Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 200 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
'The greatest problem confronting some managers is the question of how to make employees perlorm better. Performance is achieved through causing the enlployee or subordinate or the receiver of the order to act. And to cause the subordinate to act on the orders is achieved through motivation, which is an important clement in promoting productivity.
This study focuses attention on motivational variables in public sector organizations in Nigeria using Power Holding Con~panyof Nigeria, PLc Linugu as case study. It is designed to assess the Performance of workcrs,
evaluate n~otivationalschemes involved in the sector, and to suggest ways of improving production in the sector. The data collection for these purposes was from Textbooks, Newspaper, jourrials and periodicals.
The staff of ITK N Plc, Enugu was also interviewed orally. The data were later tabulated and analyzed using simple percentages. However, the results revealed some of the various problems facing the organization to include inefficiency in PI-ICN Plc, Enugu and unified pay structure (unconditional rcward). 'l'hc study also revealcd that ~nolivation cnhanccs productivity in Power Holding Company of Nigeria, Plc Enugu.
In the course of this research work, the researcher found out that inefficiency in PHCN and low productivity were caused by diversion of money meant Tor payment of staff salaries, fringe benefits and other allowances; into private account by the top management staff.
Another problem confronting PI-ICN Plc, as discovered by the rcscarchcr was disagrccmcnt bctwceli staff of the organization and the nianagcment of the organization, which includcs non-involvement oT worker's
union in decision-malting process'? As a solution, the researchcr recolnmcndcd
that in the Nigerian context, PI-ICN workers should have an effective reward
systcn~both financially and psychologically.
The job of a manager in the workplace is to get things done through employees to do this the manager should be able to motivate employees. But this is casicr said than donc. Motivation practice and theory are difl'icult subjects touching on several disciplines. lnspite of enormous research, pure as well as applied, the subject of motivation is not clearly understood and more ol'tcn than not poorly practiced. To understand motivation, one must u~ldcrstandIl~rmannaturc it scll*.And licrc lies Ihc problcn~I luman nalurc can
be very simple, yet very complex too. An understanding and appreciation of this is a prerequisite to effective inanagement and leadership.
MOTIVAr1'IONIS THE KEY TO PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT
There is an old saying, you can take a horse to the water but you cannot force it to drink; it will drink, only if it is thirsty, so with people. They will do what Ihcy want to do or othcrwisc motivated to do whether it is lo excel on thc workshop floor or in the ivory tower they must be motivatcd or driven to it either by themselves or through external stimulus. The question is, arc they
born with the self - motivation or drive? Yes and no. Motivation is a skill which can and must be learnt. 'This is essential for any business to survive and succeed. Performance is considered to be a function of ability and motivation. Ability in turn depends on education, experience and training. The improve~i~entis a slow and long process. Therefore, motivation techniques can
improve per forn~ancevery cluickl y. There are many options and uninitiated managers may not even know where to start. As a guideline, there are broadly seven strategies for motivation.
(a) Positive rei~iforceinentll~ighexpectation
(b) Effective discipline and punishment
(c) Treating people fairly
(d) Satisfying employees' needs
(e) Setting work related goals
(1) Kcstructuring jobs
(6) Base reward on job performance.
l%sentially, there is a gap between an individual actual state and sonie desired state, and the manager tries to reduce this gap. Motivation in effect is a means to reduce and manipulate the gap. It is inducing others in specific way towards goals, specifically stated by the motivator and general incrcase in the overall organizational productivity. Naturally, these goals is also thc nlotivational system wl~ichmust conform to the corporate policy of thc organization .The n~otivationalsystc~iimust be tailored to the situation and to the organization.
I . 1 UACKGROUND TO THE PROBLEM
'Fhe National Electric power Authority (NEPA), now Power Holding
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT OF POWER OPERATED BANANA SLICER FOR SMALL SCALE FOOD PROCESSING INDUSTRIES» ABSTRACT A power rotary banana slicer suitable for small scale processing was designed and developed based on engineering properties of banana varieti...Continue Reading »
» LIST OF FIGURES Fig. 2.1 PIR model D204B 10 Fig. 2.2 LM358 inter grate circuit 12 Fig 2.3 Pin out of IC or LM 358 12 Fig 2.4BJT and JFET symbols 14 Fi...Continue Reading »
3. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A MICROCONTROLLER-BASED VERSATILE Y- AND CROSS-JUNCTION TRAFFIC LIGHT CONTROL SYSTEM/TRAINER» ABSTRACT A microcontroller based Versatile Traffic Light Control System/Trainer has been designed and implemented in the course of this project. The s...Continue Reading »
4. AN INSIGHT ON THE DESIGN AND CONSTRUCTION OF A POWER LINE VANDALISM MONITORING SYSTEM USING ELECTRONIC SYSTEM» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This project gives the insight on the design and construction of a transmission power line vandal...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 THE GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF PROJECT Due to advance electron logy in the electronic which gave rise to automation of electr...Continue Reading »
6. FACTORS RESPONSIBLE FOR FAILURE OF STUDENTS IN ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE WORK IN THE SELECTED TECHNICAL COLLEGES, NIGER STATE» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER I Introducti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION PREAMBLE These days’ people normally have to address large gathering at a time and an efficient means of communication ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The development of a nation brings an effective transformation of its socio political, economic, cult...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Automatic water level controller for both overhead and underground tank is designed to monitor the level of water in a tank. It displays the ...Continue Reading »
10. EVALUATION OF THE POTENTIALS OF LARGE SCALE PHOTOVOLTAIC POWER GENERATION FOR RURAL ELECTRIFICATION IN NIGERIA» ABSTRACT The potentials of large scale solar photovoltaic power generation in Sokoto State, North Western Nigeria and Port Harcourt, Southern Nigeria ...Continue Reading »