Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
TABLE OF CONTENT
TITLE PAGE i
TABLE OF CONTENT v
LIST OF TABLES vii
CHAPTER ONE – INTRODUCTION 1
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM 5
1.3 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH QUESTIONS 6
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY 6
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY 6
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY 7
The purpose of the study is to examine influence of family background on academic achievement of pupils in primary schools in Port Harcourt city local Government Area, Rivers state. The specific objectives were: to identify the influence parental socio-economic status, broken home, family size and type have on pupil’s academic performance, and to find out whether educational background of parents has any influence on pupil’s academic achievement. Four structure research questions were developed to guide the study. Descriptive research survey design technique was used in the study. The population of the study comprises of all Government owned (Public) and private primary schools in Port Harcourt City Local Government Area Council with total population of twelve thousand four hundred and thirteen (12,413) while the sample size for the study was comprises of 388 pupils which were determine using yaro yamen and random sampling technique was employed in selecting the sample for the study. The instrument used was researcher’s constructed structure questionnaire on a four point’s likert’s scale type with 5-items in each cluster. The research instrument was validated by an expert in measurement and evaluation, and the researcher’s supervisor. Similarly, the reliability of the instrument was tested using the test-retest method and the data obtained were analyzed using Pearson Product Moment Correlation which gives a reliability coefficient of 0.86. Mean and percentage distribution were simple descriptive statistics used in analyzing the research questions while t-test was used to test the hypotheses at the 5% level of significance. The results from the analysis show that family background has significant influence on pupil’s academic achievement. Hence, based on results obtained from the study, recommendation were made to the parents, government and other stake holders in the education industry on how best they can work together to motivate and ensure the pupils achieved academic excellence.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT This study entitled "The Effect of working Mothers on the Educational Development their Children" was designed to be descriptive survey metho...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was carried out to investigate strategies for effective implementation of youth empowerment programmes in Abia State, Nigeria. To ...Continue Reading »
3. FACTORS MILITATING AGAINST THE PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN INTRODUCTORY TECHNOLOGY IN JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL LEVEL IN NIGERIA” (A CASE STUDY OF SEC...» ABSTRACT It is disheartening to say that until recently, Introductory Technology Education was not paid attention to by the introducers and the acquir...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The activities of entrepreneurial education in the empowerment of youths in Nigeria have increase...Continue Reading »
5. THE EFFECT OF POOR LEARNING ENVIRONMENT ON THE ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS IN UDI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION In Africa, the child is regarded as very important and highly valued. Due to this reason, the Africans do not disregard their...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECTS OF MORAL UPBRINGING ON CHILD’S ACADEMIC PERFORMANE IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS KOLGA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA» ABSTRACT The aim of this study was to find out the effects of moral upbringing on child’s academic performance in secondary schools kolga local ...Continue Reading »
7. A STUDY OF GENDER DIFFERENCES IN THEREFORE ATTITUDE OF STUDENTS TO SCIENCE SUBJECTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the problem Until the later half of the twentieth century, the different roles of men and women in society ...Continue Reading »
8. AN IDENTIFICATION OF FACTORS AFFECTING THE EFFECTIVE TEACHING OF PHYSICS PRACTICAL IN OVIA SOUTH WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Man was able to progress to a high degree of civilization through the careful study of the causes of ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The increasing rate of juvenile delinquency has become a major social problem globally and locally. Researchers and concerned individuals hav...Continue Reading »
10. ATTRIBUTES OF A TEACHER BEING A ROLE MODEL IN THE CHILDS ACHIEVEMENT IN AREA OF CHRISTIAN RELIGIOUS KNOWLEDGE (C.R.K) IN THE STUDY AREA» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION Christian religious knowledge (C.R.K) is of great significance to children from Christian homes and are enrolled into eit...Continue Reading »