Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 67 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Technological change and globalization have created a new global economy with Information and Communication Technology (ICT) occupying a complex position in relation to globalization. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in education has been continuously linked to higher efficiency, higher productivity, and higher educational outcomes, including quality of thought processes, creative and innovative thinking. In response to the global imperative of Education for All and not willing to be left at lower side of inequality of access to information technology. This study explores Nigeria’s ICT in education policies, implementation efforts, and availability of ICT tools in schools; teachers’ knowledge, experience and practices in use of ICT at the higher education level; using qualitative analysis of existing documents and descriptive research design. The survey instrument is a self-designed and validated 25-item questionnaire administered to 50 lecturers and students 150 at the University of Benin, Benin City. Findings showed that Nigeria is yet to fully commit to ICT integration in education as two key ingredients are lacking-ICT skilled personnel and ICT tools.
1.1 Background of Study According to Blurton (1999), ICT is an accepted acronym of the word information communication technology. It is a diverse set of technological tools and resources used to communicate and to create, disseminate, store and manage information. This means that ICT helps in the storage and management of information.
These skills include the ability to become lifelong learners within a context of collaborative inquiry and the ability to work and learn from experts and peers in a connected global community. The information society demands a workforce that can use technology as a tool to increase productivity and creativity. This involves identifying reliable sources of information, effectively accessing these sources of information, synthesizing and communicating that information to colleagues and associates. Information is a key resource for undergraduate teaching, learning, research, and publishing. This brings the need for effective methods of information processing and transmission.
The use of computers and the Internet is still in its infancy in developing countries, if these are used at all, due to limited infrastructure and the attendant high costs of access.
1.2Statement of the Problem
The evolution of ICT into universities clearly changes the way education is conducted. Not only is it possible to work with distance learning and achieve a closer collaboration between different universities, but also paving the way to spread knowledge and disseminate information. The pace of change brought about by new technologies has had a significant effect on the way people live, work and play worldwide. New and emerging technologies challenge traditional process of information use and dissemination and the ways information is managed. Easy worldwide communication provides instant access to a vast array of data, challenge assimilation and assessment skills, rapid communication plus increased access to ICT at home, work and in educational establishment.
1.3 Significance of the StudyTo determine to what extent lecturers and students respond to ICT towards e-learning
To explore the current advent of ICT in Nigeria universities.
To gather and disseminate information on the importance of ICT toward e-learning
The power of ICT to connect teachers and learners to the knowledge they need wherever that knowledge exists is being harnessed. For e-learning to succeed in any Nigeria university, it must be built on solid infrastructural background with highly effective internet connectivity. More so, to guarantee effective learning system it is, therefore, fundamental to implement self-sustaining Internet and computer training, which will eventually allow lecturers and students to keep pace with latest development. The university should provide them access to technological and academic information, as well as Internet training at various levels.
1.4Scope of StudyThe scope of study will determine the extent of ICT utilization towards e-learning in Nigeria University.
1.5Research MethodologyA search design instrument (questionnaire) was designed and distributed among students and lecturers in the university (UNIBEN).
1.6Limitation of StudyTime was a major constrain since I have combine academic work with the project and gathering of resources materials.
The difficulty of access to lecturer’s office and persuading the students in attending to questionnaires.
Power supply was major constrain for this study.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. PROBLEMS OF TEACHING ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE IN NIGERIA SECONDARY SCHOOL (A CASE STUDY OF IGBO ETITI LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA) OF ENUGU STATE» ABSTRACT Although English language is now the language of government, business and commerce, education, the mass media, literature and internal as wel...Continue Reading »
2. THE CHALLENGES CONFRONTING OPERATORS OF PRIVATE PRIMARY AND SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The history of private ownership in educational administration in Nigeria could be traced to the ...Continue Reading »
3. THE IMPACT OF EDUCATIONAL FACILITIES ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF STUDENTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN AKOKO-EDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This study is to investigate the impact of educational facilities on the academic performance of students in secondary schools in Akoko Edo L...Continue Reading »
4. CAUSES AND EFFECTS OF POOR PERFORMANCES OF STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN SELECTED SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA ...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study The issue of poor academic performance of students in Nigeria has been of much concern to the governm...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction History of Kaduna Polytechnic Kaduna Polytechnic is one of the earliest polytechnic in Nigeria, located at Tudun Wada are...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Education is a process through which individual acquires skills, competencies, and attitude. It is th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of the Study There are examination bodies that are charged with the responsibility of conducting standardized exam...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The Nigeria is bedeviled by a myriad of problems which, despite her oil wealth, inhibit her devel...Continue Reading »
9. IMPACT OF FAMILY BACKGROUND ON PUPILS’ ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN SOCIAL STUDIES IN SELECTED PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF K...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Families play important role for children’s success in school. Parents tend to exert a lot ...Continue Reading »
10. CAUSES AND EFFECT OF POOR READING HABIT AMONG JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN IKPOBA OKHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In any society, it is not easy to find any skill work that does not require reading ability. Read...Continue Reading »