Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 50 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,500
In totality the project is concerning the problem encountered by social workers in social work practice. In details, this project consists of five chapters, the first chapter is the introduction part were the researcher highlights the background, aims, objectives and significance of the study as well as research question. Constitute the chapter one, second chapter the researcher review the different contribution made by authors about the problems encountered by social workers in social work practice. The third chapter is the research methodology, while four the last chapter the research presented and analysis of data base on the questionnaire filled by the respondents. The last chapter is the researcher summarized the whole project in details, draw to conclusion as well as recommendations by the researcher. I therefore, believe this project will allow the government and general public to recognize and understand the importance and problems faces by social workers in social work practice in this country.
Although social work practice in Nigerian is gradually growing group, the rate of development acceptance of any reformation is very slow, social work is still growing in Nigeria.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
For years now, social work practice department in this country, had laid make emphasis on the correction of juvenile delinquents and vagrants, and sometimes organizers of youth clubs/association and sports, in fact this is part of their work but the function of social welfare department is to help the poor and the needy in their bit to survivor, it is also to help problems that brought about by environment of social change.
The welfare are therefore, meant toward those who cannot meet up with the challenges (new social changes), there are several services offered in the state and these include conciliation rehabilitation and general welfare, these includes married couples with marital problems, victims of mental and physical distress or handicapped etc. others includes services for children is of service to children with social workers, investigation are carried out by social workers with the aim of helping the court to determine the type of treatments to be made. The social welfare agency also are responsible for looking after abandoned babies and making proper arrangement to find foster parents for them or placing them in children’s home services to family in distress is another and these involves family case work practice. The social workers tries to discourage family disintegration and endeavour when ever possible i.e. to affect matrimonial reconciliation, this involves many persuasion and many difficulties are often encountered, service for the handicapped, disable person and baggers and these also mainly rehabilitate the unfortunate people.
At present there are five rehabilitation centres in Kaduna state the centres and were they are situated are Kakuri, Barnawa, Sabon Tasha and Magajin Gari, within Kaduna metropolis, to the low recognition or piece meal given to social welfare services department in this country social workers can not provide these above mentioned services. Effectively thus most of our social policy and planning fails.
1.2STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
This research work is from observation and interaction with the staffs at the agency (social welfare magin gari Kaduna state) during my SIWES attachment and it became evidence that in the agency, work is slow, cases that suppose to be brought to social welfare are been taken to the police, also there is need for workshops and seminars.
1.3SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study is restricted to finding out the problems encountered by social workers in social work practice. The study limits the collection of data to selected social welfare centre magajin gari and social welfare office magajin gari and also the social welfare office sabon tasha Kaduna state.
The findings of this study was gotten from observation and interaction with staffs of the agency during my industrial training fund (I.T.F) attachment social development encompasses, child welfare, rehabilitation etc. but it will only focus on the problems encountered by social workers in social work practice.
1.4AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
The general objectives of this study is to identify the problems encountered by social workers in social work practice in magajin gari, local government social welfare office Kaduna and social welfare office Sabon Tasha Kaduna state.
The specific objectives includes
1. To find out the range of service rendered by the agency
2. To identify the problems with which the staffs of the agency had to contend
3. To determine how client were informed about the agency and the type of problems the brought to the agency and whether the got the help or not.
4. To know what strategies one could adopt to enhance the services
1. What are the range of services rendered by the social welfare agencies
2. what are the problems encountered by the staffs in the social welfare agency (magajin gari and sabon tasha)
3. what are the problems been brought by client to the social welfare agency? And are these problem properly solve?
1.6SIGNIFICANT OF THE STUDY
The pattern of social welfare work in Nigeria has witnessed many changes in the last decade. The inexperience men previously see social welfare agency as rendering family services alone such as children maintenance allowance. Child dispate and maltreatment or handling wives by their respective husbands. But due to rapid public awareness, many stored appreciating the scope of the services rendered by the agency. These include among others, child care, hospital services, probation, family welfare, youth and prison welfare services respectively.
This project will enable the authority concerned and the populace to understand and appreciate the importance and problems encountered by the social welfare agencies in this country.
The social workers will benefit from these study in the source that it will help and make them know were they are lacking behind.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF CHRISTAIN RELIGIOUS STUDIES ON THE MORALS OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF UYO AKWA IBOM STATE)» ABSTRACT This research discusses the impact of Christian religious studies on the morals of secondary school students in Uyo metropolis. It discussed ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Education is universally recognized as the answer to socio economic problems of the world. Natio...Continue Reading »
3. MOTIVATIONAL STRATEGIES FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING IN SECONDARY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF ONITSHA SOUTH SECONDARY SCHOOL)» ABSTRACT The study is an investigation into the motivational strategies for effective teaching and learning in secondary school. It provides a concept...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study is on identification of difficult teaching topics in integrated science in junior secondary school. The total population for the s...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The internet can be conceived as a rich, multi layered complex ever changing text for information...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1THE BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY This study is an attempt to examine the idea of the Leviathan in Thomas Hobbes political philo...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In our society today, students face a complex and rapidly changing society. It has been reported ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the studyThe ability to see beyond the limits of assumptions makes the failure of planning very rare. The so...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The high level of moral decadence and insurgencies in Nigerian nation is an indication that ther...Continue Reading »
10. SCHOOL COUNSELOR AND PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER PERCEPTION OF THE ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENT OF UBE AMONG STUDENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Education is very important for the development of individuals and the society. In realization of...Continue Reading »