Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 69 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Questionnaire, Data Analysis,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The study is an investigation into the motivational strategies for effective teaching and learning in secondary school. It provides a conceptual and theoretical appraisal of motivational strategies for effective teaching and learning and profers a case study of Onitsha south secondary school
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The teacher is central in the teaching-learning process, being the facilitator, giver of knowledge, information, values, and skills for a child. The strategic position of teachers thus makes it imperative for them to be accorded priority and attention. In Nigeria, low status of teachers, has been prevalent, which is having serious implications on their performance, quality of their teaching, their attitudes to work/behavior in schools, the academic performance of the pupils/students, and ultimately, the standard of education.
This research thus, considers the need for motivation of teachers as imperative in Nigeria. In the research, various strategies for teachers such as the provision of incentives, regular promotion, prompt payment of salaries, involvement in decision making among others, are highlighted and discussed, for the attention of the stakeholders in education, the government, school administrator. It is however hopeful that the adoption and implementation of these strategies will ensure effective teaching in our schools, and a turnaround in the standard of education
1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
The concept ‘motivation’ takes its root from the Latin word ‘movere’, which means ‘to move‘. There is no universal definition for it, having been defined in different ways in literature. , motivation is the inner drive that pushes individual towards an action, for the purpose of achieving the target objectives.
It is defined as the determination of the nature and locus of the forces inducing the degree of readiness. It is also defined as the energizing force that induces and maintains behaviour. From these definitions and others still in literature, motivation can be described as man’s driving force towards an action or the condition that makes individual to carry out an action.
Motivators are things, situations, and conditions that encourage individual to perform better in an organization, which can be tangible or intangible. Tangible motivators are the physical objects/materials such as gifts and money. Intangible motivators are non-visible objects, things or conditions, such as promotion, commendation (written or verbal), achievement, regular payment of salaries, participation in decision making. The issue of motivator is relative, depending on individual’s priority in an organization.
The concept of individual differences does come into focus while discussing motivator. It is worthy of note that what can motivate A to perform better in an organization might vary from that of B. Some individuals can be motivated by money and gifts. Money is thus believed not to be an end in itself but a means to an end. To some individuals, no amount of money can push them towards an improved performance.
Every organization has objectives to achieve. The level of achievement of such objectives will dictate how the organization is fairing. It is not a gainsaying that teachers occupy unique position in educational institution. they are the fulcrum on which the lever of educational system rests. Teachers need to be motivated so that the schools and educational system as a whole can enjoy their fullest contribution. Even though what can motivate a teacher for effectiveness in a school varies from one teacher to another
1.2. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The fallen standard of education in the secondary school depicted in increase failure of students in final examinations and decline in moral standards are pointers that much still has to done to in our secondary school education especially as regards the motivation of the teachers. The research intends to investigate the motivational strategies for effective teaching and learning in secondary schools with a case study of Onitsha south secondary schools
1.3 RESEARCH QUESTION
1 What is motivation?
2 What constitutes motivational strategies for effective teaching and learning in secondary school?
3 What is the motivational strategies for effective teaching and learning adopted by Onitsha south secondary schools?
1.4. OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
1 To appraise the nature of motivation
2 To determine motivational strategies for effective teaching and learning in secondary schoolâ€‹
1.5. SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
TO determine measures imperative for elevating the standard of teaching and learning in the secondary school
The study shall provide a source of information on motivational strategies for effective teaching and learning in secondary schools
1.6. STATEMENT OF HYPOTHESIS
H0 The quality of teaching and learning in Onitsha south is low
H0 The challenges to effective teaching and learning is high
1.7. SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The study provides an appraisal of motivational strategies for effective teaching and learning in secondary schools with a case study ofOnitsha south secondary school
1.8. DEFINITION OF TERMS
Motivation: It is the inner drive that pushes individual towards an action, for the purpose of achieving the target objectives. It is defined as the determination of the nature and locus of the forces inducing the degree of readiness.Itis also defined as the energizing force that induces and maintains behaviour. From these definitions and others still in literature, motivation can be described as man’s driving force towards an action or the condition that makes individual to carry out an action.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. SKILLS IMPROVEMENT NEEDS OF MOBILE, ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION AND MAINTENANCE WORK TEACHERS IN TECHNICAL COLLEGE IN KATSINA ZONE» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the study Technical and vocational education could be defined as those aspects of education process involving in ...Continue Reading »
2. HOME VIDEO VIEWERSHIP AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN SELECTED PUBLIC SCHOOL (SCHOOLS IN KADUNA AS A CASE STUDY)» Abstract The study investigated the influence of home television viewing on academic achievement of children in upper Basic Education Level in Kaduna ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Citizens are the hearts and soul of democracy and hence there must be active and informed involvement...Continue Reading »
4. INFLUENCE OF INTERPERSONAL COMMUNICATION ON STUDENT LECTURER ACADEMIC RELATIONSHIPS IN THE UNIVERSITY» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Communication between student lecturers serves as a connection between them; it plays a central r...Continue Reading »
5. FACTORS AFFECTING ATTITUDE TO WORK OF SECONDARY SCHOOL TEACHERS IN OGBARU LOCAL GOURMET AREA OF ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Teachers occupy a every important position in the educational system of any country because it is...Continue Reading »
6. THE IMPACT OF EFFECTIVE PLANNING ON TEACHING AND CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT ON TEACHING AND LEARNING OF INTREGRATED SCIENCE.» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Nigerian Educational System has gone through various developments and changes viz a viz curriculu...Continue Reading »
7. THE EFFECT OF EARLY MARRIAGE ON THE SOCIO-ECONOMIC AND EDUCATION DEVELOPMENT OF CHILD IN EDUCATIONAL DISTRICT» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Pregnancy at whatever stage in life can be a life changing experience that cuts across boundaries...Continue Reading »
» TABLE OF CONTENTS Title page i Approval page ii Declaration iii Dedication iv Acknowledgment v Table of contents vi Abstract ix CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCT...Continue Reading »
9. A STUDY OF THE PROBLEMS OF DIVORCE AND ITS EFFECT ON THE EDUCATION OF THE CHILD: (A CASE STUDY OF SOME SELECTED SCHOOLS IN OREDO LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The marriage of a youth in ancient society was parts of the responsibilities of his parents. The youn...Continue Reading »
10. AN ASSESSMENT OF PARENTS’ ATTITUDES TOWARDS GIRL-CHILD EDUCATION IN KADUNA STATE AS PERCEIVED BY TEACHERS AND SCHOOL PRINCIPALS TABLE OF CONTENTS» ABSTRACT The study investigated the attitudes of parents’ towards girl child education in Kaduna State as perceived by teachers and school princ...Continue Reading »