Get the complete project »
- The Complete Research Material is averagely 52 pages long and it is in Ms Word Format, it has 1-5 Chapters.
- Major Attributes are Abstract, All Chapters, Figures, Appendix, References.
- Study Level: BTech, BSc, BEng, BA, HND, ND or NCE.
- Full Access Fee: ₦4,000
Technological advancement has cuts across all aspect of human activities. However, it is on this platform that the need to minimize or check water wastage arouse. Water is a free gift of nature but due to its indispensability to human existence; it should be conserved for the purpose of constant availability or sufficiency. Moreover, in order to take a good care of this problem of wastage, there is need for the construction of water level controller this will guide against unnecessary wastage of water, for it will make a reasonable quantity of water to be used a any time. In this project, effort has been made to construct a water controller that is capable of controlling the electric water pumping motor operation in regard o switching “ON” or “OFF” at predetermined level of water in the storage tanks or reservoirs. This project also gives the clarity of advantage of using an automatic method of controlling water level over human or manual control method.
Water is one of the most important natural resources that need to be conserved, but the rate at which water is being wasted in both he domestic and industrial activities is quite learning however, in a bid to reduce this kind of wastage in some industries, effort has been made towards the design of a “re – circulation system” in which water that has been used is made to recycle and be used again for the production processes.
In some homes is the make use of the overhead reservoirs, there s the need to make use of electric motors for the purpose of pumping water by electric motor in to these reservoirs stop usually depends on the capacity of the reservoirs (that is the time at which water fills the reservoirs to the brim) this however, usually brings about “forced leakages” through the month of the overhead tanks or reservoirs and hence, the whole environment or surroundings will become flooded with waters. This is of course, an abnormal condition.
Moreover for this reason and others that will be mentioned later, there arises the need to develop an efficient and effective means of controlled the level at which water will be pumped in the reservoirs in house and industries in order to reduce wastage of water, loading at the environments and host of other. This a water level controller that will be a supervisory system for monitoring the level of water, which a particular reservoir can contain, needs to we designed and constructed, such that when the water reaches the level at which the probe detectors of the controller are set in the tanks, the motor automatically stopped and alarm to indicate that the volume of the water pumped is enough has to be incorporated.
Of all the existing method of water conservation ranging from the privative manual control to the use of “float” to control the pumped action of the electric motors, there has not been a complete electronic method of control. In the manual control, bring compelled to climb up to a reservoir in which water in being pumped by an electric motor, in order to determined the level of the required water and for which the motor should be stopped, be not the best way of using qualified manpower. Besides, this offers a very tedious working condition to the working personnel’s on the whole.
However; improper way of controlling the water level in the overhead tanks or reservoir is contributing to the problem of water wastage and environmental flooding which can lead to inconvenience for the people around, damage of the property and other valuable materials in homes and industries.
Hence, the real motivation in having this supervisory unit equipment is based on its advantages of the ability to detect the presence of water at a predetermined level and then controlling of the pumping operation in basically completed electronic mode, the advantage which reduces the problems associated age which reduces the problems associated with improper way of water level centered.
1.2 LAYOUT OF REPORT
The report layout all the proceedings involve in the project from chapter one to chapter five.
· Chapter one discusses introduction, which covers the motivation.
· Chapter two deals with the literature review and the general knowledge of entire system .
· Chapter three is on the system design, calculation and mode of operation.
· Chapter four describes he constructions testing and problems encountered as well as the courses of the project.
· Chapter five presents conclusion and the recommendation.
You either get what you want or your money back. T&C Apply
You can find more project topics easily, just search
SIMILAR CIVIL ENGINEERING FINAL YEAR PROJECT RESEARCH TOPICS
1. AQUIFER CHARACTERISTICS IN UYO METROPOLIS: A CASE STUDY OF ITIAM ETOI, ANUA OFFOT AND IBOKO OFFOT» ABSTRACT The description and location of the geologic formations and water bearing zones within the study area are discussed. The geologic aquifers in...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Choosing a suitable site for dam is a crucial phase in dam construction. A successful outcome of this effort is initiated by taking into cons...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND TO THE STUDY Cities the world over are the dominating forces in the organization of human population. As the w...Continue Reading »
» INTRODUCTION TO SCC Self Compacting Concrete (SCC), a relatively new category of high performance concrete, is proportioned in such that the concrete ...Continue Reading »
» ABSTRACT Sustaining housing development especially to the medium/low income group of the society has become a huge challenge particularly because of t...Continue Reading »
6. SUSTAINABILITY STRATEGIES IN ENGINEERING INFRASTRCUTURE IN DEVELOPING COUNTRIES; A CASE STUDY OF SELECTED SOUTH WESTERN REGION OF NIGERIA» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION Background of Study Sustainability issue in recent times has dominated the arena of discussion in built environment. Billions...Continue Reading »
7. POLLUTION PROBLEMS AND AN ENGINEERING APPROACH TO THE MANAGEMENT AND CONTROL OF INDUSTRIAL EFFLUENTS IN OTTA, NIGERIA» ABSTRACT This study examined the effects of effluent discharges from various point loads on a purposively selected receiving river, the self recovery ...Continue Reading »
8. DRILLING FLUID ADDITIVE: AN OVERVIEW, HISTORY OF LOCAL CONTENT DRILLING FLUID ADDITIVE CONSIDERING GUM ARABIC» CHAPTER ONE 1.0 INTRODUCTION Drilling mud is a flowing fluid applied in rotary drilling for achieving single or multiple tasks during the procedure, a...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE 1. INTRODUCTION 2. Since the attainment of independence, Nigeria has witnessed rapid economic and social development, which has open up th...Continue Reading »
» CHAPTER ONE INTRODUCTION 1.1 BACKGROUND OF THE STUDY AND ORGANIZATIONAL PROFILE Seeley (1997) described the construction industry as one of the most i...Continue Reading »