Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
This project contains a detailed analysis of the existing manual-based billing system of a Hospital of the penults Hospital Trans-Ekulu, Enugu State as a case study.
Base on the analysis, problem areas were identified and a computer based Medical billing system was designed and implement using the IBM compatible Micro-computer system, with colour monitor.
Hospital is responsible for the supply of drugs to various inhabitants in zone at specific drug rates. Form the inception of the hospital, billing has been manually processed.
The manual system employed is not very efficient, a lot of paper work has to be done, receipt, irrespective of patients, take a long period of time to prepare. Due to the volummous number of drugs users, record of patients which serve as information for preparing managerial decision are very difficult to locate manually.
Therefore because of the problem and error arising from such a system, the computer based billing system because very invaluable.
1.2 THE BENEFIT OF THIS WORK
A. To assist medical organization to maintain concise patients monitoring. This project is designed to overview how computer can be use to operation in hospital set-up system. Consequence, this can also serve as aid for computer efficiency designed to carry out administrative job.
B. In the event of hug investment the risk at least will be reduced, this means that when the hospital spends a hug capital to carry out some project, that they will recover the capital with minimum risk.
1.3 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
By account of history, medical billing has been plague by several factors based on the current manual process:
- File and record are not properly kept.
- Error are easily made and hardly detected.
- Information is not well maintained.
The sole aim of this project is to reduce un its entirely all these irregularities by the use of computer.
1.4 PURPOSE OF THE STUDY
To reduce stress, abnormalities, irregularities, time consumption and cost of operation involved or fund in various aspects of record control.
To raise the standard of computer to a greater height in the organization and also in the society
With the development of the internet if has made it possible to pay for medical alternation online just as it is possible to buy other goods and service online.
1.5 AIMS AND OBJECTIVE
This project aim primary at developing a computer-based medical billing system that will prepare bills for patients in an area. A computer-based system can be “batched” or “interactive” a batched processing system is one where transaction are collected and prepared for input for processing as a simple unit. There may be some delay between the occurrence original event and the eventual processing of the transactions. Interactive system are those which allow the user to input data in response to the information displayed on the screen
The project is concerned with only interactive system. The practical system used is the medical billing system.
The project however aims at the following:
- A faster means of billing a patient
- Reducing redundancies of files
- Generation of monthly billing transaction information
- Increasing billing efficiency
- A faster means of calculating revenue
The scope of this study, which is equally the domain or the problem area is particularly the case study of this research work “penults hospital Enugu” and it is to provide a program that will effectively handle the operations of a hospital billing system.
A program that will be interactive one, which means there will be at time/opportunities for operator to supply data to the computer
Form the on set; everything seemed, to be good. But there is nothing with merit without demerits. Some of the constraints, which would have made me not to finish this work.
1. Financial help which I needed most to carry out this project work
2. Constant fluctuation of light, which almost made me to have hypertension.
3. Economic uncertainty in the country
Despite all this temptation, I thank God or giving me strength to overcome it all
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION_OF A CENTRALIZED WEB BASED HEALTH CARE DATABASE SYSTEM FOR HEALTH INTITUTIONS IN NIGERIA (A CASE STUDY OF OWERRI GENERAL HOS...» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY A centralized database (sometimes abbreviated CDB) is a database that is located, stored, and maintai...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY According to Oxford Learners Dictionary, Organization can be said to be a group of people who form a ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In an attempt to alleviate the problem of medial diagnosis and to increase its affiance computerized patient diagnosis is development to assi...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED LIBRARY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF UYO GENERAL LIBRARY)» ABSTRACTLibrary management system is a project which aims in developing a computerized system to maintain all the daily works of library. This project...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION There were three fundamentally distinct education systems in Nigeria in 1990. The indigenous system, Quranic Schools and ...Continue Reading »
» 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY In 2000, Nigeria developed a policy on Information Technology (IT), with the aim of making Nigeria an IT adapted country i...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Computer have been since the turn of the century and have their impart felt than in the area of information technology (i.e) information is t...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT The system will aid school proprietors, teachers, bursar and general administrative arm of schools to effectively manage students and other s...Continue Reading »
9. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED PERSONNEL AUDITING SYSTEM OF A LOCAL GOVERNMENT ADMINISTRATION (CASE STUDY ABIA STATE BOARD OF INTERNAL RE...» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Modern societies are technology driven thus changing their characteristics at an accelerating rate. One of the current de...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Today, computer has been discovered as a very efficient instrument which ahs played a very significant role in adequate management of informa...Continue Reading »