Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 37 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Students industrial work experience scheme (SIWES) is a skill development programme established by industrial training (ITF) in 1973 with the headquarter in Jos Nigeria, it is mean to enable students in institution in Nigeria to acquire technical skills and experience for professional development in their course of study as the bridge the gap between theory and practice it is the accepted skill training programmes in institution of high academic in Nigeria that form part of the approved academic requirement in various degree programmes of learning it must be met by students before graduation as stated by (National scheme of Education) 2012, the scheme is a planned supervised training a intervention programme based on stained specific learning and career objective it is also expose and prepare student in institution of higher learning for the industrial work after graduation the scheme equally helps to familiarizes students with work method and expose them to the necessary experience to handle equipment and machinery that are not available in their institution.
SIWES is also an effect to bridge gap between theory and practice and expose students to necessary skills for smooth transition from classroom to the world of work it also enable students for acquire technical and vocational skills and experience for professional development in their study SIWES is fiancé by the federal government of Nigeria under ministry of commerce and industry MAFE (2009) stated that all stake holders are involved in the operation of SIWES but that students are the key factors that are directly involved in its implementation.
The growing concern among our industrialist that graduates for our institution the higher learning lack adequate practical background studies preparatory for employment in industries led to the formation of students industrial work experience scheme by I.T.F (information and guidelined for SIWES 2002), ITF has one of its key function. To work as co-operative entity with industry and commerce where students in institution of higher learning can undertake mid career work compostable with student area enables. (Okarie 2002, in asked 2013). The scheme also enables students to acquire knowledge skill and experienced to perform job in their respected filed.
Specifically the objective of SIWES as stated by the I.T.F are:
i. Prepare students for work situation they are likely to meet after graduation
ii. Provide an avenue for the students in Nigeria tertiary institution to acquire skills and experience in their course of study.
iii. Make the transition from tertiary institution to the world of work easier and thus, enhance students contact for later job placement
iv. Enlist and strengthen employer involvement in the entire educational process of preparing university graduation for employment in industries.
v. Provide students with an opportunity to apply their theoretical knowledge in realwork situation there be gap between theory and practice
vi. Expose students to work method and techniques in handling equipment and machinery that may not be available in the schools
v. Allow student to revealed or complete his innate ability and experience
Since this research is related to vocational and technical students let look at the world technical and vocational education.
TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION (TVE)
Technical vocational educational this is a type of education which provides individual with skills, knowledge, altitudes for effective employment in a specific occupation UNESCO 2005 viewed TVE as a comprehensive term referring to those of technology and related practical skills and altitudes relating to occupation in various sectors of economic and social life according to USUALA (2004) and FRN (2004) skills in building technology, electrical and electronic Motor Mechanics, metal work, wood work, automobile textile and clothing business study computer hardware and software among other can be acquired through TVE.
Vocational and technical education is not just a Nigeria issue it has been a long time discourse both academic and practical. Through the issue in most developing countries like Nigeria the issue in most developing countries like Nigeria has been a question of success full implementation of T.V.E (Okorocha, 2012). In this era of globalization and information and communication technology (ICT), emphasis in on vocational skills for the production on self reliant citizen. VTE therefore has the following roles to play youth empowerment in this 21st century characterized by knowledge exposing the emphasis should be on production of self reliant citizen VTE institution should produce men and women at the end of their education should be able to put in use the skills they have acquired while in school and during SIWES. Institution should partner with industries to enable student of into the wider society on graduation either as individual workers in paid employment or self employed person and functional members of the policies society. T.V.E for VTE should also empower the people serially and economically so that they will be able to participate in the making of decision regarding politics effecting their lives to make citizen and nations to be self reliant in the production, distribution of goods and services. Ogundele asking Bade and Akinlabi (2012) revealed that youth improvement is influence through acquired skills enhancement of citizens national economic development of a nation (Grounting and Nelson 2006; Kibng and Palmeri 2000).
STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
There is no double that SIWES is a loudable skill development programmes geared towards bridging the gap between theory and leant in the schools and the actual practice, however, inspire of its effectiveness in professional development of students the scheme has been hampered by the challenges such as non acceptance of students by some employer non relevance of places of attachment or training inadequate supervision of students by some institution. In adequate supervision of students by some institution in adequate SIWES orientation programme, lack of funding the programme etc among others that is why some of SIWES objective are not achieved.
OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The objective of this research project are as follows:
i. Find out the contribution of SIWES to human resources development through certification and accreditation of mobile, building technology, electrical and electronics etc.
ii. To ascertain the effectiveness of SIWES toward inculcating the habit of work to the students of vocational and technical education and to know or acquire much industrial skills and experience during the period of SIWES.
iii. To emphases the value of experience and skills acquire by students of vocational and technical left it in vain
iv. To determine and filled the gap between theory learn in school and practical aspect acquire during SIWES training
PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
The major purpose of this research project is to know the impact and effectiveness of SIWES to technical and vocational student’s industrial skills and also to determine the following
i. To create in the students of technical and vocational education the habit of hard working in disciplinary manner and expose them into world of work and earning
ii. To provide technical and vocational students with opportunity to be self reliant after graduation from tertiary institution. To use their experience and skill acquired during SIWES to create job and virtual opportunity for brighter future.
iii. To emphases and provide useful information about the bridge between theory learnt in school and practical and technical education (T.V.E).
iv. To determine the practical skills and experience acquire by students of technical and vocational education course tertiary institution during siwes as a compulsory course in fuelling academic course so as not abandon the knowledge.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The findings of the research project will be of beneficiary to the students of technical and vocational education of tertiary institution to know the importance and effectiveness of SIWES and the vertical experience that are acquired during period of SIWES so as not left it in vain it will also be of great importance to other colleges of education technical and the I.T.F its self. Also this findings will be of important to coordinates of SIWES but the point it the point is the student of technical and vocational education.
This research project is guided by the following question:
1. What are the impact of SIWES program to student of technical and vocational education in tertiary institution?
2. How SIWES program inculcate the habit of hardworking and desplinary manner to students of technical and vocational education in tertiary institution?
3. What are the gap that SIWES program try to bridge between theory and practice?
4. To what extent did the TVE students practice the profession after graduation?
5. When skill and experience acquired during SIWES program is of great important and is not to be abandoned.
SCOPE OF THE STUDY
This study is delimited to improving and effectiveness of SIWES to student of vocational and technical education of tertiary institution in Kano, it can also be use to any student that is product of technical and vocational education that undergoes SIWES as a compulsory course in fulfilling academic course to understand the experience and skills acquire during the period of SIWES.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR EDUCATION FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. ASSESSMENT OF THE USE OF INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATIONS TECHNOLOGY (ICT) IN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS IN LAGOS STATE, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background to the Study The use of ICT could be an effective tool in attaining any goal set by Tertiary Institutions, the...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 214 hits | Source: EDUCATION
2. THE EFFECT OF ENVIRONMENT ON THE PERFORMANCE OF SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE (A CASE STUDY OF SECONDARY SCHOOLS IN NSUKKA LOCAL GOVER...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY English language occupies a prominent place in the Nigerian school curriculum. The English language i...Continue Reading »
71 pages | 325 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Afolayan (2010) said that drug addiction is the continuous uncontrolled, compulsive use of a drug...Continue Reading »
44 pages | 69 hits | Source: EDUCATION
4. INFLUENCE OF INSTRUCTIONAL MATERIALS ON STUDENTS ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE IN PHYSICAL AND HEALTH EDUCATION IN SECONDARY SCHOOL IN UYO LOCAL GOVERNMENT ARE...» ABSTRACT The study was designed to determine the influence of instructional materials on student’s academic performance in physical and health e...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 261 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the study Societies through ages have one form of education or the other, whether indigenous or western edu...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 714 hits | Source: EDUCATION
6. IMPACT OF INTERNET USAGE ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF UNDERGRADUATES STUDENTS: A CASE STUDY OF THE UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA, NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study The internet can be conceived as a rich, multi layered complex ever changing text for informa...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 186 hits | Source: EDUCATION
7. THE INFLUENCE OF ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS ON CHOICE OF CAREER AMONG SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS IN LAGOS STATE» Abstract The research provides a conceptual and theoretical appraisal of the impact of environmental factor on choice of career among youths in nigeri...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 1,207 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER 1 INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The apprehensions of media communication, as well as evidence for its effects, are as old as the hi...Continue Reading »
68 pages | 299 hits | Source: EDUCATION
9. EVALUATION OF MATHEMATICS EDUCATION PROGRAMME IN COLLEGES OF EDUCATION IN SOUTH EAST GEOPOLITICAL ZONE OF NIGERIA» Abstract The purpose of the study was to evaluate Mathematics Education programmes in colleges of education in South East geopolitical zones of Nigeri...Continue Reading »
185 pages | 336 hits | Source: EDUCATION
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. Background of the study A national theatre embodies the performing treasures of the nation‘s inheritance for a glo...Continue Reading »
55 pages | 331 hits | Source: EDUCATION