Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This research work focuses on the language of persuasion by examining some selected speeches of Governor Aliyu Magatakurda Wamakko. It has been carefully observed that the Sokoto state Governor is fond of using persuasive expressions in most of his speeches. He uses the language mostly to captivate and convince his audience and this tends to endear him across the state to achieve his political goals
1.1 Background of the Study
Language is the system of human expression conducted by the means of the use of words. It is a purely human and non-instinctive method of communicating ideas, emotions, and desires by means of voluntary produced symbol (Sapir, 1921). Language is a resource used for any social purposes, it is to be found wherever human live in social relationships and helps in maintaining political control, as it can be used to communicate attitudes and feelings of government towards people as well.
However, there are many interpretations to the concept of language. Many scholars, and political analysts consider language of politics as a means to play or deceive the citizens so that, the citizens would believe them.
So, many features have been attributed to the nature of language of politics, which depict politicians in most negative lights, this is because the nature and characteristics of the processes, procedures and activities in governance require constant communication between the leaders and the led.
It is however believed that every set-up and discipline use certain patterns of language to process information and ensure proper understanding within their profession. For instance, in the legal profession and engineering etc, have specific choice of words and terms that are peculiar to them, so also are politicians and public officials in leadership positions.
But the use of certain terms in language construction by politicians is deliberate just to achieve some set of goals. Most of the times, politicians lie, deceive, exaggerate etc, to convince the populace of their good intention so as to generate continued support. Thus, citizens are made to believe at times, what is either not true or over blown beyond proportion.
O' Bar (1976) states that people use language (verbal or written) in relation to the study of political process. Thus, politicians use language either to impress, persuade, captivate or woo the interest of their people, and the kind of language used by the politician to captivate attention of their people differs greatly from the language they use to persuade.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ENGLISH LITERARY STUDIES FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract The study exposes the difficulties experienced by students at the Junior Secondary School Certificate Level with respect to Pidgin English In...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The Ethnography of a linguistic text is a sociolinguistic approach to determine the communicative competence of the text. A lot of speech eve...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE GENERAL INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Language is an important tool in the entire existence of man, because it aids communicati...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study is titled A Pragmatic Analysis of Politeness Strategies in Selected Yoruba Proverbs.The focus of the study is to analyse the eleme...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION African men started writing novels ahead of the female writers, the male writers believe that women are instruments of are instruments of...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThis long essay is a thematic exploration of Buchi Emechata’s The Joys of Motherhood and Second Class Citizen both of which focus on Feminis...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This work introduces the major variable in this research topic as well as gives a brief background of the text adopted for critical analysis....Continue Reading »
8. CHILDREN’S LITERATURE FOR CULTURAL INTEGRATION IN NIGERIA: AN APPRAISAL OF SOME SELECTED WORKS OF FATIMA AKILU» ABSTRACT In the Nigerian state lies the problem of unity ever since its existence. Overtime, the literary artists alongside other sectors have joined ...Continue Reading »
9. NIYI OSUNDARE AND THE TRADITION OF MODERN NIGERIAN POETRY: ANALYSIS OF SONGS OF THE MARKET PLACE, VILLAGE VOICES, THE EYE OF THE EARTH AND WAITING LAU...» ABSTRACT Niyi Osundare is one of Nigeria’s most prolific poets whose works have contributed significantly to the growth of a Nigerian poetic tra...Continue Reading »
10. Nigerians and Politeness Expression in the English Language: A Study of the Non-teaching Staff of the University of Nigeria, Nsukka» ABSTRACT In Nigeria, the English language is the language of everyday communication, especially in work places. To support this, most employers of lab...Continue Reading »