Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
The traditional approach to measuring a person’s level of knowledge in a topic has been the examination. These days, there is often more emphasis on “internal” assessments, which may consist of assignments and projects given out and then marked or assessed. However, examination remains a popular component of many assessments. The purpose of the system is to develop online test/examination administration system used to test the domain knowledge of students of Uyo City Polytechnic, Uyo, Akwa Ibom State. The manual procedures used for conducting examination are time consuming and error prone due to human limitations. The system’s purpose is to completely automate the old manual procedure of conducting examination/test to online web-based examination system.
1.0 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY
With the development of internet and network database, online education has become an important method in knowledge innovation, dissemination and application. So how to achieve the goals of informational and paperless examination better and make the examination more efficiently convenient and justice become an important topic in modern education field. Developing a stable online examination information system can effectively solve this problem. The system is developed based on J2EE architecture and its mainly includes three modules; user management, which is responsible for managing the information of the administrators or teachers and students test management includes the functions for administrators or teachers to select randomly questions from database to generate test papers.
Online examinations, sometimes referred to as e-examinations are the examination conductedthrough the internet or an intranet (if within any organization) for remote candidates. Most of the examinations issue results as the candidate finish the examination, when there is an answer processing modules included within the system. Candidate is given a limited time to answer the question and after the time is expired the answer paper is disabling automatically and result displayed on the screen immediately.
1.1 STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM
The present problems associated with the conduct of manual test examination are:
· Delay in release of results.
· Leakages of examination question.
· Impersonation in the examination hall.
1.2 OBJECTIVES OF THE STUDY
The primary objective of this study is to develop software that will be used to administer online test/examination.
1.3 SCOPE/DELIMITATION OF THE STUDY
This research work is restricted to objective based/multiple choice based online examination, instant result checking and print out.
1.4 LIMITATION OF THE STUDY
The followings are the limitation of the study
· Understanding the concepts and the fundamentals behind information examination/test online.
· The generation of admit card is another limitation which would require a lot of effort as huge number of students would be writing test/examination.
· No image support, so certain questions in certain courses which need images or diagrams cannot be asked.
· It supports only multiple choices and no theory.
1.5 SIGNIFICANCE OF THIS STUDY
The following are the significance of the study;
· The study will help to serve as a source of reference to all computer science students who might make further research on the topic.
· It will bring consistency in test/examination in the department.
· Instant result checking can be done
1.6 DEFINITION OF TERMS
I.C.T. it is an acronym that stands for information and communication technology, it is concerned with the storage, retrieval, manipulation, transmission or receipt of digital data. It includes and communication device or application encompassing, radio, television, cellular phones, computer network hardware and software satellite system etc.
It is a software package that can be access through the web browser. The software and database resides one central server rather than being installed on the desktop system.
It is a collection of information that is organized so that it can easily be accessed, managed and updated.
A module is a discrete unit of functionality which can be compiled, ran, tested and debugged independently.
ELECTRONIC EXAMINATION (E-EXAMINATION)
It’s a system that allows students to take examinations using the computer on real time.
It is a global system of interconnected computer networks that uses the standard protocol suite (TCP/IP) to serve several billion users world wide.
It is an acronym for Information Technology. It is the branch of engineering that deals with the use of computers and telecommunications equipment to retrieve, store and transmit information.
It is the use of electronic technology to aid in the acquisition and development of knowledge and understanding.
It is a computer network that uses protocol technology to share information, operational systems, or computing services within an organization.
It is a feedback mechanism that confirms that a learner understands to a limit what a lecturer or an instructor teaches.
These are raw facts that can be store and processed by a computer.
It means a process of being connected to a system.
It is a general purpose device that can be programmed to carry not a set of arithmetic or logical operations automatically.
It is conveyed either as the content of message or through direct or indirect observation of something.
It is an instance of a computer program that is being executed.
It is a software application used to locate, retrieve and also display content on the World Wide Web, including web pages, images, videos and other files.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR COMPUTER SCIENCE FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AUTOMATED DEPARTMENTAL COURSE ALLOCATION AND TIME TABLE FOR THE DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE IN ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY, AKUNGBA-AKOKO» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Introduction Over the years allocation of course, their credit units and departmental timetable have been growing from one st...Continue Reading »
2. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A MEDICAL BILLING SYSTEM (FEDERAL MEDICAL CENTER LOKOJA, KOGI STATE)» CHAPTER ONE 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY Medical is responsible for the supply of drugs to various inhabitants in zone at specific drug rates. Form the...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONEINTRODUCTION1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDYComputer security is information security as applied to computers and networks. The field covers all...Continue Reading »
4. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A HOTEL MANAGEMENT INFORMATION SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF ROYAL MARBLE HOTELS, BENIN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The hospitality industry, which is a major team player towards the economic growth of Nigeria as...Continue Reading »
5. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF ONLINE CAMPUS VOTING SYSTEM (A CASE STUDY OF STUDENT UNION GOVERNMENT (SUG)UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 Background of the Study Elections form a critical process in democratic systems and application of information technologi...Continue Reading »
6. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION COMPUTERIZED EMPLOYEE CLOCKING SYSTEM ( A CASE STUDY OF MARLUN CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ENUGU)» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1. BACKGROUND OF STUDY Employee clocking systems are time system used by organization to accurately record the number of ho...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY The world is fast becoming a global village and a necessary tool for this process is communic...Continue Reading »
8. DESIGN AND IMPLEMENTATION OF A COMPUTERIZED DOCUMENTATION SYSTEM OF COURT PROCEEDINGS (A Case Study Of Federal High Court Enugu State)» ABSTRACTAs the complexity and degress of crimes widen, system using new technology will have to be utilized to aid lawyers etc to fight this tends.Jus...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACTThe software package used in this protect is quick Basic which centered on soloing the problem of relational business activities arising from ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Overview of website development is the skill of creating presentation of content (usually hypertext or hypermedia) that is delivered to an en...Continue Reading »