Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 60 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study aims to present a particular view of second language pedagogy. Teaching English as a second language is a quite complex task for a teacher. Language learning should be more fun and enjoyable for students to learn. Teachers need to have effective teaching strategies in order for students to grasp better in learning English. The objective of this study is to investigate the methods of teaching used by Dr. Farooq Kperogi on how to attract interest in learning English as a second language.
Pedagogy can be defined as the intervention into thought and behaviour which is concerned with the promotion of learning processes for intended outcomes. By definition it therefore simultaneously involves decisions by teachers, action by learners and perceptible outcomes, both immediate and over time.
Pedagogy has been studied for centuries. However, much of that study has been based on principle, prescription and analogy. In contrast, a researched pedagogy (Leung, 1993) scrutinizes pedagogic activity to assess it’s modes of implementation, it’s operation and it’s outcomes. This research builds upon a growing number of previous publications to bring together a series of studies which investigate tasks in this way. This is a long term project, a research as this can only sample a small range of tasks in a limited number of contexts under a restricted range of conditions. There is a
substantial range of pedagogic activities that remain to be researched in a vast range of circumstances. In contrast, this collection makes a small contribution to the field. In fact, research into pedagogic task is one of a growing number of areas of empirical research which have emerged since the early 1980s. One of the basic functions of empirical research into language pedagogy is arguably feedback to the teaching profession, so that, as Brumfit argued ''we are able to attempt to assess the effectiveness of our educational system; and in order to receive information about alternatives to traditional methods, so that the alternatives can be introduced, in some systematic way, into the system'' (Brumfit, 1980: 132).
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This project centers on the pedagogical analysis of teaching English as a second language.
This study or research will attempt to focus on the following problems:
• What is effective English?
• Learning in group and individual learning process
• Different group of learners of English as second language view it from the point of view of their own background or experience
• Misinterpretation, reduplication, direct translation, semantic shift, wrong choice of words could all be easily identified using pedagogical test as is exemplified by Farooq Kperogi.
1.2 RESEARCH OBJECTIVES
The main objective of this project work is to highlight the method of teaching English as a second language used by Farooq Kperogi. This will be achieved by carrying out the problems associated with teaching profession and learning processes, and suggest a reliable solution to them.
The study also aims to improve the level of performance of the learners of English as a second language (L2) by the way of suggesting proper methodologies and conditions for language learning (L2 learning).
1.3 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
English as a second language performs a number of functions; its learning therefore becomes necessary for whoever wants to be reckoned with in the Nigerian political academic climates.
English language is the language of government, business, education, mass media etc and for most internal and external communication. It plays an important role as a medium of social interactions among ethnic groups in the country. Owing to this fact, if interaction in English is not effectively carried out, there will be communication breakdown.
This research aims to present a particular view of second language pedagogy, together with an account on Farooq Kperogi's page on Sunday trust newspaper of exploratory teaching which helped to articulate that view and to develop procedures of teaching consistent with it. More specifically, this research illuminates the nature of learning to teach English language through research based accounts of how teacher education programs and experience of teaching mold the knowledge, thinking, and the practice of language teachers.
Finally, this work is one of the numerous attempt to enhance the quality of education in Nigeria especially that of English language which is been regarded as the key subject to all course.
1.4 LIMITATION OF SCOPE
This research is limited to some selected articles of Farooq Kperogi on Sunday trust newspaper.
Therefore this study is going to focus on how the methods of teaching English used by Farooq helps or influence the teaching and learning of English as a second language.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE ROLE OF WOMEN IN THE SOCIO- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT OF NIGERIA AS IN THE JOYS OF MOTHERHOOD BY BUCHI EMECHETA» ABSTRACTThis thesis is concerned with feminist aesthetics carving out the motherist theory in the title The role of women in the Socio–economic deve...Continue Reading »
2. HISTORICISM AS A LITERARY DISCOURSE: A STUDY OF ISIDORE OKPEWHO’S THE LAST DUTY, ELECHI AMADI’S SUNSET IN BIAFRA AND BIYI BANDELE’S BURMA BOY» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.0 CONCEPTUAL BACKGROUND As Chidi Amuta (1988) puts it, the Nigerian civil war literatures represent a ―significant step ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 Introduction This chapter will look into the background and the general introduction of feminism using Buchi Emec...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is titled A Pragmatic Analysis of Politeness Strategies in Selected Yoruba Proverbs.The focus of the study is to analyse the eleme...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Newspapers are veritable tools for promoting literacy through reading, writing and dialogues (among readers and critics), which are the hallm...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This research work deals mainly with interrogating the Northern Nigerian Society, a case study of Habiba by Razinat T Muhammad. This project ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO STUDY The English language in Nigeria is older than the Nigerian nation. It was formally introduced...Continue Reading »
8. DRAMATIZATION OF NORTHERN NIGERIAN HISTORY: [ADAPTATION, TRADITION AND PERSONAGES] OF BEN TOMOLOJU’S AMINATU QUEEN OF ZAZZAU, AHMED YERIMA’S ATTAH...» ABSTRACT This thesis examines the interplay between the adaptation of historical materials for dramatic purpose and the production of what may be refe...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTTitle page iCertification iiDedication iiiAcknowledgment ivTable of contents v CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction to the study 11.1 Statemen...Continue Reading »
10. ROLES OF AFRICA WRITERS IN AFRICA SOCIETY, USING ZAINAB ALKALIS “STILL BORN” AND THE “VIRTUOUS WOMEN” AS CASE STUDY» INTRODUCTION The earliest novelist in Africa were men before the advent of female writers in the scene. Then, the male writers portray women as instru...Continue Reading »