Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Literary writers convey their personal experiences in the society through literature, deploying the recourses of language, the scientific study of which is referred to as linguistics. In linguistics, language is studied at the phonological, syntactic and lexico-semantic levels. This study, which focuses mainly on discourse analysi on Wale Okediran’s Strange Encounters, a satirical novel, examines the significant syntactic features in the novel, and explicates how Wale Okediran, a Nigerian novelist, utilizes them to convey the themes of corruption and injustice in the Nigerian society. He also condemns such vices and their perpetuators in totality, suggesting ways of correcting them for the growth and development of the society.
Background to the study
Wale Okediran's Strange Encounter is a Nigerian novel with the social problems of Nigeria as its major thematic preoccupation. Okediran exposes and denounces the societal ills and advances measures towards correcting them. The author also advocates positive changes for the reformation of the society, in order to promote sustainable development in all facets of life. Okediran x-rays the Nigerian society, exposes and denounces the alarming rate of corruption in the different fields of human endeavours.
That cases of corrupt practices abound in every facet of life in the country, especially among our leaders is a common knowledge. The Nigerian Observer of Tuesday August, 20, 2013 reports in the article '' Corruption: Nigeria in Global Perspective'', that ''It is an incontrovertible veracity that since the inception of the Nigeria's fourth republic, the nation has come under scrutiny over corruption. That every facet of life in Nigeria is being ravaged by corruption is no longer a subject of debate'' (16). The report also discloses that Nigeria's performance is poor in the areas of equitable distribution of resources, acceptance of the rights of others and level of corruption (16). From all indications, corruption is the greatest problem of Nigeria, and also the major cause of underdevelopment. It is, therefore, a serious matter that demands serious and urgent attention the transformation and development of the nation, therefore, demand total eradication of correction. The novel, Strange Encounters is an engaging and provocative statement about a people in urgent need of moral rejuvenation'' (blurb). Okediran exposes various instances of moral decadence in the health sector, judiciary and police force, and the adverse effects of such corrupt practices on the growth and development of the nation. He also advances the measures to be adopted to curb the menace, in order to promote sustainable development.
Purpose of study
The purpose of this research is to present a discourse analysis on Wale Okediran's strange encounter. Attention will also be paid to the systatic and textual analysis of the novel. The study would also examine the utilization of satire in the context of the novel.
This research shall be mainly empirical and the data for analysis are Wale Okediran's strange encounter . No interview or questionnaire shall be required in this research analyzed. Analysis shall be based in details appraisal volume of the said novel as Wale Okediran's piece.
Scope of the Study
The study is confined to a discourse analysis on Wale Okediran's strange encounter.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. CONFLICT BETWEEN TRADITIONAL AND WESTERN CULTURE: A CASE STUDY OF SOYINKA’S DEATH AND THE KING’S HORSEMAN AND THE LION AND THE JEWEL» ABSTRACT Conflict is a disagreement or clash between people, ideas; or in the case of our study, cultures. Therefore, culture becomes a unique and sen...Continue Reading »
2. AN EXAMINATION OF THE ORAL ENGLISH SUBJECT CONTENT: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS INETI OSA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND Dialect is the real apparatus of correspondence in human culture and discourse possesses a noteworthy position in many dialogs...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Human beings cannot function in chaos, and out of the chaos of life they create an ordered existence. The basic ideas of the world, physical ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work, ‘A Contrastive Analysis of the Noun Phrase in Gyong and English Languages’ was motivated by the researcher&rs...Continue Reading »
5. AN EXAMINATION OF THE ORAL ENGLISH SUBJECT CONTENT: A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ETI OSA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND Dialect is the real apparatus of correspondence in human culture and discourse possesses a noteworthy position in many dialogs...Continue Reading »
6. SPELLING ERRORS AMONG NIGERIA SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS EFFECT ON THEIR PERFORMANCE AS POSSIBLE REMEDIES» Abstract According to spelling experts, it is very important that the learners of a secondary language should be equipped with the basic words as to b...Continue Reading »
7. POLITICAL SATIRE IN NIGERIAN LITERATURE: A STUDY OF EMEKA NWABUEZE’S A PARLIAMENT OF VULTURES AND TESS ONWUEME’S THEN SHE SAID IT» ABSTRACT Political satire in Nigeria literature as the topic of this essay sets out to understudy the employment of mockery and ridicule in Nigerian l...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The current computer literacy level in the society has made text based communication, which comes...Continue Reading »
9. A STUDY OF BLACK CONSCIOUSNESS AND RACISM IN RICHARD WRIGHTS NATIVE SON AND RALPH ELLISON’S INVISIBLE MAN» ABSTRACTThe twentieth century American literary scene is characterized by the emergence of black writers who are concerned with creating what is calle...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work is based on the importance of indigenous language in broadcast media. This project therefore clamoured for the development...Continue Reading »