Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The primary focus and interest of stylistics has been the analysis of style in any instance of language use, it examines both oral discourse and written text in order to ascertain the form and effect of choices and to determine essential linguistic properties, structures and patterns influencing perception of oral and textual discourses. This research work provides a literary stylistic analysis of LaboYari’sA Day Without Cockcrow. As a way in which literary appreciation is being made, the major aspects investigated include: the writer’s use of language, stylistic devices, narrative techniques and figurative expressions. These formed the basis of analysis in the course of the study.
1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY
Stylistics is the study and interpretation of text with regard to its linguistic and literary style. It is the study of styles in language that accounts for how meanings are projected in literary works. Its central concern is the way in which communicative effects are achieved by means of linguistic choices and how linguistic elements act in a text to communicate the author’s message. Stylistic study therefore, serves as a means by which ideas and meaning in literary texts are interpreted and conveyed. Thus, it elucidates pattern in styles that influence and clarifyreader’s perception of a given literary piece.
However, Stylistics facilitates the understanding of literary texts by examining in detail the linguistic choices and styles adopted by writers in conceptualizing thoughts, ideas, meaning and reality in any artistic work. Such detailed examination of a text often aids reader’s comprehension of the author’s message. Stylistics generally employs literary analysis to provide organization of the devices and techniques that characterize a particular literary work. Hence, stylistic study has become an established discipline that approaches literary texts through linguistic frame work that explicitly communicates meaning entrenched in literary works. And so, stylistics remains a useful tool in analyzing literary text from any stand point by exploring the writer’s overall use of language in creating both aesthetic and artistic effect in a text.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SATIRE AND SOCIAL MEDIATION IN WOLE SOYINKA’S: A CASE STUDY OF THE TRIALS OF BROTHER JERO AND A PLAY OF GIANTS» ABSTRACT This research endeavour focuses on the social and political ills prevalent in the African societies with the view of correcting them thus, ma...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is designed to examine how effectively Hospital posters in Abuja communicate health message. In other words it looks into whether ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research is aim to find out the relevance of reading newspapers among students. The majority of students agree that reading newspapers en...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT African literary elites have responded to the call by Africans to free the continent from all forms of colonial and slave mentality. While ot...Continue Reading »
5. POLITICAL CORRUPTION AND SYMBOLISM IN ADICHIE CHIMAMANDA NGOZI’S HALF OF A YELLOW SUN AND OKEY NDIBE’S ARROWS OF RAIN» Political corruption is the use of power by government officials for illegitimate private gain. Misuse of government power for other purposes such as ...Continue Reading »
6. DRAMATIZATION OF NORTHERN NIGERIAN HISTORY: [ADAPTATION, TRADITION AND PERSONAGES] OF BEN TOMOLOJU’S AMINATU QUEEN OF ZAZZAU, AHMED YERIMA’S ATTAH...» ABSTRACT This thesis examines the interplay between the adaptation of historical materials for dramatic purpose and the production of what may be refe...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This Study analyses and discusses the pragmatically negation in selected U.S and Nigerian presidential speeches. It first examined the proces...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Nigerian English coinages have been widely investigated in different literatures ranging from studies in Sociolinguistics, Semantics, Pragmat...Continue Reading »
9. THE MANIFESTATION OF NON STANDARD USAGE OF ENGLISH AMONG UNIVERSITY STUDENTS: THE SYNTACTIC PERSPECTIVE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Language is characterized by set of vocal sounds which can be decoded. These are produced by human organs of speech lips,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO STUDY The English language in Nigeria is older than the Nigerian nation. It was formally introduced...Continue Reading »