Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 146 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦7,000
This appraisal is on Udje dance songs of the Urhobo people. The study looks at the aesthetic qualities that abound in the Udje songs of the Urhobo people. The researcher analysed songs collected from field work and some collected by G. G Darah. In analysing the songs, the contextual theory was used as its analytical frame work which eventually brought out the forms and beauty that abounds in the udje songs. The research is divided into four Chapters, the first Chapter deals with the background to the study, the historical background of the Urhobo people, its theoretical frame work, statement of the research problem, aims and objectives, research methodology, limitation to the research and its literature review. Chapter two deals with the aesthetics of oral literature, the processes involved in the performance of udje carnival, the hybrid nature of udje and the poetic functions of udje. Chapter three is its analysis and Chapter four is the conclusion of the study.
The Urhobo people have a very rich culture which is noticeable in their unique
dresses, food, building technology, marriage, naming ceremony to mention just a few. Songs
and dances are common features at their festivals and ceremonies, which include Eni festival
(celebrated in honour of a hunter who killed an elephant at Okpara), it is celebrated once in
every twenty five years (25 years) and the amount of Eni festivals an individual experiences
in life determines his/her age, Emeteyavwo festival (clitoridectomy), Ore festival (ancestral
worship), Omanuku festival (celebrated in honour of a water goddess) and the udje carnival
which is our topic of discussion in this thesis.
The udje dance is as old as the Urhobo people, the origin cannot be traced since the
Urhobo people cannot state exactly how it started. The udje dance was originally performed
by seven (7) of the twenty-two clans in Urhobo land, they include Eghwu (Ewu), Okparabe,
Olomu, Arhavwarien, Udu, Ughievwen and Ughwerun. The dance is performed by these
communities at different times and dates fixed by their members. In most cases it is
performed alongside special festivals, for instance, the Udu and Ughievwen people are
respected for the passion they have in the celebration of festivals which is accompanied with
the udje dance performance. These annual festivals include Emeteyavwo, (clitoridectomy)
and ore (ancestral worship). The Ughievwen exclusively celebrates the Ogbaurhie. The
celebration of Ore usually takes three days of which the first day is meant for sacrifice to
Ekpako-ide (Grand ancestors), the second day is for Esemo (fathers) and the last day is for
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYLanguage is the distinctive quality unique to man. It is what enables man to express him/herself and...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT African literary elites have responded to the call by Africans to free the continent from all forms of colonial and slave mentality. While ot...Continue Reading »
3. A LINGUISTIC STYLISTIC ANALYSIS OF THE CAMPAIGN SPEECHES OF TWO PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES IN THE 2011 ELECTIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL BACKGROUND. 1.0 PREAMBLE INTRODUCTION This chapter contains the background to the study, a brief profile of the p...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION African men started writing novels ahead of the female writers, the male writers believe that women are instruments of are instruments of...Continue Reading »
5. EFFECTS OF DRILL AND PRACTICE ON THE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL IN LAGOS STATE» ABSTRACT This study examines The Effect of Drill and Practice on the Academic Achievement of Students in English Language in Junior Secondary Schools ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Analysis on a discourse level has been used in the analysis of texts, but this study attempts to carry out a Critical Discourse Analysis of O...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Facts have been established by researchers and they justify that the English used in Nigeria is a variation of the British English (BE) and n...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work deals mainly with interrogating the Northern Nigerian Society, a case study of Habiba by Razinat T Muhammad. This project ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe contemporary African Literature is believed to be a revolutionary literature that looks critical into contemporary social situations with ...Continue Reading »
10. DECEIT AND INFIDELITY IN THE WORKS OF FEMI OSOFISAN: A STUDY OF MIDNIGHT HOTEL AND FIDDLERS ON THE MIDNIGHT LARK» ABSTRACT This research investigates the concept of infidelity and deceit, the purpose is to create happier homes by revealing the already known facts ...Continue Reading »