The Complete Project Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters. Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References Level : BTech/BSc/BA/HND/ND.
Get the complete project »
Diagnosis system deals with the registration of patient information, doctor’s information aand report, collection of diseases and infected syndrome, and diagnosis of these diseases. Computerized system poses high speed of processing precision, storage, its versatility and high retrieval system makes possible the completion of tasks that could never been achieved with manual system because of the difficulty of completing them on time for the results to be useful.
This paper discusses the design and implementation of a diagnosis system system database application with WAMP SERVER database. It also discusses the issues of selecting appropriate database model, interface design, and system deployment. A projection of record growth in relation to student population and system requirement was carried out in the study. Finally it discusses the applicability of the system in academic institutions. The Programming language used in developing this application is Visual Basic.net 2012. It runs in Windows 98 to Latest windows 8. Also Crystal report must be installed to view the report of the patient diagnosis information.
This chapter gives an overview about the aim, objectives, background and operation environment of the system.
1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
Health care facility should be accessible by all at all times. But some of the people that should access these facilities are far removed from these facilities. More so, in the few available facilities, qualified medical personnel are always key issues that need urgent redress.
In view of the foregoing, it would be of great necessity to provide a computerized system that will provide a complementary medical service, such as medical disease diagnosis in places where accessibility is a problem as well as health care facilities where qualified experts are lacking, hence this topic, Expert System or electronic diagnosis system on some medical illness and disease.
1.2 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEMS
Disease diagnosis and treatment constitute the major work of physicians. Some of the time, diagnosis is wrongly done leading to error in drug prescription and further complications in the patient’s health. It has also been noticed that much time is spent in physical examination and interview of patients before treatment commences. The clinical decision support system (CDSS) shall address these problems by effectively providing quality diagnosis in real-time
1.3 OBJECTIVE OF THE STUDY
The major objective of this work is to develop an expert system on diagnosis of non-communicable diseases.
It also targets towards contributing to academic research work.
• To develop modern interactive diagnostic software that will aid clinicians in diagnostic procedures.
• To offer prescription of medication.
• To enable flexibility in access to information through the World Wide Web or comprehensive knowledge bases.
• It is also to ascertain whether the diseases could be diagnosed based on signs and symptoms.
• It will also examine a patient based on simple clinical signs, and to improve family and community health
1.6 SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
If this prototype is fully developed will be very useful in many areas such as:
a. It will help to retain the skill of an expert medical doctor in case of any eventuality;
b. It can support academic development;
c. It can be useful in many hospitals, both private and government, cases where the expert is not on seat;
d. It can also be used in the laboratory for quick research work.
1.7 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
1. Unavailability of academic materials.
2. Transport problem
3. Lack of financial support
4. Lack of Time
5. Unavailability of programming software such as Visual Basic.Net.
1.9 SCOPE OF THE STUDY
The scope of this work will include the following
1. A dynamic database system that can act as knowledge based system
2. A complete model of an expert system to portray sample troubleshooter
3. Explore the power of visual basic in data handling
4. To implement a dynamic search system
1.8 ASSUMPTION OF THE STUDY
During the process of data collection, information relating to Electronic diagnosis System was obtained from the internet and the library. Hence, it is assumed that all the data collected are correct and contains no false information.
1.9 DEFINITION OF TERMS
1. Management: It is the co-ordination of all the resources of an Organization through the process of planning, Organization, directing and controlling
2. System: Physical component of a computer that is used to perform certain task.
3. Data: Numbers, Text or image which is in the form suitable for Storage in or processing by a computer, or incomplete information.
4. Information: A meaning full material derived from computer data by organizing it and interpreting it in a specified way.
5. Input: Data entered into a computer for storage or processing.
6. Output: Information produced from a computer after processing.
7. Information System: A set of interrelated components that collect (or retrieve), process, store and distribute information to support decision making and control in an organization.
8. COMPUTER:-Computer is an electronic device that accepts data as Input, processes data and gives out information as output to the user.
9. SOFWARE:-Software is set of related programs that are designed by the manufacturer to control the hardware and to enable the computer perform a given task.
10. HARDWARE: - Hardware is a physical part of a computer that can be touched, seen, feel which are been control by the software to perform a given task.
11. DATABASE: - Database is the collection of related data in an organized form.
12. PROGRAMMING: - programming is a set of coded instruction which the computers understands and obey.
13. TECHNOLOGY: -Technology is the branch of knowledge that deals with the creation and use technical and their interrelation with life, society and the environment, drawing upon such as industrial art, engineering, applied science and pure science.
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE STUDENT CLEARANCE SYSTEM USING DATA MINING TECHNIQUES A STUDY OF NAITES NIGERIA» ABSTRACT It has been a difficult issues to the final year student of NAITES, when it comes to clearance, a process done by every passing out student t...Continue Reading »
54 pages | 296 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A SOFTWARE FOR EXAMINATION SUPERVISION SCHEDULING FOR AN INSTITUTION OF HIGHER LEARNING» ABSTRACT This project aims at automating the examination supervision scheduling of the institute of management and technology, Enugu. An in dept study...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 205 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» GENERAL DESCRIPTION File size:728 KB Programming Language: PHP, MYSQL, AJAX (For Other Programming Languages Click Here) Programming Environment: Wind...Continue Reading »
80 pages | 235 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FOR PUBLIC INSTITUTIONS (A CASE STUDY OF UNTH, ENUGU)» ABSTRACTThe proper management and utilization of financial resources has over the years been the bed rock of growth, expansion and continual existence...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 145 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION COMPUTERIZED POWER MONITORING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF POWER HOLDING COMPANY NIGERIA, PHCN, UYO)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Introduction In a world like ours today there is every need to manage funds in every activity being carried out. It is th...Continue Reading »
40 pages | 161 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT Information systems are employed by organizations for the collection, filtering, processing, creation and distribution of data. In healthcare...Continue Reading »
182 pages | 33 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.0 IntroductionThis chapter presents the introduction to the research study under the following headings:Theoretical Backgroun...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 257 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» ABSTRACT This research work has led to the development of a data encryption system that organizations and individuals can use for secure data communic...Continue Reading »
56 pages | 225 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 INTRODUCTION As much as have to receive adequate welfare and entitlements the personnel database must be maintain effectively. The per...Continue Reading »
44 pages | 67 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY A computer network or data network is a telecommunications network which allows computers to exch...Continue Reading »
65 pages | 301 hits | Source: COMPUTER SCIENCE