The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 59 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
Get the complete project »
1.1 Background of the study
Electronic communication has become an
integral part of our global
society. Presently, information is at the doormat of everybody because the worldis in the era of information technology. This cannot be compared to few decadesback when it takes weeks for one to communicate through letter writing to abeloved one within in or outside the country. In this technological era, informationis no longer left for only a few privileged people who can afford the use of landline telephone in offices and homes. Even the people in the remotest village inNigeria and elsewhere can access information through the cell phone, availableinternet and social networking sites.Social networking is a means of communication through which tools likewall posts, status updates, activity feeds, thumbs ups and profiles are used andperhaps characterized online communications namely face book, Myspace Metlog,flicker and twitter (Akaneme, Ibenegbu &Nwosu, 2013). Also, Mashable (2015)opined that social networking service is an online platform or site thatfocuses onfacilitating the social relations among people who, for example, share interests,activities, backgrounds or real life.In the opinion of Ferguson (2007), social networking is online destinationwhich focuses on connecting people they already know and those they do notknow. Similarly, Abd-Rahman (2013) described social networking as the use of online sites (social networking sites) for people to get to know new people, sharetheir profiles, trace their old friends, share pictures, videos, publish upcomingevents of their societies, and counties.
In operational terms, social networking is a platform through which
individuals’ interest, profiles, pictures, activities, events or news and academicissues are shared and communicated so as to maintain and adopt substantialbalance between their academic requirement and individual interest. Socialnetworking as advent of era of information is the use of dedicated websites whichenable social interaction and applications to interact with other users or findpeople with similar interest to their own.
Presently, social networking as a new development has been described as astage for facilitation and development of adolescents’ social adaptation(Subrahmanyam & Green-Field, 2008; Zhao, Grasmuck & Martin, 2008). Also,people use social networking to share their feeling and disposition toindividualsof their networking (Young, 2011). It is a platform through which peoplecommunicate and disclose their personal thoughts, feelings and life events (Zhao,Grasmuck & Martin, 2008). Operationally, social networking, therefore, implyplatform or online media where individual privately unleash their identities,problems and views to life for others in the same network to comment. Socialnetwork platform includes 2go, facebook, whatsapp, twitter, instagram, google, tomention a few.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Socialnetworking as advent of era of
information is the use of dedicated websites whichenable social interaction and
applications to interact with other users or findpeople with similar interest
to their own.
Presently, social networking as a new development has been described as astage for facilitation and development of adolescents’ social adaptation(Subrahmanyam & Green-Field, 2008; Zhao, Grasmuck & Martin, 2008). Also,people use social networking to share their feeling and disposition toindividualsof their networking (Young, 2011). It is on this background the researcher wants to investigate the influence of social network on academic adjustment of in school adolescent
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objectives of the study are;
1. To ascertain whether Social network effect academic performance of student
2. To ascertain the relationship between social network and academic performance of students
3. To ascertain whether only social network is the cause of poor academic performance of students
1.4 RESEARCH HYPOTHESES
For the successful completion of the study, the following research hypotheses were formulated by the researcher;
Social network does notaffect academic performance of student
H1: Social network affect academic performance of student
H02:there is no relationship between social network and academic performance of students
H2:there is relationship between social network and academic performance of students
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will be of significance to students of different higher of learning as it would enlighten them and the entire nation. Finally, this study will also help to serve as literature (reference source) to the public, individuals and corporate bodies into what to carry out on further research on social network on academic adjustment of in school adolescent among Nigeria’s university students.
1.6 SCOPE AND LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study covers influence of social network on academic adjustment of in school adolescent. study;
a) AVAILABILITY OF RESEARCH MATERIAL: The research material available to the researcher is insufficient, thereby limiting the study
b) TIME: The time frame allocated to the study does not enhance wider coverage as the researcher has to combine other academic activities and examinations with the study.
c) Organizational privacy: Limited Access to the selected auditing firm makes it difficult to get all the necessary and required information concerning the activities.
1.7 DEFINITION OF TERMS
INFLUENCE: The capacity to have an effect on the character, development, or behavior of someone or something, or the effect itself.
SOCIAL NETWORK: A social network is a social structure made up of a set of social actors, sets of dyadic ties, and other social interactions between actors.
ACADEMIC: Academic achievement or (academic) performance is the extent to which a student, teacher or institution has achieved their short or long-term educational goals.
1.8 ORGANIZATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is organized in five chapters, for easy understanding, as follows
Chapter one is concern with the introduction, which consist of the (overview, of the study), historical background, statement of problem, objectives of the study, research hypotheses, significance of the study, scope and limitation of the study, definition of terms and historical background of the study. Chapter two highlights the theoretical framework on which the study is based, thus the review of related literature. Chapter three deals on the research design and methodology adopted in the study. Chapter four concentrate on the data collection and analysis and presentation of finding. Chapter five gives summary, conclusion, and recommendations made of the study
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. EVALUATION OF HEALTH EDUCATION A TOOL FOR ERADICATING COMMUNICABLE DISEASE AMONG PRIMARY SCHOOL PUPILS» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study A communicable disease is an illness caused by a specific infectious agent or it's toxic products...Continue Reading »
66 pages | 117 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. COMPARATIVE EFFECTS OF SIMULATION AND DEMONSTRATION OF METHODS OF INSTRUCTION ON STUDENT ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN BUSINESS STUDIES» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the studyComparative Effect Of Simulation And Demonstration Methods Of Instruction On Students’ Academic ...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 152 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY Examination malpractice is the major clog on the wheel of the educational system in Nigeria. Madu...Continue Reading »
62 pages | 53 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The effect of marital conflict on the academic performance of students (a case study of Esan Cent...Continue Reading »
63 pages | 155 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background to the Study Chemistry is the study that deals with the composition, properties and the use of matter. It probes i...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 155 hits | Source: EDUCATION
6. EXAMINING THE INFLUENCE OF USE OF SCHOOL LIBRARIES IN PROMOTING READING CULTURE AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN RIVERS STATE» The function of reading in the development of human life and his society cannot be overemphasized as it adds quality to life and is a pathway to the f...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 158 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. THE ROLE OF INDUSTRIAL TRAINING SCHEME ON THE DEVELOPMENT OF MANPOWER IN SELETED BUSINESS ESTABLISHMENT IN ANAMBRA STATE» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study Some years back, the concept of training and development of manpower in some business establishme...Continue Reading »
49 pages | 176 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» ABSTRACT This project was basically carried out to investigate, analyze and ameliorate the roles of principals of secondary school in Kebbi State. Fro...Continue Reading »
78 pages | 99 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. THE CAUSES AND EFFECT OF TEENAGE PREGNANCY AMONG SECODNARY SCHOOLS: A CASE STUDY OF OVIA NORTH EAST LOCAL GOVERNMENT AREA OF EDO STATE» ABSTRACT This research work is carried out to find out the causes of teenage pregnancy among secondary school students in Ovia North East local govern...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 160 hits | Source: EDUCATION
10. GENDER INEQUALITY AND ITS INFLUENCE ON STUDENTS’ ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN SOCIAL STUDIES AMONG STUDENTS IN SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN CHIKUN GOVERNMENT ARE...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The Provision of quality and standard education according to the National Policy on education (20...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 10 hits | Source: EDUCATION