Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background of the Study
Classroom Management is about creation of positive learning environments. But the concept of positive learning environment is both broad and vague.
Despite educator’s concerns with the nature of classroom learning environments, few recent studies have investigated either teachers’ knowledge or practices of classroom management in positive learning environments. As such there is inadequate understanding of how teachers support both engaged learning and positive social interaction (Oakes, 2009).
In this regard, so many writers and researchers have urged educators to move toward broader and more comprehensive positions on issues of classroom management in (Jones, 2006). As Jones advocates, “at its best, classroom management is not only a means to effective instruction, it has also becomes a vehicle for providing students with a sense of community and increased skills in interpersonal communication, conflict management and self control.
Nevertheless, lack of recent empirical evidence has left educators without clear direction and understandings of what knowledge and practices teachers utilize in creating and managing socially complex learning environments. It is as if educators understand the blueprints for a house, but not the tools with which to construct it. As such educators are hampered in their efforts to provide prospective teachers with the appropriate tools to implement their visions for establishing positive learning environment. It is against this background the researchers sees the subject matter of this research as an empirical issue worthy of investigation.
1.2 Statement of the Problem
The difficulty of novices in dealing with the complexities of teaching and the social immediacy of the classroom is no small issue. This is so because most teachers are constraint by classroom management because of the dynamic nature of teaching. On the other hand, the complexity of classroom setting also impede teaching sequel to the perception by beginning teachers that classroom management is complex. This is an obstacle to effective planning for positive learning environment. As such the subject matter: The role of teachers in classroom management is seen as an empirical issue worthy of investigation.
1.3 Objective of the Study
The central objective of this research is to examine the role of the teacher in classroom management, the specific objectives are:
i. To examine the function of teacher in classroom management.
ii. To identify the effectiveness of classroom management on student achievement in Rimi College, Kaduna.
iii. To find out how classroom management influence development setting in Rimi College, Kaduna.
iv. To identify the problem militating against classroom management in Rimi College, Kaduna.
1.4 Significance of the Study
The significance of a study of this magnitude cannot be overemphasized, local government education department, state and federal ministries of Education involved in policy formulation and implementation, school management, incoming students and above all teachers as well as researchers will find this really significant especially as they utilize the findings.
To the local government departments as well as state and federal ministries of education engage in policy formulation and implementation, the finding of this study can be used as a basis for enacting policies that will effectively improve the quality of classroom management and standard of education.
School management can also use the result of this study as an insight in formulating strategies to effectively run their schools.
It should be noted that this study is of scholarly importance. As such teachers as well as students undertaking research work similar to the present study and other scholars alike who may wish to use this work as a reference material or a springboard for their own research, will find this study useful.
1.5 Research Questions
The following research questions will be used to guide the study:
i. What are the functions of the teacher in classroom management in Rimi College, Kaduna?
ii. What is the effectiveness of classroom management on students’ achievement in Rimi College Kaduna?
iii. How does classroom management influence development setting in Rimi College Kaduna?
iv. What are the problems militating against Classroom managements in Rimi College Kaduna?
1.6 Scope of the Study
The scope of the study covers an empirical examination of the role of teachers in classroom management in Rimi College Kaduna; as well as the functions of the teacher in classroom management. The study equally covers the effectiveness of classroom management on students achievement in Rimi College Kaduna as well as the influence of classroom management on development and the problems militating against classroom management in Rimi College.
1.7 Definition of Terms
Teacher: Lesson instructor and class manager in school (Okoh, 2002).
Educational Leadership: This is the process of formulating and implementing educational policies in Schools (Bolam, 1999).
School Management: This is an act of getting things done through planning, organizing, coordinating and monitoring school activities in order to achieve the school goal.
Classroom Management: This is planning and setting of rules procedures, disciplinary interventions and teacher-student Relationships in schools.
Educational Policy: Policy is a statement of government on education.
Head Teacher: A teacher who is in charge of primary school.
Administration: This is the act of planning, organizing and coordination of human and material resources in order to implement government policy in primary school.
Teachers Education: The training and retraining of teachers through further studies in institution of higher learning.
Transformational Leadership: This is a leadership style that completed change old techniques to new and much more effective technique.
Teachers Knowledge: Information, understanding and skills that teachers gain through education or experience.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi Abstract viii CHAPTER ONE: INTROD...Continue Reading »
2. PERCEPTION OF TEACHERS ON THE EFFECTIVENESS OF GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING PROGRAMME IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN OKITIPUPA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ONDO STATE» ABSTRACT The main purpose of this study was to investigate the effectiveness of guidance and counselling programme as perceived by secondary school te...Continue Reading »
3. INVESTIGATED THE LACK OF RECREATIONAL ACTIVITIES AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY STUDENTS (SSS) IN EZZA SOUTH L.G.A OF EBONYI STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Man as a gregarious being moves closer to his fellow men to share knowledge, live together in groups,...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY During the last two decades education institutions have invested heavily in information and commu...Continue Reading »
5. A STUDY ON THE INFLUENCE OF SOCIO-ECONOMIC STATUS OF PARENTS ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS: A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SECOND...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The relevance of education in the upbringing of children can not be overemphasized. Since the childre...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECTIVENESS IN USING MULTI-MEDIA IN PRESCHOOL EDUCATION, A CASE STUDY OF LITTLE ANGELS MONTESSORI» ABSTRACT The study aimed at investigating the influence of Multi media materials on preschool children’s learning achievement in number work in ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to investigate strategies for effective implementation of youth empowerment programmes in Abia State, Nigeria. To ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project give a summary of the entire research study which was designed to find out the way and the way forward in the effect of sexually...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The issue of Chaplaincy Service in our Universities and other educational institutions is so crucial ...Continue Reading »
10. A STUDY OF THE COMMON DIFFICULTIES ENCOUNTERED BY STUDENTS IN CHEMISTRY PRACTICAL CLASS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UHUNMWONDE L. G. A. OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This study was carried out in order to know the common difficulties encountered by students in chemistry practical class in secondary schools...Continue Reading »