Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 152 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
The aim of this study is to examine how National Diploma (ND) II students of Kogi State Polytechnic, Lokoja use concord. The Study adopts the systemic approach to be able to give account of concord relationships in detail. The main instrument used for the collection of the data analysed in the study is test administration in classroom. A total of sixty objective questions and two essay questions were administered to the one hundred and twenty students selected randomly from four departments. The results of the four departments based on the overall average scores of the categories of concord tested were shown. The results were presented through percentage rating. The results showed that Business Administration department scored 50.5% in subject-verb agreement, Electrical Engineering department got 48.1%, Maths/Computer Science department made 42.9% and department of Urban and Regional planning scored 57.2%. On Pronoun-Antecedent Concord, Business Administration scored 62.4%. On Electrical Engineering department got 66.5%, Maths/Computer Science department made 59.7% while Urban and Regional Planning department got 58.9% equally, on tense concord, Business Administration department had 55.7%, Electrical Engineering department scored 60.5%, Maths/Computer Science department made 59.7% and Urban and Regional Planning department scored 61.6%. The study discovers that students in this polytechnic lack the basic knowledge of the correct use of concord. It reveals that the subjects did not have enough knowledge of the rules of concord that can aid them to use English Language appropriately. It also reveals that the subjects did not have adequate knowledge of tense as regards using the present and past tense. Finally, the study shows that all types of concord in English, especially subject-verb, pronoun-antecedent and tense concords considered in this work are problematic to our subjects.
Several studies on the use of English have been carried out by
researchers to determine how students at the secondary school and tertiary
levels of education use certain aspects of the language. In addition, Scholars
have expressed concerns over the mass failure in English by students at all
levels of education and the inability ofothers to use English language to
communicate and write effectively.scholars include Adeyanju (4984 :23)
where he says
However,many students of secondary and tertiary levels,as well as others in various professions, have not mastered the English language structure, usage and mechanics, and therefore communicate ineffectively---.
Adeyanju is not alone in this lamentation. Ibileye (2003: 155) says
Recent failure rates in public examinations in Nigeria underscore the declining fortunes of the English language in Nigeria and indeed of educati
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DIASPORA, IDENTITY FORMATION AND CRISIS OF BELONGING IN BUCHI EMECHETA’S SECOND CLASS CITIZEN AND CHIMAMANDA ADICHIE’S AMERICANAH» ABSTRACT Diasporic literature centres on the experiences of people all around the world who leave their homelands in search of ―greener pastures‖ ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Newspapers are veritable tools for promoting literacy through reading, writing and dialogues (among readers and critics), which are the hallm...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This dissertation is a study of the influence of the Supernatural in Elechi Amadi’s The Concubine and The Great Ponds an x ray of men a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The study aims to draw attention to the need to have correct and appropriate subtitling in Kannywood movies, so as to elevate its status and ...Continue Reading »
5. COMPARATIVE EVALUATION OF GRASS, LEGUME AND THEIR MIXTURES WITH BREWERS' SPENT GRAINS FED TO WEST AFRICAN DWARF SHEEP (RAMS)» ABSTRACT Television for decades has constituted a major part of the media; television is clearly an essential medium. The study examined the residents...Continue Reading »
6. SATIRE IN CONTEMPORARY AFRICAN DRAMA: A CASE STUDY OF HARVEST OF CORRUPTION BY FRANK OGODO OGBECHE AND DEATH AND THE KINGS HORSEMAN BY WOLE SOYINKA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The literature of people is the one that seeks to discuss, expose and propose solutions to the da...Continue Reading »
7. A LINGUISTIC STYLISTIC ANALYSIS OF THE CAMPAIGN SPEECHES OF TWO PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATES IN THE 2011 ELECTIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL BACKGROUND. 1.0 PREAMBLE INTRODUCTION This chapter contains the background to the study, a brief profile of the p...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Language is the only unique endowment from God to humans, which makes us totally different from other creatures. Though, ...Continue Reading »
9. NEO-COLONIALISM IN SELECTED POEMS OF JOE USHIE’S A REIGN OF LOCUSTS AND EYOH ETIM’S SONG OF OUR TIME» Abstract This research examines the Concept of Neo Colonialism in Joe Ushie’s A Reign of Locusts and Eyoh Etim’s Songs of Our Time. The poets focu...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Tanure Ojaide is a well known personality in African creative writing. A literary critic and ...Continue Reading »