Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
TABLE OF CONTENT
TITLE PAGE i
TABLE OF CONTENT v
LIST OF TABLES vii
CHAPTER ONE – INTRODUCTION 1
1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY 1
1.2 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH PROBLEM 5
1.3 STATEMENT OF RESEARCH QUESTIONS 6
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY 6
1.5 SCOPE OF THE STUDY 6
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY 7
The purpose of the study is to examine influence of family background on academic achievement of pupils in primary schools in Port Harcourt city local Government Area, Rivers state. The specific objectives were: to identify the influence parental socio-economic status, broken home, family size and type have on pupil’s academic performance, and to find out whether educational background of parents has any influence on pupil’s academic achievement. Four structure research questions were developed to guide the study. Descriptive research survey design technique was used in the study. The population of the study comprises of all Government owned (Public) and private primary schools in Port Harcourt City Local Government Area Council with total population of twelve thousand four hundred and thirteen (12,413) while the sample size for the study was comprises of 388 pupils which were determine using yaro yamen and random sampling technique was employed in selecting the sample for the study. The instrument used was researcher’s constructed structure questionnaire on a four point’s likert’s scale type with 5-items in each cluster. The research instrument was validated by an expert in measurement and evaluation, and the researcher’s supervisor. Similarly, the reliability of the instrument was tested using the test-retest method and the data obtained were analyzed using Pearson Product Moment Correlation which gives a reliability coefficient of 0.86. Mean and percentage distribution were simple descriptive statistics used in analyzing the research questions while t-test was used to test the hypotheses at the 5% level of significance. The results from the analysis show that family background has significant influence on pupil’s academic achievement. Hence, based on results obtained from the study, recommendation were made to the parents, government and other stake holders in the education industry on how best they can work together to motivate and ensure the pupils achieved academic excellence.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ABORTION AS A CAUSATIVE FACTORS TO THE INCREASE IN MOTALITY RATE AMONG ADOLESCENT (AGES 13 â€“ 20) IN OVIA SOUTH WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ED...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Abortion is a relatively used term. It is the word used to describe the act of termination or destruction...Continue Reading »
2. A SURVEY OF EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Examinations in Nigerian schools dated back to the advent of formal education in the country in t...Continue Reading »
3. PERCEIVED INFLUENCE OF SUPERVISION OF INSTRUCTION ON TEACHERS’ CLASSROOM PERFORMANCE IN IJEBU-NORTH EDUCATION ZONE OF OGUN STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the study Instructional supervision is a constant process that aims at improving teaching by providing needed s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Sex is a basic physiological need of every human being, male and females are created with differe...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study T One of the most paramount function of Nollywood movies in the society is to entertain as well a...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Broadcasting media particularly television is one of the major agents of socialization, education and mobilization in this contemporary socie...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Science is an intellectual activity carried on by humans that is designed to discover information...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This study was motivated by the observed low life expectancy of men compared to women. Explanations to this observation were sought for in th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Organizations, whether profit oriented or service oriented are designed to work towards achieveme...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The thrust of this study is a sociolinguistic analysis of the gender on language use. The method of investigation used for this study is ques...Continue Reading »