Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
TABLE OF CONTENT
TITLE PAGE i
TABLE OF CONTENT v
LIST OF TABLES vii
CHAPTER ONE – INTRODUCTION 1
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM 5
1.3 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH QUESTIONS 6
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY 6
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY 6
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY 7
The purpose of the study is to examine influence of family background on academic achievement of pupils in primary schools in Port Harcourt city local Government Area, Rivers state. The specific objectives were: to identify the influence parental socio-economic status, broken home, family size and type have on pupil’s academic performance, and to find out whether educational background of parents has any influence on pupil’s academic achievement. Four structure research questions were developed to guide the study. Descriptive research survey design technique was used in the study. The population of the study comprises of all Government owned (Public) and private primary schools in Port Harcourt City Local Government Area Council with total population of twelve thousand four hundred and thirteen (12,413) while the sample size for the study was comprises of 388 pupils which were determine using yaro yamen and random sampling technique was employed in selecting the sample for the study. The instrument used was researcher’s constructed structure questionnaire on a four point’s likert’s scale type with 5-items in each cluster. The research instrument was validated by an expert in measurement and evaluation, and the researcher’s supervisor. Similarly, the reliability of the instrument was tested using the test-retest method and the data obtained were analyzed using Pearson Product Moment Correlation which gives a reliability coefficient of 0.86. Mean and percentage distribution were simple descriptive statistics used in analyzing the research questions while t-test was used to test the hypotheses at the 5% level of significance. The results from the analysis show that family background has significant influence on pupil’s academic achievement. Hence, based on results obtained from the study, recommendation were made to the parents, government and other stake holders in the education industry on how best they can work together to motivate and ensure the pupils achieved academic excellence.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction This chapter presents the background of the study, statement of the problem, objectives of the study, si...Continue Reading »
2. THE EFFECT OF TEACHERS’ QUALIFICATION AND SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT ON STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN BASIC/INTEGRATED SCIENCE» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.8 Background to the study Underachievement and poor performance of pupils and students in primary, secondary and tertiary ins...Continue Reading »
3. INFLUENCE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON LEARNING OF BIOLOGY IN EZZA SOUTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EBONYI STATE» ABSTRACT This study sought to determine the influence of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) facilities on learning of biology in Ezza Sout...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Field trips are a critical component of standards based instruction in the classroom, not a separ...Continue Reading »
5. TEACHERS QUALITY ON PERFORMANCE OF JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN INTEGRATED SCIENCE IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION Background to The Study Teachers’ quality has been the focus of considerable debated worldwide since the middle of 20th cent...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study In life, anger is unavoidable. It occurs between two people, between groups and even within an indivi...Continue Reading »
7. PROBLEM OF EXTENDED FAMILY SYSTEM ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SOME SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STA...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Students performance in secondary schools over the years, have not been very encouraging. This ha...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Right from the beginning of ages, the effect of early marriage on the academic performance of...Continue Reading »
9. AN ASSESSMENT OF TEACHERS MOTIVATION AND ATTITUDE TO WORK AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN YOBE STATE: A CASE STUDY OF PUBLIC SECONDARY SCHOOLS, YOB...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Teachers are very important in the developing the future of student and the academic sector in Ni...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The Nigeria business climate has been adjustment by expect as one of the hostile, turbulent and volatile and vet challenging. It stands to re...Continue Reading »