Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 168 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: MTech, MSc or PhD.
- Full Access Fee: ₦8,000
This study investigated the effects of Field-based Teaching Strategy on Interest, Retention and Performance in Climate Change among Secondary School Students in Anchau, Kaduna, Nigeria. The study adopted the quasi experimental non-equivalent pretest, posttest control group design. The population of the study consisted of 1,655 SS II Geography students (1,010 males and 645 females). The sample for the study consisted of 75 students who were randomly assigned into experimental and control groups. 35 students in the experimental group were taught using Field-based Teaching Strategy and 40 students in the control group were taught with lecture method for six weeks. Two instruments, namely Climate Change Performance Test (CCPT) and Climate Change Interest Questionnaire (CCIQ) were developed and used for data collection. The reliability coefficient of CCPT is 0.64and that of CCIQ is 0.70. Six objectives, research questions and six hypotheses were raised. Among the hypotheses of the study is that there is no significant difference between the mean academic performance scores and retention ability of students taught Climate Change Concepts using Field-based Teaching Strategy and those taught using lecture method only. Data was analyzed descriptively using means, standard deviations , mean ranks and sum of mean ranks. Inferentially, hypotheses were tested using t-test and Mann-Whitney U-test at p < 0.05 levels of significance. Findings of the study showed a significant difference in interest, retention and performance between students taught Climate Change using Field-based Teaching Strategy and those taught using lecture method in favour of those taught using Field-based Teaching Strategy- (p > 0.03, 0.01, 0.01 respectively). Findings of the study also indicated no significant difference in interest, retention and performance between male and female students in the experimental group which implies the teaching strategy is gender friendly. Based on the findings of the study, it was recommended amongst others that geography teachers should use Field-based Teaching Strategy to teach the concepts of Climate Change.
Geography as a discipline is the study of man and his environment, that is, physical,
political, economic and socio-cultural environments (Atere, 2006). According to Abdulkarim
(2010), geography as an academic subject is geared towards teaching the interrelationships
among phenomenon on the earth surface and those in the atmosphere. As a Senior Secondary
School subject according to Obioma (2008), the Nigerian Educational Research and
Development Council (NERDC) summarized the scope of geography into seven themes -Local
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACT The research profers an analytical and theoretical framework of functional accounting education curriculum for sustainable youth empowerment....Continue Reading »
2. THE CAUSES AND EFFECT OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY AMONG SECODNARY SCHOOL STUDENTS: A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The number of teenagers given birth each year is staggering. In fact, of the slightly more than 10% o...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The hope that parents hold for their children’s success in life is often first vetted through their children...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE Background of the Study The academic performance of any student cannot be separated from the home school, church, playground environment e...Continue Reading »
5. PARENTAL CONFLICT AND ITS EFFECTS ON CHILDREN’S EDUCATION IN KADUNA NORTH LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF KADUNA STATE» ABSTRACT The title of this study is the effects of parental conflicts on students’ academic performance in Kaduna North Local Government Area of...Continue Reading »
» Abstract The study concerned with the effect of Social Media on Academic Performance of Secondary School Students”. This study used quantitative...Continue Reading »
7. WORKSHOP MANAGEMENT TECHNIQUES FOR THE IMPROVEMENT OF SKILLS ACQUISITION IN ELECTRICAL TECHNOLOGY IN TECHNICAL COLLEGES IN KADUNA STATE» CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION Background of the Study Technical Education is that aspect of education designed to prepare individuals for employment in speci...Continue Reading »
8. AVAILABILITY OF LABORATORIES AND QUALIFIED TEACHERS FOR EFFECTIVE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF COMPUTER AND INTEGRATED SCIENCE IN OUR SECONDARY SCHOOL» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Science according to Attiji (2008) is a dynamic human activity concerned with understanding of wo...Continue Reading »
9. THE EFFECT OF INFORMATION COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY ON THE TEACHING AND LEARNING OF ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study The purpose of teaching is primarily to assist the learner acquire the type of knowledge and skil...Continue Reading »
10. Perception of business education student on relevance of entrepreneurship education at collage of education» Abstract The purpose of entrepreneurial training as stipulated by the European Commission 2008, among others include; raising awareness of students ab...Continue Reading »