Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 35 pages long and it is in MS Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Source Code,Abstract.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦5,000
Banking in Nigeria is said to have a long history since Nigeria become independent in 1960. According to history in 1872, the Africa Banking Co-operative Stated her operation in Lagos, Nigeria. The Operation of cooperation was transferred to the Bank of British of West Africa.
However, as the populations of Nigeria citizens begin to increase the Banking System begin to encounter some predicaments due to the manual mode of banking operation. The document in technology made it possible for banks to overboard the problem of manual processing poor decision making and the problem of inter connection within the banking sector which welcomes a full automated processing system such as networking system for banking transaction, information technology, which enhanced the decision-making process and alternative delivery channels. Which includes Mobile Banking Online Banking, PC Banking and the use of ATM (Automated Teller Machine)?
In recent years, significant technology advances have been made in the field banking, both in Nigeria and in International level. The penetration of such technology in business has been limited especially in countries where the majority of their business re small or medium. The effort to adopt E-banking or E-Business technology and solution has targeted the end consumer (Business – To consumer)
BTC, and more rarely takes into account real (Application-To-Application) ATA, a field that is bound to make an impact in speed, security and accuracy of business transaction and will ultimately boost the adoption of E-Banking system.
Despite the rising pace at which information technology is being deployed, the majority of several millions of daily transaction among the above entities are skill carried out in the traditional manners i.e. the manual made the sending the various transaction documents through mail or fax, manually inserting data in enterprise resource planning (ERP) or customer relationship management (CRM) application or at best, manually filling on-line web pages offered by bank or Government Agencies based on the above inadequacy and on the absence of enlightening new
Approaches at the same level, most of the companies (Banks) a waste significant effort and resources while not entrusting the internet and current bank-to-bank (BTB) or bank-to-customer (BTC) application for their transactions.
It took the entire industry several years of developments to achieve reliable, secure, convenient and efficient BTC transaction through the web. Business application inter-connection is a far more difficult task, how different proprietary internal system for accounting, order processing, and supply-chain management be modified to exchange data through the web reliably securely and in a standardized open way, so that a custom solution for each business relationships is not required.
1.2. STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
Through the banking sector is one of the most profitable sector of economy high performance could be measured in terms of their returns, an obligation to the society. The decline in performance of the Nigeria Banking system is due to the array of problem in their day-to-day transaction which is not reliable; secure efficient and relationship between their customers. It is not giving their customer the right treatment that they need.
The magnitude of this problem, brings about a research project among to develop a standardized way of doing transaction safe it an efficiently between business entities. And also interconnect them with Government information system.
1.3. RESEARCH HYPOTHESIS
In order to test the system spastically however it is formulated in testable form with operation. Definition of the banking model relationship as a statistical tool for research work i.e. Hypothesis Hi.
The null and the alternative hypothesis are either true or false which allow us to consider just two actions and the outcome for each hypothesis depending on whether it is true or false. The hypothesis carried out shows that keeping on-line customers is worth the effort, because keeping on-line customers increase banks profitability. They are often assumed to be more profitable than off-line customers, because they are better educated and earn higher incomes, still a study controlling for this self-selection bias shows that the internet channels alone increase a customer’s profitability to the bank by impressive percent.
Ho means there is no significant profitability effort for the on-line customers or end users.
Hi means there is significant profitability for the on-line customers or end users.
1.4. THE AIM AND OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The aim and objective of these research project is to develop and pilot deployment of the necessary methodologies, technology infrastructures, business and set up that will allow the average Nigeria to carry out a significant portion of its business transaction (Banking and Transaction) over the internet through the interconnection of enterprise resources planning (ERP) applications between enterprises, banking institution and the public sector.
Most especially, the general aims and objective are:
- To design and develop an easy, adaptable and financially alternative solution for the average Nigerian small or medium enterprises and the public by hiding the complexity of the E-Banking system from the regular user and developing a low cost product.
- To study and emphasis on the particular important issues of data and transactions security as well as the protection of interchanging parties through modern security infrastructures.
- The continues-dissemination of the methodologies and the technical know how that is developed through the project towards both the academic and industrial worlds, in the form of scientific paper publications, international conference presentations and workshop bringing together field experts.
1.5 THE SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of the study is to cover some of the loop holes that can be seen in the Banking model for the past years which their customers has been finding it difficult to use in a correct manner, security and ease-of- use may be odds, for example, strong passwords provide security but are difficult to remember by the users.
The study also covered and lay emphasis on the causes of banking model which are:
1. HCI Design: Design and implement for user interface for banking model client, such as bundling of a set of payment, one-time task, such as installation of a digital signature base client.
2. Account number validation: The system should be able to validate the number typed by the users.
3. Reduce the number of repetitive tasks, the number of codes, passwords that the users required to remember.
4. To provide god explanation of signature file.
5. Design conventional banking model client that is a client they runs in a PC browser and uses a signature file for user authentication.
6.Stimulate a password generator such as active card.
1.6. LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
During the course of the study, there are some problems that was encounter which may lead to the insufficient and inefficient execution of the study, they are:
- It was very difficult for the bank manager that I was interviewing to give me the right information that I need from the company.
- The required materials needed to carryout this research are not currently available due to the financial status of the researcher.
- It is very difficult due to time constraint which is not enough for me to gather enough information on the project.
1.7 THE SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
The significance of this study is to satisfy customer which serve as pre-requisite for customer retention, moreover the reason is that cost of acquiring new customers is high but the profitability that they stay is quit low, which may lead to switch from their banks to another when the website or the application does not meet the customer need.
However, the study is to make sure that the e-banking users are less likely to leave their bank. The system appears to be the retail channel. I.e. especially prominent in cultivating customer loyalty. And the household users are better informed and more actively involved in financial affairs than on-line users that do not use their bank website.
Therefore, they should be able to convince more of their customers to go on-line than affairs by guarantees of crucial security and relatively cheapest fees for E-banking system.
1.8. DEFINITIONS OF TERMS
- E-BANKING:- the remote delivery of new and traditional banking products and services through electric delivery channel.
- E-MAIL SERVER:- A computer that message e-mail traffic
- ENCRYPTION:- A data security techniques used to protect information from unauthorized inspection or alteration.
- FIREWALL:- A hardware or software link in a network that relays only data packets clearly intended and authorized to reach the other side.
- CHECK DIGITS: - A digit in an accounts number that is calculated from the other digit in the account number and is used to check the account number correctness validity.
- BIOMETRICS:- the method of verifying a person’s identify by analyzing a unique physical attribute of the individual e.g. fingerprint, retinal, scanning.
- BANKING MODEL: - it has business that manipulates data associated with savings accounts, currents account, fixed deposits, loan and so on.
DNS server (Domain name service server):- A computer that determines internet protocol (IP) numeric address from domain names presented in a convenient, readable.
- ACCOUNT AGGREGATION: - A server that gathers information from many website, present that information to the customers in a consolidated format and in some cases may allow customer to invite activity on the aggregate account.
- ACCOUNT MANAGEMENT:- Activities such as balance inquire statement balancing transfers between the customer’s account at the financial institution maintenance of personal information etc.
- BILL PAYMENT:- An E-banking application where by customer’s directs the financial institution to transfer funds to the account of another person or business. Payment is carried out by ACH credit or by the institution (or bill payment service) by sending a paper cheque on behalf of the customer.
- DIGITAL CERTIFICATION: the electronic equivalent ID cards that authenticates the originator of a digital signature.
- HTML:- Hypertext mark-up language a set of codes that can be inserted into a format require for used by another system or application.
- HYPERLINK:- An item on a webpage, that when selected transfer the user directly to another location, a hypertext document or to another webpage, perhaps on a different machine.
- INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER (ISP):- A company that provides it customer’s with access to the internet.
- INTERFACE:- Computer programme that translate information from a system to another or application into a format required for use by another system or application.
- KIOSK: - A publicly accessible computer terminal that permits customers to directly communicate with the financial institution via a network.
- PASSWORD: - A secret sequence of characters that is used as a means of authentification.
- PATCHING: - Software code that replace or updates other code. Frequently patches are used to correct security flaws. Suspicious activity report (SAR). Reports required to be filled by the bank secretary. When a financial institution identifies or suspects fraudulent act.
- SERVER: A computer or other device that manages a network to server.
- ROUTER: - A hardware device that connects two or more network and routes incoming data packets in the appropriate network.
- URL (UNIFORM OR UNIVERSAL RESOURCES LOCATION: - A way of specifying the location publicly information is available.
- Virus: - Malicious code that replicates itself within a computer.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» ABSTRACTThis project is a computerized information management for transcript management which will help to overcome the undesirable problem associated...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.0 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY The increasing demand for education in Nigeria especially tertiary education has been an issue in...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT In an attempt to speed up the process of Examination processing system, here comes a need to create a fast, effective and efficient system wh...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTComputers are known for their wide range of uses especially in scientific and mathematical fields. However little or no thought has been given...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF STUDY One of the great recent advances in the world of information technology is the rapid development ...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The term Computer Assisted Learning (CAL) covers a range of computer based packages, which ai...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 General Overview In recent years, the technology of database has become more advanced where large amount of data is r...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Several recent proposals have argued for giving third parties and end users control over routing in the network infrastru...Continue Reading »
9. COMPUTER MEDIATED COMMUNICATION AND ISSUES OF TRUST: A STUDY OF THE USE OF SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE AMONGST STUDENTS OF CANTERBURY HIGH SCHOOL, AJAH-LEK...» ABSTRACT There are a number of barriers to trust in the online environment. Despite the awareness of online dangers, young adults take risk on posting...Continue Reading »
10. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF AN ONLINE PRISON MANAGEMENT SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF NIGERIA PRISON SERVICE ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Management of prisons in Nigeria has long been a neglected area which has recently been incorpora...Continue Reading »