Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project work was undertaken to survey the use of audio visual aids in the teaching and learning of social studies in some selected secondary school in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area. To find solution to the problems which gave to undertaking the survey questionnaires were raised to check the availability use and the attitude of teachers towards audio/visual aids in teaching Accounting in the selected secondary school in the local government areas of study. From the findings it was discovered that audio/visual aids are not available in schools therefore teachers teach the various language skills without the required basic aids. Recommendations were therefore made to the appropriate authorities to provide and maintain audio/visual aids in the teaching of social studies so as to enhance the promotion of learning among pupils towards improved yearly performance and daily use.
Teaching and learning activities are interesting when instructional materials are used effectively and efficiently in a classroom-teaching situation. It is necessary for the teacher in the learning of Social studies in Nigeria to use visual aid material as instructional tools in order to make their teaching more interesting that is to arouse the learning interest, sustain their attention for effective learning. But the problem in many secondary schools as elsewhere in Nigeria is that of the instructional material like audio/visuals are not available and even where they are, the teachers do not use them effectively.
The reason for this attitude may be because teachers engage themselves in so many other relevant or irrelevant activities. The desire and haste of some teacher to cover the syllabus or scheme of work instead of making their teaching more meaningful and imparting. Often time some teaching goals depend on material for planning and utilization of instructional material for some teacher the production of instructional material is only for passing their examination the training college and not for actual use in the classroom.
There is also problem of non-availability of audio/visual for which teachers alone may not be blamed. The heads often do not motivate the teacher in terms of providing instructional materials.
Furthermore, most school lack of funds and as a result, they find it difficult to purchase the required audio/visual aid.
Generally, failure to use audio/visual material in the teaching of Social studies result in lack of interest among student in learning activities which affect performance in school and pupils not being able to assimilate lesson at their own rate and pace.
STATEMENT OF PROBLEM
The secondary aim of this study is finding out all about the use of visual aid in teaching of Social studies in some selected secondary schools in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area, Enugu State.
It is observed that most teachers of Social studies in the secondary school do not use audio/visual aid to promote learning of this crucial subject.
For the purpose of this study, the following questions were posed.
1. Are audio/visual aid provided for use in the teaching of Social studies in school?
2. Is it through the government provision that the aid are made available, or is it the school authority concerned that make the provision?
DELIMITATION OF THE SCOPE OF STUDY
This study was conducted in selected secondary school in Igbo-Eze North Local Government Area Enugu State. For out of all the schools were randomly selected and the schools include.
a. Iwo road grammar school gbongon .
b. Oduduwa grammar school Ile Ife.
c. Anglican secondary commercial grammar school Ile Ife St peter.
d. Anglican grammar school Ile Ife Gbongon Odeomum Grammar School.
LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
Some of the limitation which researcher had to content with in the course of carrying out the study are as follows.
Lack of adequate finance to the project of a satisfactory level of interest.
Inadequate time to cover more number of schools as the available time had the constraint of mainstream course work lecture attendance.
Inadequate source of material for review for owing to non-availability of time to extend the scope of research for such more enriching materials.
In the school under investigation, there was on readily expected cooperation, forth coming from the respective school staff.
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The purpose of this project work is to identify the following.
1. Making teaching and learning more interesting and giving student opportunity to participate.
2. Examining the effect of audio/visual aid material in student’s performance.
3. Identify some of the problem, which inhibit the use of audio/visual materials.
4. Offering suggestion on how effectively and efficiently to with the use of audio/visual material.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is to examine the importance of audio/visual aid in the teaching of reading Social studies in secondary schools.
This study will aid in spelling pronunciation and fluency of student in reading
It will suggest meaningful way of handing the aid to bring about positive change in the student-reading pattern. It will also help to suggest relevant aid to be used for each of the class concerned it will as well suggest areas and how to make the aid available to the school that are lacking.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. A SURVEY OF EXAMINATION MALPRACTICE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Examinations in Nigerian schools dated back to the advent of formal education in the country in t...Continue Reading »
2. IMPACT OF LABORATORY PRACTICAL ON SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENT ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT IN BIOLOGY, CHEMISTRY AND MATHEMATICS CHEMISTRY AND MATHEMATICS...» ABSTRACT This project work was carried out to determine the impact of laboratory practical on senior secondary school academic achievement in SS 2 Bio...Continue Reading »
3. THE USE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS IN THE TEACHING OF READING IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE IN EGOR LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This project work was undertaken to survey the use of audio visual aids in the teaching and learning of English Language in some selected sec...Continue Reading »
4. QUALITY ASSURANCE STANDARDS AND THEIR ENFORCEMENT IN PRIVATE NURSERY AND PRIMARY SCHOOLS IN SOKOTO METROPOLIS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Education is a mechanism which influences the nation’s ability to produce the much needed p...Continue Reading »
5. ATTITUDE AND PRACTICES OF BREAST SELF EXAMINATION AMONG FEMALE UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS OF TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Breast Self Examination (BSE) is a technique in which a lady examines her own breasts by seeing a...Continue Reading »
6. CAUSES AND EFFECT OF POOR READING HABIT AMONG JUNIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN IKPOBA OKHA LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA, EDO STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY In any society, it is not easy to find any skill work that does not require reading ability. Read...Continue Reading »
7. INFLUENCE OF SCHOOL ENVIRONMENT ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN LAGOS STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The school environment, which include the classrooms, libraries, technical workshops, laboratorie...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY It is widely believed that students can acquire better academic benefits from living in a decent ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 Introduction Historically, Borno State, which was founded in 1976, initially comprised the present Borno and Yobe State. Prior to the ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Economics is a social science that studies how individuals, governments, firms and nations make c...Continue Reading »