Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The importance of credit in agricultural production cannot be over-emphasized. Farmers in Agatu Local Government Area despite being an agrarian society have unequal access to institutional credit facilities hence utilization varies. This study is on access and utilization of institutional credit among farmers in Agatu Local Government Area of Benue State. This study was conducted using questionnaire and proportionate stratified sampling technique was adopted for questionnaire administration at the ward level which was used to select 399 farmers. Focus Group Discussion (FGD) was also conducted to give credence to the data gotten from the questionnaire. The data were analysed using both descriptive and inferential statistics using frequency, percentages and multiple regression.Resultsshowed that majority of the farmers access credit facilities to aid them in their farming activities (73.3%), especially for those who look forward to making use of machinery and mercenaries on their farm. High interest rate and insufficient amount (44.7%) on the part of the formal institutions, sentiments and higher interest rate (54.2%) on the part of the informal institutions are some of the challenges farmers encounter in their quest to access loan for their agricultural activities.Some socioeconomic characteristics of farmers such as education, farm size, years of experience, ownership of farmland and annual farm profit positively influence access to credit with R2 = 75. Also, utilization of credit was positively influenced by socioeconomic characteristics of farmers at R2= 0.93 such as marital status, education, years of experience, income per annum and size of landholding. On the basis of the findings, the study recommends that farmers should be encouraged to go to school at least attain secondary education, as this would help them to understand the need for institutional loan and the application of such loans to their agricultural activities. Also, there is the need for the government to strengthen and sustain institutional credit schemes so that they could be readily available and accessed by more farmers in order to enhance agricultural growth in the study area.
CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Credit is an instrument whose effectiveness depends on the economic and financial
policies that go with it (Nwaru, 2004). The demand for credit has increased as a result of
increased economic activities in the informal sector (Tra and Lensink, 2004). Credit
availability to agriculture is justified when farmers are faced with l
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR GEOGRAPHY FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The Intergovernmental Panel on Flood (IPCC) (2007), views flood as statistically significant vari...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The United Nations framework convention on climate change (UNFCCC) in 1992 made climate change a policy frame work of man...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Introduction Urbanization is the process by which large numbers of people become permanently conc...Continue Reading »
4. A DISSERTATION SUBMITTED TO THE SCHOOL OF POSTGRADUATE STUDIES, AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARJA IN PARTIAL FULFILLMENT OF THE REQUIREMENTS FOR THE AWAR...» ABSTRACT Trucking hasbecome the major and most important mean of transporting goods in Nigeria as a result of the collapse of the rail means. Due to t...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to Study Human anxiousness as well as quest to improve survival chances and gain better control over their...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDYRain is liquid water in form of droplets that have condensed from atmospheric water vapor and then ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This report is concerned with work done and the skills acquired during the student industrial training which is primarily on survey and town ...Continue Reading »
8. EFFECTS OF CLIMATE CHANGE AND COASTAL FLOODING IN BRASS AND NEMBE LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREAS WITHIN BAYELSA STATE. NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND In the past few year, the whether climate is changing and been characterised by the temperature, wind, preci...Continue Reading »
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF GOVERNMENT EFFORT ON THE PROVISION OF PORTABLE WATER SUPPLY IN BIDA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF NIGER STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Nigeria has enormous quantity of water resources, surface and underground, that requires a well articulated administrativ...Continue Reading »
10. THE ASSESSMENT OF URBAN EXPANSION IN AKURE-SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA USING REMOTE SENSING AND GIS TECHNIQUES.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of Study Urbanization as a process is a universal phenomenon being experienced all over the world, anywhere hu...Continue Reading »