (ppp) for housing estate in the state.
1.4 STRUCTURE OF THE MINISTRY
The ministry is structured into offices, departments and units as follows;
a) Office of the Honourable Commissioner
b) Office of the permanent secretary
c) Five departments
i. Department of administration and supplies
ii. Department of finance and account
iii. Department of town planning (state, capital development)
iv. Department of survey
v. Department of town planning
i. Internal audit
ii. Public relations
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This research project is an assessment of built up expansion in Usmanu Danfodiyo University, Sokoto from 2007 to 2015. Data for this research...Continue Reading »
2. ANASSESSMENT OF THE ROLE OF ROAD TRANSPORT IN THE MOVEMENT OF AGRICULTURAL PRODUCE IN MAKARFI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAOF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT There is inadequacy in the number of vehicles to convey farm outputs from farms to markets in Nigeria. Roads are generally inadequate and ver...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Nigeria population is currently estimated at 192 million individuals with growth rate of 2.5% against...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1. 1 Background of the Study Soil is one of the world‘s greatest resource. It has been described as a natural body of a...Continue Reading »
5. DIGITAL TOPOGRAPHIC MAP OF KADUNA STATE UNIVERSITY, FACULTY OF SCIENCE COVERAGE AREA WITH THE VIEW OF SHOWING (RELIEF, NATURAL AND ARTIFICIAL FEATURES...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1.0.1 MAP A map is a pictorial, diagram or analogue (or all) of the surface of the earth (or othe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Introduction Urbanization is the process by which large numbers of people become permanently conc...Continue Reading »
7. EFFECTS OF CHANGES IN COCOA PRODUCTION ON FARMERS LIVELIHOOD IN EMURE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EKITI STATE NIGERIA» ABSTRACT There is a growing demand for the resuscitation of the cocoa industry in Nigeria largely due to the dwindling of the foreign exchange earning...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction Despite constitutional provisions and discussions on regional and international human rights treatie...Continue Reading »
9. ASSESSMENT OF IMPROVED WATER AND SANITATION COVERAGE IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The study is an assessment of improved water and sanitation coverage in Kaduna South, Nigeria. Due to rapid urban and population growth, sani...Continue Reading »
10. CLIMATE CHANGE AWARENESS AND ATTITUDE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN UMUAHIA EDUCATION ZONE, ABIA STATE.» Abstract This research was a descriptive survey aimed at determining the climate change awareness and attitude of senior secondary school students in ...Continue Reading »