Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 62 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Research background
English language is considered one of the most widely spoken languages all over the world. Although it comes second to Mandarin in the total number of speakers, it is widely spread compared to other languages. English is the official language of 53 countries in the world, more than 750 million people speak it either as a native or second language More than 196 have English as an official language. In addition to that English will give you more opportunities in speaking, communicating effectively whenever or wherever you go abroad, enabling you to have wide opportunities in looking for jobs and business one day. English will make you more desirable to employers. It will also provide wide access to knowledge in all its meanings and shapes. Besides, more than 53% of the world Web Sites and Internet, computer use English language, and this absolutely show the importance of it, beside that it is the language of science, using it in education and scientific research. It is a global language and has wide uses including also the fields of Diplomacy, Tourism and Aviation, many references and textbooks in Universities worldwide are written in English language. Sudan has witnessed general deterioration in the standard of English language. This can be seen clearly via the students marks in English language, the teachers' observations and the performance of the students in English language in the classroom, etc. The weakness of English language took place as a result of a variety of factors e.g. Teachers low qualification, students low motivation for learning English language, the absence of literature from the English language syllabus and inadequate school environment. Among these the school environment in Sudan is the focus of this research. No doubt that there is a strong bond between school environment and language learning because environment is like a motor that facilitates the language acquisition. For instance, through good environment we can see the best achievement of a language learning and teaching. Hence the researcher suggests that literature school environment can never be separated from any level of language learning. Therefore, if school environment was under any reasons separated from a language, this would cause a big damage in the learning process. Therefore, learning English involves many factors that would affect the process of learning positively or negatively; learning environment comes on the top.
1.2 Statement of the research problem:
This research attributes the deterioration of the standard of English language achievement in secondary schools to the deterioration of the school environment and the educational aids that may ease the language attainments.
1.3 Objectives of the research:
1- Examine the impact of the environment on students’ achievement in English
2- Identify the environmental problems that affect students’ performance in English such as (The class environment, seats, paints, audio and visual aids)
3- Finding better solutions for poor achievement problems in English language, and avoid the negative impacts of poor education environment.
1.4 Research approach:
A comprehensive review of existing literature was previously carried out in order to identify the occupational health & measures to measure the gap between learning environment and students’ achievement in Khartoum State. In order to test its convenience for the educational processes, a questionnaire form designed, and administered through four different schools in Khartoum State. The questionnaire form designed to meet the objectives of the study, namely to determine the impact of environment on English language learning in this important area. A questionnaire survey was done then developed consisting of questions that inquire about the importance of school environment and its impact on students, measure the main variables.
The study population consisted of all persons who are currently studying English in
Federal college of education technology, Gombe, Gombe state. A convenient sample of 50 English teachers were identified in a random selection process and the respondents were 42 teachers which represent over 90% of the total sample.
The questionnaire was administered through Federal college of education technology, Gombe, Gombe state, this tool described the objectives of the study and asked the English teachers to participate in this study, then a forty-two questionnaire forms were completed, administered and analyzed by computer software (SPSS).
1.5 Thesis layout:
This thesis composed of five chapters. In the first chapter, introductory information has been given covering a background for the research as well as research statement problem, and objectives. Second chapter is a literature review covering a theoretical framework of the thesis that explained definitions of terms for the main titles of this thesis and a historical background of previous studies. Third chapter consists of research materials and methodology, fourth chapter covered, analysis and discussion, and the fifth chapter included conclusions and recommendations.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYLanguage is the distinctive quality unique to man. It is what enables man to express him/herself and...Continue Reading »
2. POLITICS IN CONTEMPORARY NIGERIAN NOVEL: A CASE OF WALE OKEDIRAN’S TENANTS OF THE HOUSE AND RICHARD ALI’S CITY OF MEMORIES» Abstract Literature overtime has always served the purpose of projecting the political realities of societies around the world. The African writer has...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis long essay is a thematic exploration of Buchi Emechata’s The Joys of Motherhood and Second Class Citizen both of which focus on Feminis...Continue Reading »
4. THE DISCOURSE OF IMPOSED IDENTITY IN ISIDORE OKPEWHO’S CALL ME BY MY RIGHTFUL NAME AND RICHARD WRIGHT’S NATIVE SON» ABSTRACT Identity studies in African American literature, over time, have depicted the interaction between black and white Americans and the connected...Continue Reading »
5. MENACE OF TEXT MESSAGE ABBREVIATIONS ON ENGLISH LANGUAGE EXAMINATIONS (A STUDY OF THREE SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OKOTA L.G.A)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Text message (TM) simply refers to the use of abbreviations that might not necessarily be univers...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Proverbs enshrine a lot of historical and cultural heritage of the people who possess them. They contain a vast treasure of information and k...Continue Reading »
7. CONFLICT BETWEEN TRADITIONAL AND WESTERN CULTURE: A CASE STUDY OF SOYINKA’S DEATH AND THE KING’S HORSEMAN AND THE LION AND THE JEWEL» ABSTRACT Conflict is a disagreement or clash between people, ideas; or in the case of our study, cultures. Therefore, culture becomes a unique and sen...Continue Reading »
» Abstract Literary writers convey their personal experiences in the society through literature, deploying the recourses of language, the scientific stu...Continue Reading »
9. A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF THE ADOPTION OF INTERNET TOOLS BY AFRICAN INDEPENDENT TELEVISION-AIT AND NIGERIAN TELEVISION AUTHORITY-NTA NETWORK SERVICE» Abstract This study entitled “A Comparative Study of the Adoption of Internet Tools by African Independent Television AIT and Nigerian Televisio...Continue Reading »
10. TRADITIONAL AESTHETICS TRANSFER AND THE AFRICAN NOVELISTS: A STUDY OF ACHEBE’S THINGS FALL APART AND LAYE’S THE AFRICAN CHILD» ABSTRACTAfrican novelists draw their raw materials from different sources, some draw their raw materials from the folktales being told at night, some ...Continue Reading »