Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 62 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This study is on problems and prospects of teaching and learning business studies in secondary school. The total population for the study is 200 staff of selected secondary schools in Nsukka educational zone Enugu state. The researcher used questionnaires as the instrument for the data collection. Descriptive Survey research design was adopted for this study. A total of 133 respondents made up principals, vice principals administration, senior staff and junior staff was used for the study. The data collected were presented in tables and analyzed using simple percentages and frequencies
1.1 Background of the study
Business studies could be referred to as that area of vocational education that offers to courses in economic, commerce, book keeping, accounts, business mathematic typing and shorthand. The international dictionary of education (1979) refers to it as both commercial studies and business studies. The dictionary sees the commercial studies of education as the area that comprises such school subjects as typewriting, shorthand, book keeping and elementary accounting at defines business studies studies of commerce and management subjects. This definition however does not indicate the level of education at which the title should be used. The difference in title is a matter of sentiment which does not in any way determine the content of the courses at the various levels of education. In the secretary school in Nigeria the course is regarded as business studies but in the higher levels, in colleges and universities it is known as Business education or management science which covers subjects as well as related courses like business law, business management, accountancy, marketing data processing and computer.
Under the new system in education, these subjects are not studies in isolation in the junior secondary school. As a result of this problem, there has been less interest and motivation on the part of the students who offer business subjects in schools.
1.2 STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
Business education in Nigeria is at its developmental stage at the initial introduction of this course into our education system there was neither interest nor motivation from the government. According to Nsofor (1979) “The government was not only uninterested in including commercial subjects in the educational curriculum it made a deliberate and calculated attempt to frustrate the efforts of some of the philantiopicts”. Due to lack of attention which business education received at the introduction stage, efforts by the private proprietors no attention to crumple down. The proprietors gave no attention to the training of business teachers. This may be due to professional complications and financial burden which were not within their reach. It is discouraging to note that despite all the problem business education faces at the earlier stage and the opportunities at had offended to the country, much has not been done to improve the situation. Schools, students still today lack qualified business teachers which may be as a result of the period of former inadequate when compared with the complexities and dynamic nature of knowledge required. A major problems that face business education today is lack of equipment which are very necessary for proper mastery of the subject. As a result of these problems, there has been less interest and motivation on the part of the students who offer business subjects in school. Another problems which will inhibit a smooth teaching of business studies in secondary school is lack of libraries. The important of which cannot be over emphasized nor will not occupy lengthy discussion in this work.
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this study is to find out the problems and prospects of teaching and learning business studies in secondary schools in Nuskka educational zone of Enugu state. These include the following.
1. To identify the problems of teaching and learning business studies in secondary school in Nsukka Educational Zone of Enugu state.
2. To find out if such problems test in Nsukka Educational Zone of Enugu state
3. To know the extent of these problems if they exist
4. To recommend actions to be taken to prevent or avoid/reduce future problems of teaching and learning business studies in Nsukka Educational zone of Enugu State.
5. To ascertain the relationship between method of teaching and learning business studies and academic performance of student
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
H0: there are no problems of teaching and learning business studies in secondary school in Nsukka Educational Zone of Enugu state
H1: there are problems of teaching and learning business studies in secondary school in Nsukka Educational Zone of Enugu state
H02: there is no relationship between method of teaching and learning business studies and academic performance of student
H2: there is relationship between method of teaching and learning business studies and academic performance of student
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study definitely lies on the hope that an early identification of the existing problem in the teaching of business studies in secondary school call per measures to be adopted to eradicate them from the grass root. This will no doubt place the students on the right state with other areas to studies, It would serve as a reference point for further research not will also assist the government and the people in designing future educational policies to meet the need of the people
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers the problems and prospects of teaching and learning business studies in secondary school. The researcher encounters some constrain which limited the scope of the study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
PROBLEM: A matter or situation regarded as unwelcome or harmful and needing to be dealt with and overcome
PROSPECT: (sometimes pl) a probability or chance for future success, esp as based on present work or aptitude: a good job with prospects. 2. a vision of the future; what is foreseen; expectation: she was excited at the prospect of living in London, unemployment presents a grim prospect.
TEACHING: Specific statements of behaviour by a student after a period of learning proving they have learned. Learning strategies/ teaching methods. Activities chosen by the teacher to help students learn. Lecture. Subject introduced and delivered by the teacher in a specific time which transmits information.
LEARNING: Learning is the process of acquiring new or modifying existing knowledge, behaviors, skills, values, or preferences
BUSINESS STUDIE: Business Studies is an academic subject taught in schools and at university level in many countries. Its study combines elements of accountancy, finance, marketing, organizational studies and economics
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Nurses all over the world are important members of the healthcare team. They occupy the positions...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Nigeria is a developing country located in West Africa with a population of 182 million (United Natio...Continue Reading »
3. ASSESSMENT OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS USED IN TEACHING AND LEARNING OF ECONOMICS IN GOVERNMENT SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ENUGU EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA O...» ABSTRACT This study was to identify the type of instructional materials used in teaching and learning of Economics in government secondary school in E...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the study Education plays a prominent role in the overall development of a Nation. Education not only provi...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1: PROBLEM, AIMS AND PLAN OF STUDY 1.1 Introductory orientation Truancy is about learners who have not been attending school regularly as requ...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF ICT ON THE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF GEOGRAPHY STUDENTS IN NIGER STATE COLLEGE OF EDUCATION MINNA» ABSTRACT This research work was carried out to examine the effects of ICT on the academic achievement of Geography Students in Niger State College of ...Continue Reading »
7. INVESTIGATION INTO INDISCIPLINE AMONG STUDENTS IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study [ Indiscipline is an act of not conforming to order, policies procedures, rules and regulations o...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title Page Certification Dedication Acknowledgement Abstract CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Statement of the Prob...Continue Reading »
9. FINANCIAL STRATEGY AS SUPPORT DETERMINANT FOR THE AVOIDANCE AND RESOLUTION OF DISTRESS IN THE NIGERIAN BANKING INDUSTRY» ABSTRACT The banking sector is the bedrock of the Nigerian economy, and this industry is known to have contributed in no small measure to the developm...Continue Reading »
10. THE EFFECT OF LABORATORY AND SCIENTIFIC EQUIPMENT ON THE STUDENTS’ PERFORMANCE IN (WAEC) IN RANDOMLY SELECTED SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Every human being has an element of curiosity in him or herself, this element of curiosity when a...Continue Reading »