Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study examines the availability and utilization, the benefits and challenges of ICT facilities in teaching and learning in Akwa ibom state secondary schools. Descriptive survey design was used for the study. The study revealed that ICT facilities were lacking in technical colleges. Teachers and Students exposure to ICT facilities was low. The study revealed that some of the benefits of using ICT in technical college include making teaching and learning interesting; helping teacher to be up to date in enhancing the quality of work of both teachers and students. Despite these benefits, the study revealed some of the challenges facing ICT as: irregular power supply; inadequate computer literate teachers; inadequate ICT facilities. It was therefore, recommended that Akwa ibom state government should increase the funding of education sector to cater for ICT programme in technical colleges and there should be periodic training for teachers on ICT computer skills acquisition.
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The best approach to effect study of computer depends on the extent of the practical aspect of teaching computer. The aspect of this study has to do with the availability of computer system and their accessories. Aneke I.C. (2005). Computer system is a programmable machine which responds to a specific set of instruction in a well defined manner. It can execute a pre – recorded list of instruction ( a program). The place of computer in education, like in any fields of human endeavor, has assumed an unimaginable dimension. Today, computers are used in various ways for teaching and learning in schools at various levels. Computes can now guide a learner through a course of instructions at a video display unit in such a manner that will facilitate the understanding of subject matter. This process helps to speed up the students learning process. This practice, unlike the case of human teacher gives the opportunity to re – learn any aspect of the subject matter as many times as he/she cleans it necessary. This process of learning is ed computer – assisted learning (CAL). Computer can also provide instructions to students, ask them questions (usually multiple choice question) mark the students responses, grade their performance and determine by itself whether to take the students to take the students to next level of study or repeat the previous portion of the lecture just concluded based on the students performance. This process of learning is ed computer aided instruction (CAI). Apart from instructional programs, computers also make a lot of impacts I provision of educational materials. Computer transform school libraries into new information service unit. Through virtual library one oleos not need to go from one library to another in search of library materials. With just a press of button (keys on computer keyboard) or a click on the mouse the information will be at the disposal of the intended user. According to Aneke, accessories are those devices which are useful, helpful to the operation of computer. E.g. keyboard, scanner, printers, mouse, monitors etc.
Extent through which these accessories are seen in the tab is the major aim of these studies. Unavailability of computer accessories are of the problem facing Nigerian students at Uyo in particular. In this sense that the hardly make use of the system due to non installation of these accessories in the computer. In other to maintain the of 32nd ministerial council meeting of the national council of education in 1987, which is to set-up computer study at the secondary school level. These accessories must be available to an extent that is to say that installation of accessories will enhance the smooth running of programs for the betterment of the students learning. This research work will provide necessary steps to the secondary schools and steps for maintance of the available computer system and accessories.
Statement of problem
The researcher wishes to find the extent of availability of computer system in secondary school, in Uyo by finding out of the number of computer system in the school will be enough for the student at the course of practical and the availability of the computer accessories In other to enhance effective program running in the system for the purpose of this work. The researcher has put some question to enable them set information at the course of the investigation. Computer system is the best approach to the studding of practical’s in computer education, why are there less computer system in the computer system in the computer lab of the school?
Accessories are those devices which are useful, helpful to the operation of computer, why is it that the accessories are not available in the computer lab?
Purpose of the study
The study was designed to find out the extent of availability of computer system and their accessories for effective teaching and learning in senior secondary schools under Uyo local Government Area. The major aim of this research work was :
1. To determine the level are the ICT facilities available for teaching and learning in uyo, akwa ibom state technical colleges.
2. To determine the level are the teachers and students in technical colleges use ICT facilities in teaching-learning.
3. To determine the challenges facing ICT facilities in colleges in uyo, akwa ibom state.
For the purpose of this study, the researcher has proposed the following research questions.
1. To what level are the ICT facilities available for teaching and learning in uyo, akwa ibom state technical colleges?
2. To what level are the teachers and students in technical colleges use ICT facilities in teaching-learning of vocational and technical education?
3. What are the challenges facing ICT facilities in technical colleges in uyo, akwa ibom state?
The following hypotheses were tested at 0.05 level of significance:
HO1: There is no significant difference in ICT facilities available for teaching and learning of uyo, akwa ibom state technical colleges.
HO2: There is no significant difference in the teachers and students in technical colleges use ICT facilities in teaching-learning of vocational and technical education.
HO3: There is no significant difference in the challenges facing ICT facilities in technical colleges in uyo, akwa ibom state.
Significance of the study
The study is expected to bring out results and good information on the extent of availability of computer system and their accessories for effective teaching and learning of computer science in senior secondary schools under Uyo education zone. The findings of this study will be of benefits to students, teachers, and educational administrators. The students may stand to benefit when the computer system and their accessories are available in the lab for practical in order to enhance effective teaching and learning. The teachers work will be made easier when instructional material are adequate and upgrade following stored information in the computer. This materials is of benefits to educational administrators to achieve their objectives which is to set-up computer study at the secondary school level as to well as devising clear strategies and technologies to be used by the federal and state government in introducing computer education in Nigeria. This strategy includes:
Training teachers and associate personnel.
Software development and evaluation
Maintance of hardware and peripherals
Scope of the study
This study s meant to discover the extent of availability of computer systems and their accessories in senior secondary schools within UyoLocal Government Area. The accessories expected to be seen in the schools include:
Input devices such as keyboard, mouse etc.
Output devices such as monitors, scanner,
Installation of software including system, Application software and Equipped computer lab.
Limitation of the Study
Limitations of the study were:
(1) language barrier i.e. inability of the students to comprehend the concepts in some of the items in the questionnaire. This s for translation into understandable language.
(2) The researcher faces some setbacks in distribution and retrieval of the questionnaires due limited time.
Definition of Terms
Computer: It is the electronic device that accepts data as an input and processes them electronics to produce the desired output or information with the aid of a set of instructions.
Accessories: Are those computer devices that are useful, helpful to the operations of the computer.
Program: A program is a set of instructions that informs the computer on what to do and how to do that.
Software: Is a collective term that refers to a group of related programs that directs the computer on what to do and how to do such a thing.
Hardware: Is a collective term that refers to all the physical components of the computer that can be seen or touched.
Peripherals: Are the computer devices that are connected to the central processing unit via cables or cords.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION The cry for new social order is very loud and persistent today in the global village with the advent of information technolog...Continue Reading »
2. THE INFLUENCE OF DRUG ABUSE ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The objective of this study is to identify the influence of drug abuse on academic of Secondary School Students in Kaduna South Local Governm...Continue Reading »
3. THE EFFECT OF PROVERTY ON SCHOOL ATTENDANCE IN PRIVATE SECONDRY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF OJI RIVER LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA ENUGU STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY educational sector in every part of the world fa...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background to the Study Over the past decades, the unfortunate reality is that the income gap has widened between Nigerian families. E...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Accounting has been generically referred to as the language of business. It is an aid to trade and one of the foundations on ...Continue Reading »
6. THE EFFECT OF PARENTAL INFLUENCE ON THE CHOICE OF CAREERS AND ROLES PLAYED IN ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENT» ABSTRACT The study was carried out to identify the effects of parental influence has on the child’s learning and his future life, endeavour of stude...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project is set to deal with the marked rise in the rate of divorces involving children education. It is contended that much of confusion...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Over the years, there have been growing concerns about the attitude of students towards the study of ...Continue Reading »
9. INFLUENCE OF TELEVISED VIOLENCE ON SOCIOEMOTIONAL AND ACADEMIC ADJUSTMENT OF STUDENTS IN FEDERAL TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN ANAMBRA STATE» ABSTRACT The major focus of this study is to assess the influence of television violence on socio emotional and adjustment of student of federal terti...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Federal Government in the year 2005 through the former Minister of Education, Mrs. Chinwe Oba...Continue Reading »