Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Background of the study
Technical and vocational education could be defined as those aspects of education process involving in addition to general education, the study of technologies and related sciences and the acquisition of practical skills, attitude, understanding and knowledge relating to occupation in various sectors of economic and social life. National policy on education (2004)
Technical vocational education is defined according to Akerele (2007) as that aspect of education that exposes the learner to the acquisition of demonstration skills that could be transformed into economic benefits and sustainable live hood. The national policy on education has placed a premium on in view of its important role in technological and industrial development of Nigeria. It is recognized as that aspect of education which leads to the acquisition of practical and applied skills as well as basic scientific knowledge (NDE 2004).
Oni (2007) described technical vocational education as that type of education which fits the individuals for gainful employment in recognized career as semi-skilled workers or technicians or sub-professionals.
According to Audu et al (2013) any form of education that is geared towards teaching technical skills and attitudes suitable to such skill can be regarded as technical vocational education.
Tilak (2002) emphasized that quality of technical vocational education is well planned and co-ordinate will guarantee student with skills, increasing production processes resulting from technological advancement, the nature of the demand for skills both in terms of quantity and quality help in promoting the need for vocational and technical education.
The board base curriculum of technical education was to offer student chances to test their abilities so that they can become self reliable choice of career.
According to national policy on education (NPE) (2004) the goals of technical and vocational education shall be to:
i. Provide trained manpower in applied science, technology and business particularly at craft, advanced craft and technical levels
ii. Provide technical knowledge and vocational skills for agricultural commercial and economic development.
iii. Give training and impact the necessary skills to individual who shall be self reliant economically
Electrical is a field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity electronics and electromagnetism.
Teacher play very important role in the development of the nation to achieved its desire goals and objectives.
Teacher is the one that impact knowledge instruct and causes the learners student to understand the message pass to their them in either classroom, workshop or any situated environment conducive for learning.
Therefore, teachers deserve some qualities that make him greater, good and professional such qualities are:
i. Mastery of the subject matter
ii. Known the method suitable for teaching and learners
iii. Clear objectives for lessons
Electrical/ electronics teachers in not exempted from the generalities of that, therefore, Mobile, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work teachers are expected to observe these qualities of a good teacher so as to be able to deliver their duties successfully in the field.
The national policy of education NPE (2004) acknowledges that no education and system can be better than the teachers who operate it. Therefore to have good quality education the person operating it must be well trained and be provided with needed materials to be able to impart the desired knowledge to the learners.
The quality of vocational and technical education depends on upon the teachers and method of administration. Musa (2007)
Musa (2007) asserted that most or all technical courses offered in technical schools are ideally supposed to carry out 60% practical. The reversed is the case as most of these courses are thought theoretically thereby compounding the problem of ineffectiveness in teaching of these courses.
Bature (2004) remarked that as technical teachers one need to posses the skills of teaching above that or the students who he teaches should continue to update his teaching competently often in area of training needs which may include manipulative and technical skills, teaching method, classroom workshop management evaluation techniques guidance role, human relation and of cause in some area or professional training. He added that because of the enormity of the work being carried out by technical teachers there is need for them to meet with both present and future changes and also to keep update of event happening in teaching career.
According to Isyaku (2004) the Mobile, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work teachers are required to be well skilled in their trade but without that maximum result cannot be achieved.
The manpower requirement is very important in teaching Mobile, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work because if there is no highly trained manpower that win be no any effective teaching and learning process. Teaching and learning lay on the hand of the teacher Bature (2004)
The proper understanding of the technical education on people lives in relation to social issues and economic development of any developing country is vital. Technical education is recognized as the best solution to the problems of technological, industrial and economic development of any developing nation, it brings better equipment, better morale behaviour to the learners.
Skill according to oxford dictionary (2012) as an ability to perform certain perfectly with out mistakes. A skill is a learned capacity to carryout predetermined result often with the minimum outlay of time energy or both.
Skill as a concept has been Gatenby Thakfield variously defined by various authors. However, Galenby and Aulk (1993) defined skills as the expertly carry out on operation dosteting and task.
According to Okories (2000) skill improves when procedural instruction are matched with performance ativities. Mgheahoriki (2000) further explained that the improvement of skills and abilities in technical education depend upon individuals i.e teachers having real situation on the work as a basic of developing sound judgment and clear out mode of action.
Skill acquisition is very important in technical education.
1. It provides self – reliance for both the teachers and learners.
2. A skillful individual may be self – reliance by using the acquire skill to earn a living.
3. It also reduces poverty by making used of the skill acquired to solve immediate problem for instance hard work like carpentry.
4. It reduce unemployment, the acquires skill will make the person to be self employed by opening a workshop for himself and also he will be able to employ and train others.
5. It increase economic growth, it boaster the economic of the Nation through establishing mini companies where the revenue goes to the Nation economics, by that it brings economic growth and development.
Statement of the problem
However, due to the lack of training and retraining, workshops facilities and materials as well as obsolete equipment in most of technical colleges in katsina zone, teachers of Mobile, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work technology found it difficult to actualized the objective of technical education as profound by the national policy of education. These contribute to the failure of the student in the Mobile, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work courses.
Purpose of the study
The purpose of this study is to find out factors that will enhance the skills improvement needs of Mobile, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work teachers in technical college in katsina zone particularly the study is ought to focus on the following
i. Determine the quality of Mobile, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work teachers
ii. Determine the availability of Mobile, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work practical materials
iii. Determine the conditions and effectiveness of Mobile, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work workshop in the technical colleges.
Significance of the study
The finding of the study will be of useful and benefit to the teachers and administration of technical colleges in katsina.
It will also be of benefit to federal, state and local government for them to provide necessary facilities, materials, equipment, manpower and conducive environment for both the teachers and students in technical colleges.
It will also be of benefit to non government organization so as to assist the students/teachers with necessary facilities and equipment for teaching and learning of course.
The following research question will be formulated to guide the researchers for the study
i. What are the qualities of Mobile, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work teachers?
ii. What are the support by the ministry of education, science and technical board in improving the teaching/learning of electrical/electronic technology?
iii. What are the quality and quantities of electrical/electronic technology workshops, materials, tools, and equipment in the technical colleges?
Scope and delimitation of study
The study will be delimited to the skills improvement needs of Mobile, Electrical Installation and Maintenance Work teachers in technical colleges in katsina zone namely.
i. Government technical college katsina
ii. Government technical college ingawa
iii. Government technical college mashi
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» Abstract This study is on an evaluation of principals administrative in Nigeria secondary schools in Nigeria. The total population for the study is 20...Continue Reading »
2. KNOWLEDGE AND ATTITUDE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS TOWARDS SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES IN LAUVN LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA NIGER STATE» Abstract BACKGROUND: Globally, sexually transmitted disease (STD) is a public health problem. In Nigeria, adolescents form a substantial proportion (2...Continue Reading »
3. HEALTH EFFECT OF STREET HAWKING AMONG CHILDREN A CASE STUDY OF TUDUN WADA KADUNA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA KADUNA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 Background of the Study Water sustains life; therefore its constant availability is of paramount importance to ensure the continuity o...Continue Reading »
4. MOTIVATION AS AN INSTRUMENT FOR ENHANCING STUDENTS INTEREST IN THE STUDY OF ECONOMICS IN AGUATA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN ANAMBRA STATE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the study It has been noted that motivation is an important factor in learning and an umbrella term that covers...Continue Reading »
5. A STUDY OF THE COMMON DIFFICULTIES ENCOUNTERED BY STUDENTS IN CHEMISTRY PRACTICAL CLASS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN UHUNMWONDE L. G. A. OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION The technological advancement of any country depends on the scientific background of such country. Chemistry teaching pra...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF INSTRUCTIONAL RESOURCES AND MATERIALS IN THE TEACHING OF CHEMISTRY IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» ABSTRACT The aim of this study is to examine the impact of instructional Resources/ materials for teaching chemistry in secondary schools in Awka, Ana...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study In Nigeria, the main instrument for social change is western education. Education is the surest and g...Continue Reading »
8. FACTORS AFFECTING CHOICE OF CAREER AMONG SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE.» ABSTRACT This study is aimed at identifying the factors affecting career choice among senior secondary schools students in Oredo Local Government Area...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Young people develop contain habits for the save of acceptance in a group. They resort to dangero...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Parental occupation is one of the key factors that determine a child’s/students decision career...Continue Reading »