Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
1.1 Background to the study
Lateness to school started long ago, everywhere in a way that cannot be controlled in recent time. The problem of lateness has eaten deep into Nigeria children the problem of pupil’s lateness to school has now turn to national problem. Lateness merely means arriving after expected time. Children commonly miss their school or coming lately because of their usual habits, such as waking up late due to laziness: rushing of undone assignment, unprepared bath, breakfast or meals, clothes, their pack lunch etc. and waiting for companions or friends coming to school the bus is late; and sometimes because of some problems in their parent that affects them and interest in coming to school seeing their with misunderstandings. A financial support is another too. Kids like having many delightful possessions. They would be and seeing their class mates with something they don’t have or sometimes they are ashamed of coming to school. Oxford advanced learners dictionary defined lateness as arriving after the expected arrange or usual time. It is after the right, fixed, usual or expected time; therefore lateness is the opposite of early. The question now is what are the factors responsible for pupil’s lateness to school. Authorities have wonder why scholars come late to school. But they have not been able to make deep research into this problem in a bid of providing solutions and recommendation, which would help to cure the problem. This study will focus attention on the factors responsible for the pupil’s lateness and an attempt to finding solution to this problem.
1.2 Statement of Problem
Lateness among school pupils is increasing and spreading. Everywhere is a way that cannot be controlled in our societies. A close look at the factors that are responsible for it, it’s the purpose of the study. The importance of this can never be over liked in the process of learning experience had shown that children who are habitual late comer never do well in their academics, this is true because before their arrival it is very likely for them missing some steps in the teaching/learning process. This will affect their learning adversely. Inspite of the efforts made by the teachers and the school authorities to solve this problem. The children were still found indulging in late coming in an attempt to know the factors responsible the teachers attributed it to the parents while the parents hold the teacher to ransom. To some others, the children themselves and the peers group influence are responsible. With the result of this study, it is believed that solutions to this problem will be provided as the factors responsible for the lateness are identified and recommendations are made. The children will be better guided and ways of overcoming their problems and like up to expectation as good children are know. In addition, this study will also help the nation as the children will now develop the spirit of punctuality at school and becomes good citizen in their future life.
1.3 Objectives of the study
1. To determine the relationship between Parental educational level and students’ lateness of senior secondary school students.
2. To determine the relationship between Parental income level and lateness of senior secondary school students.
3. To determine the relationship between Parental educational level and lateness of senior secondary school students.
4. To determine the relationship between parental income level and lateness of senior secondary school students.
1.4 Research Questions
1. What is the relationship between Parental educational level and lateness of senior secondary school students?
2. What is the relationship between Parental income level and lateness of senior secondary school students?
3. What is the relationship between Parental educational level and lateness of senior secondary school students?
4. What is the relationship between Parental income level and lateness of senior secondary school students?
1.5 Research Hypotheses
1. There is no significant relationship between Parental Educational level and lateness of senior secondary school students.
2. There is no significant relationship between Parental income level and lateness of senior secondary school students.
3. There is no significant relationship between Parental educational level and lateness of senior secondary school students.
4. There is no significant relationship between Parental income level and lateness of senior secondary school students.
1.5 Basic Assumptions
The followings have been assumed for the study.
1. It is assumed that Parental Educational and Income levels may influence lateness of senior secondary school students.
2. It is assumed that parents of all income and educational levels want their children to adjust well in terms of been punctual.
3. It is assumed that parents of all income and educational levels want their children to go early to school.
1.6 Significance of the study
On successful completion of this study pupils and parents will be exposing to the various factors that are responsible for pupil’s lateness to school and to the rightful measure necessary to eradicate this bad habit. This study will help to motivate parents to make the children come early to school and this will in turn improve the students’ lateness of the individual. Also it will enable the pupils to be discipline both at school and in future life.
1.8 Scope and delimitation of the study
This study investigated the relationships among Parents’ Educational level and Income, Students’ lateness and Performance of Senior Secondary School students in Kaduna Metropolis. The study was conducted in four selected senior secondary schools, due to the large population of secondary school students and the cosmopolitan nature of Kaduna, the study is limited to Kaduna Metropolis only.
The study is delimited to SS1 and SS2 students in selected public and private secondary schools. Students’ questionnaire only was administered. Findings were limited to Kaduna metropolis; but could be generalised to other towns if found worthy.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. META-ANALYSIS OF STUDIES ON EFFECT OF TEACHING METHODS ON STUDENTS’ ACHIEVEMENT, INTEREST AND RETENTION IN MATHEMATICS» Abstract This study investigated the different research studies on effect of teaching methods on students’ achievement, interest and retention in ma...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT This project was designed to research into the influence of home background on the academic performance of children in selected schools in Ed...Continue Reading »
3. MAINTENANCE SKILLS IMPROVEMENT NEEDS OF ELECTRICAL AND ELECTRONICS TEACHERS IN GOVERNMENT TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN NIGER STATE.» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Declaration ii Approval page iii Dedication iv Acknowledgement v Table of contents vi List of Tables ix Abstract x CHAP...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction One of the serious socio – economic problems facing Nigeria as a nation is the high rate of unemployment. Baniro et...Continue Reading »
5. ABORTION AS A CAUSATIVE FACTORS TO THE INCREASE IN MOTALITY RATE AMONG ADOLESCENT (AGES 13 â€“ 20) IN OVIA SOUTH WEST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF ED...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Abortion is a relatively used term. It is the word used to describe the act of termination or destruction...Continue Reading »
6. EFFECT OF ACCOUNTING CONCEPT APPLICATION ON GOVERNMENT EDUCATION PARASTATALS (CASE STUDY OF AKWA IBOM STATE)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF STUDY In this world, everything is important nothing is useless. But for knowing the importance of anything you...Continue Reading »
7. STRATEGIES FOR IMPROVING COMPUTER STUDIES IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ANIOCHA AND OSHIMILI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA IN DELTA STATE» ABSTRACT The major purpose of this study was to determine the strategies for improving accounting education in secondary schools. Four research questi...Continue Reading »
8. ASSESSMENT OF ADMINISTRATIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS APPLIED BY PRINCIPALS OF SCHOOLS OF NURSING IN THE SOUTH EAST ZONE OF NIGERIA» ABSTRACT Principals of schools of nursing are confronted with situations that involve a lot of communication.The aim of the study therefore was to ass...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Domestic violence has caused so many issues in the life of many Nigerians; separating families an...Continue Reading »
10. FACTORS AFFECTING STUDENTS PERFORMANCE IN TECHNICAL DRAWING IN FEDERAL COLLEGES OF EDUCATION (TECHNICAL) IN THE NORTHWEST ZONE OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the study There is an increasing concern towards the academic performance of students recent years. One reason fo...Continue Reading »