Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project contains a detailed analysis of the existing manual-based billing system of a Hospital of the penults Hospital Trans-Ekulu, Enugu State as a case study.
Base on the analysis, problem areas were identified and a computer based Medical billing system was designed and implement using the IBM compatible Micro-computer system, with colour monitor.
Hospital is responsible for the supply of drugs to various inhabitants in zone at specific drug rates. Form the inception of the hospital, billing has been manually processed.
The manual system employed is not very efficient, a lot of paper work has to be done, receipt, irrespective of patients, take a long period of time to prepare. Due to the volummous number of drugs users, record of patients which serve as information for preparing managerial decision are very difficult to locate manually.
Therefore because of the problem and error arising from such a system, the computer based billing system because very invaluable.
1.2 THE BENEFIT OF THIS WORK
A. To assist medical organization to maintain concise patients monitoring. This project is designed to overview how computer can be use to operation in hospital set-up system. Consequence, this can also serve as aid for computer efficiency designed to carry out administrative job.
B. In the event of hug investment the risk at least will be reduced, this means that when the hospital spends a hug capital to carry out some project, that they will recover the capital with minimum risk.
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
By account of history, medical billing has been plague by several factors based on the current manual process:
- File and record are not properly kept.
- Error are easily made and hardly detected.
- Information is not well maintained.
The sole aim of this project is to reduce un its entirely all these irregularities by the use of computer.
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
To reduce stress, abnormalities, irregularities, time consumption and cost of operation involved or fund in various aspects of record control.
To raise the standard of computer to a greater height in the organization and also in the society
With the development of the internet if has made it possible to pay for medical alternation online just as it is possible to buy other goods and service online.
1.5 AIMS AND OBJECTIVE
This project aim primary at developing a computer-based medical billing system that will prepare bills for patients in an area. A computer-based system can be “batched” or “interactive” a batched processing system is one where transaction are collected and prepared for input for processing as a simple unit. There may be some delay between the occurrence original event and the eventual processing of the transactions. Interactive system are those which allow the user to input data in response to the information displayed on the screen
The project is concerned with only interactive system. The practical system used is the medical billing system.
The project however aims at the following:
- A faster means of billing a patient
- Reducing redundancies of files
- Generation of monthly billing transaction information
- Increasing billing efficiency
- A faster means of calculating revenue
The scope of this study, which is equally the domain or the problem area is particularly the case study of this research work “penults hospital Enugu” and it is to provide a program that will effectively handle the operations of a hospital billing system.
A program that will be interactive one, which means there will be at time/opportunities for operator to supply data to the computer
Form the on set; everything seemed, to be good. But there is nothing with merit without demerits. Some of the constraints, which would have made me not to finish this work.
1. Financial help which I needed most to carry out this project work
2. Constant fluctuation of light, which almost made me to have hypertension.
3. Economic uncertainty in the country
Despite all this temptation, I thank God or giving me strength to overcome it all
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERISED INFORMATION SYSTEM FOR A SMALL BUSINESS ENTERPRISE (CASE STUDY OF TEXACO FILLING STATION)» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION The traditional management as well as organizational behaviour and operation research theories agrees that the organizati...Continue Reading »
48 pages | 239 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
2. THE INFLUENCE OF SMART PHONES AND SOCIAL NETWORKING SITES ON THE ACADEMIC PERFORMANCE OF SENIOR SECONDARY SCHOOL STUDENTS» ABSTRACT The study investigated the influence of smart phones and social networking sites on the academic performance of secondary school students in ...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 585 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
3. Design Of A National Identity Card System (a Case Study Of National Identity Card, Ngwo Local Government Area Enugu State» ABSTRACTThis project is aimed at improving along lasting processing and administration system on National Identity card. It is also aimed at keeping r...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 268 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY The online food ordering system is one of the latest servicers most fast food restaurants in the west...Continue Reading »
42 pages | 186 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERSIZED NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD PROCESSING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NATIONAL IDENTITY CARD, ANAOCH LOCAL GOVERNEMNT...» ABSTRACT This project is aimed at improving along lasting processing and administration system on National Identity card. It is also aimed at keeping ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 332 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACTThe research work Sales Forecasting System is a sales system using˜point of sales ( POS ) technology to achieve its sales, accounting and lin...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 337 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT The Bank Verification Number (BVN) became imperative following the increasing incidence of compromise on conventional security systems such a...Continue Reading »
99 pages | 299 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» IntroductionA student information system (SIS) is software application for education establishments to manage student data. Also known as student info...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 353 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTER ASSISTED LEARNING SYSTEM (CASE STUDY OF TUTORIAL ON PRIMARY SCHOOL MATHEMATICS)» ABSTRACTIn Nigeria today, it’s a well known fact that mathematics is one of the subjects that student find difficult to understand and pass for one ...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 230 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTIONAccording Jantz (2001) the emergence of computer based information system has changed the world a great deal, both large and sm...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 390 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE