Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Technological change and globalization have created a new global economy with Information and Communication Technology (ICT) occupying a complex position in relation to globalization. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in education has been continuously linked to higher efficiency, higher productivity, and higher educational outcomes, including quality of thought processes, creative and innovative thinking. In response to the global imperative of Education for All and not willing to be left at lower side of inequality of access to information technology. This study explores Nigeria’s ICT in education policies, implementation efforts, and availability of ICT tools in schools; teachers’ knowledge, experience and practices in use of ICT at the higher education level; using qualitative analysis of existing documents and descriptive research design. The survey instrument is a self-designed and validated 25-item questionnaire administered to 50 lecturers and students 150 at the University of Benin, Benin City. Findings showed that Nigeria is yet to fully commit to ICT integration in education as two key ingredients are lacking-ICT skilled personnel and ICT tools.
1.1 Background of Study According to Blurton (1999), ICT is an accepted acronym of the word information communication technology. It is a diverse set of technological tools and resources used to communicate and to create, disseminate, store and manage information. This means that ICT helps in the storage and management of information.
These skills include the ability to become lifelong learners within a context of collaborative inquiry and the ability to work and learn from experts and peers in a connected global community. The information society demands a workforce that can use technology as a tool to increase productivity and creativity. This involves identifying reliable sources of information, effectively accessing these sources of information, synthesizing and communicating that information to colleagues and associates. Information is a key resource for undergraduate teaching, learning, research, and publishing. This brings the need for effective methods of information processing and transmission.
The use of computers and the Internet is still in its infancy in developing countries, if these are used at all, due to limited infrastructure and the attendant high costs of access.
1.2Statement of the Problem
The evolution of ICT into universities clearly changes the way education is conducted. Not only is it possible to work with distance learning and achieve a closer collaboration between different universities, but also paving the way to spread knowledge and disseminate information. The pace of change brought about by new technologies has had a significant effect on the way people live, work and play worldwide. New and emerging technologies challenge traditional process of information use and dissemination and the ways information is managed. Easy worldwide communication provides instant access to a vast array of data, challenge assimilation and assessment skills, rapid communication plus increased access to ICT at home, work and in educational establishment.
1.3 Significance of the StudyTo determine to what extent lecturers and students respond to ICT towards e-learning
To explore the current advent of ICT in Nigeria universities.
To gather and disseminate information on the importance of ICT toward e-learning
The power of ICT to connect teachers and learners to the knowledge they need wherever that knowledge exists is being harnessed. For e-learning to succeed in any Nigeria university, it must be built on solid infrastructural background with highly effective internet connectivity. More so, to guarantee effective learning system it is, therefore, fundamental to implement self-sustaining Internet and computer training, which will eventually allow lecturers and students to keep pace with latest development. The university should provide them access to technological and academic information, as well as Internet training at various levels.
1.4Scope of StudyThe scope of study will determine the extent of ICT utilization towards e-learning in Nigeria University.
1.5Research MethodologyA search design instrument (questionnaire) was designed and distributed among students and lecturers in the university (UNIBEN).
1.6Limitation of StudyTime was a major constrain since I have combine academic work with the project and gathering of resources materials.
The difficulty of access to lecturer’s office and persuading the students in attending to questionnaires.
Power supply was major constrain for this study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. THE IMPACT OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON THE LEARNING AND TEACHING OF BIOLOGY IN SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN ISOLO LGA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study. Education is a preparation for life. This is related to the acquisition of skills to earn a livi...Continue Reading »
2. EFFECT OF COOPERATIVE LEARNING ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN BASIC TECHNOLOGY IN ONELGA RIVERS STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction In order to teach effectively, the teachers must have sufficient knowledge about the students, in addition to the knowled...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Education is a inevitable instrument that can be used in enhancing national and economic development,...Continue Reading »
4. INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS UTILIZATION ON JSS 3 STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN MATHEMATICS IN IBESIKPO AZUTAN LOCAL GOVERNMENT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The search for efficient and effective delivery of instructions to Students has always been major...Continue Reading »
5. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN TEACHING METHODS UTILIZED IN ECONOMICS IN SECONDARY SCHOOL AND STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN OREDO L.G.A OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The primary purpose of teaching at any level of education is to bring a basic change in the learn...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Gender diversity and the inclusion of more women in boards of directors and top executive managem...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF RECREATIONAL FACILITIES ON ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF PRIMARY FOUR PUPILS TAUGHT SOCIAL STUDIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The teaching – learning process involves a vast array of interactional processes at the cen...Continue Reading »
8. RADIO LISTENING HABITS OF STUDENTS IN THE HIGHER INSTITUTION IN KADUNA STATE IN RELATION TO SPECIFIC PROGRAMME GENRES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1.0 Background to the study Radio in the society over the years has provided and is still providing a readily available cha...Continue Reading »
» Abstract This study examined the influence of social networking on the academic performance of Caritas university student. A study of Caritas Universi...Continue Reading »
10. COMPARISM OF ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE IN EXTERNAL EXAMINAT...» ABSTRACT The research investigated the comparison of academic performances of junior Science in External Examinations from 2003 2007. This study is a ...Continue Reading »