Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 168 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study investigated the effects of Field-based Teaching Strategy on Interest, Retention and Performance in Climate Change among Secondary School Students in Anchau, Kaduna, Nigeria. The study adopted the quasi experimental non-equivalent pretest, posttest control group design. The population of the study consisted of 1,655 SS II Geography students (1,010 males and 645 females). The sample for the study consisted of 75 students who were randomly assigned into experimental and control groups. 35 students in the experimental group were taught using Field-based Teaching Strategy and 40 students in the control group were taught with lecture method for six weeks. Two instruments, namely Climate Change Performance Test (CCPT) and Climate Change Interest Questionnaire (CCIQ) were developed and used for data collection. The reliability coefficient of CCPT is 0.64and that of CCIQ is 0.70. Six objectives, research questions and six hypotheses were raised. Among the hypotheses of the study is that there is no significant difference between the mean academic performance scores and retention ability of students taught Climate Change Concepts using Field-based Teaching Strategy and those taught using lecture method only. Data was analyzed descriptively using means, standard deviations , mean ranks and sum of mean ranks. Inferentially, hypotheses were tested using t-test and Mann-Whitney U-test at p < 0.05 levels of significance. Findings of the study showed a significant difference in interest, retention and performance between students taught Climate Change using Field-based Teaching Strategy and those taught using lecture method in favour of those taught using Field-based Teaching Strategy- (p > 0.03, 0.01, 0.01 respectively). Findings of the study also indicated no significant difference in interest, retention and performance between male and female students in the experimental group which implies the teaching strategy is gender friendly. Based on the findings of the study, it was recommended amongst others that geography teachers should use Field-based Teaching Strategy to teach the concepts of Climate Change.
Geography as a discipline is the study of man and his environment, that is, physical,
political, economic and socio-cultural environments (Atere, 2006). According to Abdulkarim
(2010), geography as an academic subject is geared towards teaching the interrelationships
among phenomenon on the earth surface and those in the atmosphere. As a Senior Secondary
School subject according to Obioma (2008), the Nigerian Educational Research and
Development Council (NERDC) summarized the scope of geography into seven themes -Local
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY When the Arab Spring erupted in 2010, one of the first things people noticed was the very visible...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER 1: PROBLEM, AIMS AND PLAN OF STUDY 1.1 Introductory orientation Truancy is about learners who have not been attending school regularly as requ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Career choice has become a complex science with the advent of information technology, the emergen...Continue Reading »
4. THE EFFECT OF INSTRUCTIONAL STRATEGY IN INCORPORATING LOCAL PRACTICES ON SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ INTEREST AND ACHIEVEMENT IN CHEMISTRY» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Chemistry is the branch of science that deals with the study of the structure and composition of matter. ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The teaching of reading in Nigeria until now has left many puzzling questions among educationists...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Crude oil is one among other natural resources endowment in a nation by nature. Natural resources...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The purpose of this study was to establish the relationship between teachers’ attitude to work and pupils’ academic achievement. ...Continue Reading »
8. IMPACT OF MOTIVATION ON ORGANIZATIONAL PRODUCTIVITY. CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA BOTTLING COMPANY (COCA-COLA)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Although, there is general agreement among psychologists that man experiences a variety of needs,...Continue Reading »
9. EFFECT OF COOPERATIVE LEARNING ON ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN BASIC TECHNOLOGY IN ONELGA RIVERS STATE» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction In order to teach effectively, the teachers must have sufficient knowledge about the students, in addition to the knowled...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The research provides a conceptual and theoretical appraisal of the impact of environmental factor on choice of career among youths in Nigeri...Continue Reading »