Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Technological advancement has cuts across all aspect of human activities. However, it is on this platform that the need to minimize or check water wastage arouse. Water is a free gift of nature but due to its indispensability to human existence; it should be conserved for the purpose of constant availability or sufficiency. Moreover, in order to take a good care of this problem of wastage, there is need for the construction of water level controller this will guide against unnecessary wastage of water, for it will make a reasonable quantity of water to be used a any time. In this project, effort has been made to construct a water controller that is capable of controlling the electric water pumping motor operation in regard o switching “ON” or “OFF” at predetermined level of water in the storage tanks or reservoirs. This project also gives the clarity of advantage of using an automatic method of controlling water level over human or manual control method.
Water is one of the most important natural resources that need to be conserved, but the rate at which water is being wasted in both he domestic and industrial activities is quite learning however, in a bid to reduce this kind of wastage in some industries, effort has been made towards the design of a “re – circulation system” in which water that has been used is made to recycle and be used again for the production processes.
In some homes is the make use of the overhead reservoirs, there s the need to make use of electric motors for the purpose of pumping water by electric motor in to these reservoirs stop usually depends on the capacity of the reservoirs (that is the time at which water fills the reservoirs to the brim) this however, usually brings about “forced leakages” through the month of the overhead tanks or reservoirs and hence, the whole environment or surroundings will become flooded with waters. This is of course, an abnormal condition.
Moreover for this reason and others that will be mentioned later, there arises the need to develop an efficient and effective means of controlled the level at which water will be pumped in the reservoirs in house and industries in order to reduce wastage of water, loading at the environments and host of other. This a water level controller that will be a supervisory system for monitoring the level of water, which a particular reservoir can contain, needs to we designed and constructed, such that when the water reaches the level at which the probe detectors of the controller are set in the tanks, the motor automatically stopped and alarm to indicate that the volume of the water pumped is enough has to be incorporated.
Of all the existing method of water conservation ranging from the privative manual control to the use of “float” to control the pumped action of the electric motors, there has not been a complete electronic method of control. In the manual control, bring compelled to climb up to a reservoir in which water in being pumped by an electric motor, in order to determined the level of the required water and for which the motor should be stopped, be not the best way of using qualified manpower. Besides, this offers a very tedious working condition to the working personnel’s on the whole.
However; improper way of controlling the water level in the overhead tanks or reservoir is contributing to the problem of water wastage and environmental flooding which can lead to inconvenience for the people around, damage of the property and other valuable materials in homes and industries.
Hence, the real motivation in having this supervisory unit equipment is based on its advantages of the ability to detect the presence of water at a predetermined level and then controlling of the pumping operation in basically completed electronic mode, the advantage which reduces the problems associated age which reduces the problems associated with improper way of water level centered.
1.2 LAYOUT OF REPORT
The report layout all the proceedings involve in the project from chapter one to chapter five.
· Chapter one discusses introduction, which covers the motivation.
· Chapter two deals with the literature review and the general knowledge of entire system .
· Chapter three is on the system design, calculation and mode of operation.
· Chapter four describes he constructions testing and problems encountered as well as the courses of the project.
· Chapter five presents conclusion and the recommendation.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
Share a Comment
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR CIVIL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
» CHAPTER ONE 1. INTRODUCTION 2. Since the attainment of independence, Nigeria has witnessed rapid economic and social development, which has open up th...Continue Reading »
69 pages | 403 hits | Source: CIVIL ENGINEERING
» TABLE OF CONTENTS PREFACE............................................................................................................................ ...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 247 hits | Source: CIVIL ENGINEERING
3. SUSTAINABILITY STRATEGIES IN ENGINEERING INFRASTRCUTURE IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES; A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SOUTH WESTERN REGION OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Sustainability issue in recent times has dominated the arena of discussion in built environment. Billions...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 540 hits | Source: CIVIL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT This study examines the procurement process in Nigeria with a view to assessing the procurement act, as well as investigating the effects of ...Continue Reading »
117 pages | 83 hits | Source: CIVIL ENGINEERING
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY AND ORGANIZATIONAL PROFILE Seeley (1997) described the construction industry as one of the most i...Continue Reading »
50 pages | 248 hits | Source: CIVIL ENGINEERING
» TABLE OF CONTENTS CERTIFICATION.. i DECLARATION.. ii DEDICATION.. iii ACKNOWLEDGEMENT.. iv TABLE OF CONTENTS. v LIST OF TABLES. x LIST OF FIGURES. xii...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 148 hits | Source: CIVIL ENGINEERING
7. AQUIFER CHARACTERISTICS IN UYO METROPOLIS: A CASE STUDY OF ITIAM ETOI, ANUA OFFOT AND IBOKO OFFOT» ABSTRACT The description and location of the geologic formations and water bearing zones within the study area are discussed. The geologic aquifers in...Continue Reading »
58 pages | 280 hits | Source: CIVIL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT This study researched into how new and existing highways in Nigeria can be designed for construction or reconstruction to check under design ...Continue Reading »
106 pages | 176 hits | Source: CIVIL ENGINEERING
» ABSTRACT One of the characteristics of construction projects is that they entail huge capital outlay. These investments have alternatives; in effect i...Continue Reading »
88 pages | 105 hits | Source: CIVIL ENGINEERING
10. DRILLING FLUID ADDITIVE: AN OVERVIEW, HISTORY OF LOCAL CONTENT DRILLING FLUID ADDITIVE CONSIDERING GUM ARABIC» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Drilling mud is a flowing fluid applied in rotary drilling for achieving single or multiple tasks during the procedure, a...Continue Reading »
52 pages | 593 hits | Source: CIVIL ENGINEERING